main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Symbolism of the scenes between Padme and Anakin

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by SmoovBillyDee, Aug 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Zoiks! Where is everyone today????

2. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    I'm here, just not as chatty today.. work work ..blah blah..one of those days...

3. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I took myself out to lunch today... Very nice! Read the paper, had some yummy fish and a sliver of cheesecake with strawberries.... got my B'd card from Hollywan and laughed myself silly...

Life is good sometimes...

4. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    What's happened to our brilliant crowd?

I know!!
    I'll bait them all saying the words that bring everyone running....

"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JEDI NOOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!"

5. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    What did you say...

no just kiding me i would coem back here more but I just don't have much to say. I feel like the 5th weheel.

6. jedi-ES

jedi-ES Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    DB,

How was the cheesecake today? :D

And did someone say "Jedi Nookie"? ;)

7. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Depends of which cheesecake you mean... the Strawberry Cheesecake I had with Lunch was yummy and the (uncut) cheesecake that I wrote was pretty fun even if I do say so myself... The clipped version of 'touch' is not bad ... just a bit shorter....(The un-edited version of the psuedo nookie sequence has a couple more paragraphs) [face_devil] [face_love]

8. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    anidanami124

I wouldn't worry about not having a lot to say... there are a lot of threads that I just enjoy reading... this one (all sidetrachs aside) has some fantastic insights...

9. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Thanks also check out my story. I PMed you the name.

10. jedi-ES

Jun 7, 2002
    Oh my, 2 meanings for cheesecake! [face_shocked]

Glad the strawberry cheesecake was good. A special kind/brand?

And I am "happy" that your uncut versions are giving such satisfaction. Just for art's sake, I would rather read anyone's originally intended version than an edited version.

With it being slow, it also allows me opportunities to change some of my chapters a bit.

11. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Hey Jedi-ES. Do you happen to have any Fanfic just asking. Because I don't remember.

12. jedi-ES

Jun 7, 2002
    I'm working on one right now, but I tend to be a slow writer. I have a fairly long epic planned out, and once I have the entire first part written, and a version that I am happy with, I will begin posting.

Hopefully within the next month, if I am lucky.

But thanks for asking.

13. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    P-L-J,

Did you and I switch roles? I did the silly posts, like the Yoda cappucino and you do a slideshow of the Sunset at Tatooine?

You really must read the Mythology of AOTC thread: I have a post there about the solar and lunar symbolism, posted within the past week. Fits right in with Joseph Campbell.

Just as I was reading your Tatooine slideshow, I had that track playing, the bittersweet Force theme falling into the doom of the Duel of Fates. Each a reprise, one from Anakin's past, one from his future.
    :_| (Falls_the_Shadow swallows a bottle of Prozac.)

On Tatooine, he becomes the Once and Future Vader. The once because the order of the OT and PT gives the audience near divine omniscience over GFFA, but no power to stop it.

Consider the following: perhaps there is another set of music that could be called the Duel of Fates: the Across the Stars vs. the Imperial March. Padme and Palpatine could not be more opposite and each has a claim on the soul of Anakin Skywalker.

Now we know Padme is going to lose the battle: Anakin will be arm and arm with Palpatine by Ep III. Jedi-ES and other dear hearts, find hope in this: Perhaps from a certain point of view, Padme does win the war. Luke and Leia carry on where she and Anakin fell. In fact, the opening of the Droid Factory echoes Luke and Leia and the retracting bridge: the children overcome the obstacle that the parents did not.

Knowing how good Luke and Leia are, it is difficult to accept that they should not have been. If Anakin obeyed the code, then there would be no twins.

In the AOTC novel and a DVD deleted scene, Obi-Wan specifically raises concerns Anakin's feelings for Padme before his solo mission to Naboo.

"So you have already stated," Mace reminded. "And your concerns were weighed properly, and did not change the decision of the Council. Obi-wan, you must have faith that Anakin will take the right path."

How could Luke and Leia not be the right path?

The ambiguity, the imperfections, the bright hopes, the dark shadows: this is what I love about the PT and this is why the impossible has happened: I love Star Wars even more than before the PT.

14. The_Abstract

The_Abstract Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    Despite Shadow's best efforts, I simply cannot be depressed tonight.

Not only is MJ coming back for one more year with a loaded team (which will win the NBA East).....

#4 Florida State University just lost it's first ever overtime game to unranked Louisville in the driving rain in Kentucky. Boy, life can be sweet sometimes. All they have to do now is face Clemson, Miami, and Notre Dame in the next month. Hehehe.

:D

DB

Now why wouldn't they allow you to post that?

