main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Symbolism of the scenes between Padme and Anakin

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by SmoovBillyDee, Aug 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediHPDrummer

JediHPDrummer Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    Wow, This thread impresses me. PadmeLeiaJaina, You are the fan of all Star Wars. You said things i didnt even think about, but now that i realize it, your right! And i'm sure lucas intended it those ways, maybe not all your ideas but i'm sure most of them. People think Lucas is Stupid but he's much much smarter than people think he is.

2. jedi-ES

jedi-ES Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Quick post for the new day.

DB,

I would agree that Anakin doesn't go "crazy", but outside of the Tusken Slaughter and the Confession scenes, I think this is the most poignant moment in AOTC for Anakin.

From the moment that Padme falls out till Obi-Wan can "convince" him to do his duty, the fierceness and desperation in Anakin's voice is incredible. And the facial expressions! My god!

"I don't care! I CAN'T LEAVE HER!"

His facial expression is so tense and clearly is so divided that he truly is in pain in those moments. And when Obi-Wan finally brings up Padme's dedication to service, if you remember when he is thinking it over, oh, the complexity in that soul.

But I think that it is an extremely important scene because it shows where his loyalties lie and may foreshadow a future scenario in Ep. III.

Plus it is just a great 30 seconds of film. I absolutely can't get enough of that scene.

3. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    Here, here jedi-ES! I agree! Isn't Hayden's acting as Anakin wonderful? Wait a minute what am I saying? There is no Hayden. Only Anakin. It's cool that I can watch that movie without thinking that he is an actor playing a part.

4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I'll let you in on a little secret jedi-ES... when I'm writing and need to "Find" Anakin and his voice, I call that scene to mind... It sums him up so beautifly...

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    JediHPDrummer

You are the fan of all Star Wars

Oh great, shout out my biggest, geekiest, darkest secret to the world. :p

Thanks for the kind words. In a nutshell... I've spent WAYYYYY too much time thinking about this couple and this movie this summer. Glad everyone is enjoying my madness.

Oh DB ... wanna send in those guys? I need my medicine! ROTFL! [face_laugh]

6. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    DB is thinking of calling them in for herself!! I swear, I almost upped my little lonley story with threats of making it an Obidalla ( :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ) if that's what people want to read!! LOLOLOL *uuuuhhh No.........*

:_| :_| :_|

Sorry.. way too much stress in my life right now... Anakin isn't the only one who suffers from insomnia these days... Brain tends to mis fire...

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Insomnia??? Welcome to my normal state of being. It's why even on work nights you'll find me posting around 1:30am EST. Auurrgghhh!

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    This thread needs an UP!

9. The_Abstract

The_Abstract Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    There's symbolism in Star Wars???

[face_shocked]

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Oh ha ha Abstract. :p

11. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    WOW PLJ - glad you directed me to this thread after the 'other' one began to die out.

Glad to see some others from the old thread found their way here too...

I just love your explanations & insight.

DB - long time no see! :)

12. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    yes.. the evil thread.... *shuddder*

Has anyone heard from IamZam (Aka Holly-wan?) I am getting concerend....

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I haven't heard from Zam. Was she not feeling well?

14. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    She had some buisness to take care of... she's not replied to e-mail as of late and hasn't been on AIM....
    I'll ahve to dig up her phone number....

15. The_Abstract

Jul 16, 2002
    Here's a simple question?

What'd ya'll make of the wedding kiss?

I've been to a few wedddings in my day. I hate to see people macking on each other in a church. So it seemed consistent.

Equal parts love, uncertainty, and alcohol.

16. SlowLearner

SlowLearner Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2002

I thought it conveyed mutual love, respect, reverence. Uncertainty was in there too. It perfectly reflected the solemness of the occasion.

I've been to a few wedddings in my day. I hate to see people macking on each other in a church. So it seemed consistent.

Yeah, I agree. Call me old-fashioned, but I just find it so out of place. Also, I've been to some weddings in which the bride and groom are so shy, they just give each other pecks on the cheek. It's really quite funny.

17. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I thought the wedding was just fine. There is a difference between a passionate kiss, and people macking on each other in a church. I think it was a nice, respectful kiss. Plus, I hate it when people do those lillte pecks of a kiss at their wedding. You just made a commitment to each other (before god and your family)... go ahead and kiss her!

18. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002

I agree with Slowlearner.. love, uncertanty, *sigh*...

The tone was 'tender', I thought... Not an abundance of lust... but definate love... Anakin seemed more at peace in that moment then at any other time in the whole movie...

19. SlowLearner

SlowLearner Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2002
    Oh, yeah! Fellow A/P lovers rejoice. I just read that AOTC is coming to IMAX on Nov. 1!!! Hee, hee...Now my life is complete.

20. The_Abstract

Jul 16, 2002
    Now we can play find the Coke can during the the First Kiss!

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Slowlearner

I'm so psyched! I can only hope that it will come to the IMAX at the museum of science in Boston- that screen is so large- you can't see it all at once. You also watch it laying down. It totally rocks.

However if it doesn't go there- I do have another IMAX theater that just opened and is advertising that they will be showing Apollo 13- so it's a safe bet they will get Clones!! :D :D

Ladies- think - The Meditation scene on the big BIG screen! [face_love]

I know- I'm a mixture of intellectual and drooling fangirl. Oh well.

22. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
  23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    DarthBreezy

Exactly [face_love]

24. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
  25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Sorry all my brain isn't working in super intellectually stimulating mode today. Hence my lovely comments from earlier! :p

It got all icky hot and sticky in New England today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.