main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Symbolism of the scenes between Padme and Anakin

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by SmoovBillyDee, Aug 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    (shudders at the thought)

2. Mr_Boba_Jango

Mr_Boba_Jango Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    Hey, you know with a fire that big, every little bit helps. ;)

3. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    So what value should I set the TCP receive window if I am using a 1.5 Mbps cable connection

AP - I'm assuming you're referring to the TCP/IP properties under the network config where the IP address can be set? I've been thinking of getting a cable modem for a faster connection but haven't.

4. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Use your imagination with that scene if they were drunk already.

Anyone have a video camera? I can picture the two of them fighting over the hose and staggering back & forth, beer spilling & Ap blaming Boba & vice versa.

It'd make a good comedy routine [face_laugh]

5. jedi-ES

jedi-ES Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I think Boba Jango understands what I was alluding to. :D

6. Mr_Boba_Jango

May 20, 2002
    I think Boba Jango understands what I was alluding to.

Some of us guys know how to put out a campfire, hey Eric? ;)

Arriss

I'm very lucky I have never been caught on video tape. ;)

7. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    I think Boba Jango understands what I was alluding to.

I'll probably get flamed for asking but curiousity won out.

So, enlighten me :)

Edit: Stupid microwave - burned my popcorn :mad: that is soooo uncool! <getting vexed>

8. Mr_Boba_Jango

May 20, 2002
    Well Arriss,

Lets just say, there's no sense in putting all that beer to waste. The cans aren't the only thing that can be recycled. ;)

9. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    UGH! MEN! EGADS! (betcha haven't heard that one in a long time)

Now if I could just get our dog to stop staring at me, begging for popcorn....

10. jedi-ES

Jun 7, 2002
    Arriss,

Men can be very good environmentalists!

Especially when we get drunk! ;)

11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    *EH-HEM!!*

I'll have you know that even w/o the addtional plumbing women can recycle TOO!! :p

*Oh.. chapter 5 is finished for those who like thatsort of thing... :D

12. jedi-ES

Jun 7, 2002
    DB,

But can women help put out forest fires?

13. Mr_Boba_Jango

May 20, 2002
    I'm getting the video camera!

14. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Let me put it this way...

[face_mischief]

[face_devil]

Oh! Mr. BJango (couldn't shorten the nick any more without it looking....... well yes...) feedback/impressions of the corrected chapter 5?

15. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    To steer this thread back on topic, instead of discussing things that should be taken to the social thread, in the Bill Moyers interview, GL said that the force is NOT god. So, anything mysteriously conceived by the force thru the midi-clorians is not divine or half-god.

The god of the SW universe is referred to as "the Maker."

Lady S.

16. Mr_Boba_Jango

May 20, 2002
    You read my mind DB. I'm in the process of PMing you as we speak. :D

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Shakes head at the men in this thread.

I'm getting the video camera!

Please tell me DB's little post doesn't get you all excited. Welcome to the reason I don't camp.

18. The_Abstract

The_Abstract Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    "To steer this thread back on topic, instead of discussing things that should be taken to the social thread, in the Bill Moyers interview, GL said that the force is NOT god. So, anything mysteriously conceived by the force thru the midi-clorians is not divine or half-god.

The god of the SW universe is referred to as "the Maker.""

I was gonna steer clear of the "Methods of Fire Science" course tonight.....

(hoping L.A. might actually burn to the ground...hehe [face_devil] .....j/k anakinplayer :D ) .....

But that little quote intrigued me because it was kinda off-topic. I sense a great contradiction in that post. As far as I know, C-3P0 is the only character in the OT to ever say "Thank the Maker". Everybody else (even skeptic Han Solo) used the all-powerful Force as their method of spiritual interaction. Hence 3P0 is referring to his creator, which would be one Anakin Skywalker.

So, Lady Sami is right. The only god of the Star Wars universe is Anakin Skywalker. He's no pithy half-god or demigod. He's 100% genuine.

Now, Bow before your god!

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/c/anakin/0033.jpg]

[face_laugh]

[face_mischief]

:cool:

19. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Yes master. No not real.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Abstract

.................sorry........... lost my train of thought as I was laying prostrate before the glorious sandy blond god.... [face_love] [face_love]

Yes Master, I'll do anything you ask.

21. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    PLJ,
    When Padme decides to go rescue Obi-Wan, isn't she in the pilot's seat?

Regarding Yoda and his Force boost for the Dooku duel, I think it was cappuccinos because the name goes with the brown Jedi robes:
    American Heritage entry
    Inflected forms: pl. cap·puc·ci·nos
    Espresso coffee mixed or topped with steamed milk or cream.
    ETYMOLOGY: Italian, Capuchin, cappuccino (from the resemblance of its color to the color of the monk's habit). See capuchin.
    WORD HISTORY: The Capuchin order of friars, established after 1525, played an important role in bringing Catholicism back to Reformation Europe. Its Italian name came from the long pointed cowl, or cappuccino, derived from cappuccio, ?hood,? that was worn as part of the order's habit. The French version of cappuccino was capuchin (now capucin), from which came English Capuchin.' 8-}

EDIT: The_Abstract wrote, "now bow before your god."
    Falls_the_Shadow in the best Ewan voice: "I am concerned about The_Abstract. His new icon has made him . . . arrogant."

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ohmigod! It's a post from Falls that made me laugh instead of wanting to plow through a box of kleenex! :eek:

Well to be fair- there actually is only one god.... God Lucas. :p

23. The_Abstract

The_Abstract Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2002

*Walks in with mop and bucket to wipe the drool off the floor, all the while whistling a tune, and waiting for Lady Sami to make her grand re-entrance.*

[:[face_coffee]

24. anakin-player

anakin-player Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2002
    AP - I'm assuming you're referring to the TCP/IP properties under the network config where the IP address can be set? I've been thinking of getting a cable modem for a faster connection but haven't.

Arriss

I was referring to the TCP Window Size that can be adjusted for more efficient use of the badnwidth of an asymmetrical DSL/Cable connection. The value should be set at 32768 or higher if you have a broadband connection because this increases the packet size that will be received. The default setting is around 5870 which is much too low for a broadband connection.

The TcpWindowSize is found using the registry editor. For Windows XP, it is under My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

Cable modem is awesome but you have to tweak the TCP/IP settings in order to get maximum performance to utilize the allocated bandwidth. Windows OS has been designed for dialup and LAN connections, so it is important to adjust the settings. Unfortuantely, many broadband users are unaware that they are not maximizing their bandwidth.

You also might want to adjust the default TTL and Global Max TCP Window Size. Ok, sorry to bore everyone with this technical discussion but now you can understand how boring my job is!

BTW, I recommend Cable instead of DSL. I tried both and cable is far superior to DSL. I won't get into the technical discussion because that would take another 3 pages.

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002

For the ladies....
    1. [image=http://www.cubedspace.com/user/sw_pics/anicop.jpg]

2. For the guys...

3. [image=http://www.cubedspace.com/user/sw_pics/padme1024.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.