[face_laugh] ;)

That was a lovely chapter...a bit unrealistic IMO. Anakin couldn't be that hurt, could he? What a sweet little boy.

8-}

15. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Hey jedi-ES when you get it up can you PM me. also I have a story called Family of the Empire. check and tell me if you like it out not. it has Vader;Anakin/Padme, Luke/Mara, Han/Leia, and a N.C.

16. jedi-ES

Jun 7, 2002
    Falls,

Maybe I'm building up a resistance to you finally. You didn't give me as much of a bummer with that post.

You got me right in my opinion, but where I am putting the most weight is how and why Anakin falls. We know everything after that, but for me the key is the how and the why. On this all depends.

And hopefully it will be clear that Padme still lives and breathes in Luke and Leia and their eventual triumph is a result of Padme's ultimate faith in Anakin and his destiny and his ability to eventually choose the right path.

And I think that a key to understanding Anakin and Padme's decision to marry and whether it is wrong or not, is not to hold the Jedi and their rules in too high regard. They are clearly making mistakes and really not showing themselves to be that strong.

Abstract,

I agree that DB's version was nice and should been cleared to post instead of an edited version.

And don't worry about Miami - we will take care of FSU nicely.

EDIT:

Anidanami,

Just hang around here, I will clearly advertise it, a la PLJ. I might be able to get it out earlier.

And I will head over and read yours. I try, though, to stay away for the most part from fanfics so that I can stay fresh. But I will read it.

17. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I didn't want to chance things as there is at least one more bout of suggested nookie and I didn't want to risk getting dinged...

And yes our boy CAN get hurt... especially if the Dumb **** falls (at least) 20' odd to the ground...
    :p

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Did you and I switch roles? I did the silly posts, like the Yoda cappucino and you do a slideshow of the Sunset at Tatooine?

Hee hee! :D

You really must read the Mythology of AOTC thread: I have a post there about the solar and lunar symbolism, posted within the past week. Fits right in with Joseph Campbell.

I actually posted early on in there... but the "Five Great Scenes Directed by George Lucas" thread became my other home away from home on these boards. The post you mentioned that I reposted on the last page was actually my first real post there. I developed quite a following over there. :D Check it out if you want to read an my off the wall take on the Cloning factory! :eek:

Just as I was reading your Tatooine slideshow, I had that track playing, the bittersweet Force theme falling into the doom of the Duel of Fates. Each a reprise, one from Anakin's past, one from his future.

Well that was appropriate music. No wonder I got you all weepy and upset! :_|

(Falls_the_Shadow swallows a bottle of Prozac.)

:( Sorry Falls. I guess it's just payback time [face_devil]

Luke and Leia carry on where she and Anakin fell. In fact, the opening of the Droid Factory echoes Luke and Leia and the retracting bridge: the children overcome the obstacle that the parents did not.

Great observation. Me the dumbass didn't even consciously make that PT/OT connection until well into the summer. :p

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Here are the promised Padme photos:

1. [image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/wp/love.jpg]

2. [image=http://www.cubedspace.com/user/sw_pics/agressive.jpg]

3. [image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/wp/padme11.jpg]

4. [image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/wp/reunion.jpg]

20. anakin-player

anakin-player Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2002
    Not only is MJ coming back for one more year with a loaded team (which will win the NBA East).....

Abstract

Who cares if MJ is back because we all know the Lakers are going to crush any team from the Eastern Conference! :D Going for the 4-peat. Did I mention that the Lakers are unstoppable? ;)

As for FSU, they really blew that game. I think Miami will beat them easily. This should make jedi-ES quite content. The FSU v. Notre Dame game will be a bit more interesting. It's a toss up from my perspective.

21. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    THANK YOU PLJ.

[face_love] PADME MY GODDESS [face_love]

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH. :D :D :D

22. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Knowing how good Luke and Leia are, it is difficult to accept that they should not have been. If Anakin obeyed the code, then there would be no twins.

Falls - Thankfully he didn't in this case, they turn out to be his salvation (well, Luke more than Leia anyway).

Hey, I didn't get all weepy from Falls post either :confused:

23. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    andanami - here you are...

[image=http://www.thepsychotic.com/episode2_psychotic_photo_Amidala_NabooMorning1.jpg]

[image=http://www.thepsychotic.com/episode2_psychotic_photo_Amidala_NabooLakeDress1.jpg]

[image=http://www.thepsychotic.com/episode2_psychotic_photo_Amidala_TatooineWhite2.jpg]

Don't want you to keel over [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

24. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    THANK YOU ARRISS.

I LIKE those PICS.

I my not be back for some time.

25. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Sorry, had to add one more.

The mother of all...