main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Symbols - L/M AU Romance - Author's Note 12/19/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Mar 16, 2010.

1. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I want the PM version!! WHAT? There is a PM version, isn't there? ISN'T THERE???? [face_praying]

More after I get home from work. ;)

Loved Mara looking for empirical data. LOL! Poor Landis. And I love Luke's take charge attitude there at the end. Rawr. Excellent update, gal!!

2. LVB

LVB Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2005
    ?You give me any nonsense now, Skywalker, and I will end you."

Love it, so so Mara. The whole encounter with Landis had me giggling, particularly Mara taking note of his closet dalliances. A superb chapter!

3. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] Oh, ginchy! I'm glad I'm not the only one with that immediate reaction! [face_laugh]

RedGold, there's just too much to love in this chapter, from Mara's endearing pragmatism to Luke's desire to always do the right thing even when it's utterly maddening, to the adorable Lieutenant, to the two crazy kids finally throwing caution to the wind and just going with it. [face_love]

Judging from your other fics, I predict that something horrible is going to happen soon. But it's okay. I'm going to be happy for now. :p

4. LoriLynn

LoriLynn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2011
    Did someone say something about a PM version? I want that! Gimme that one!! [face_praying]

Also, it's about kriffing time! I like Mara's logic "You can't go backward, so you might as well go forward." Very nice.

Now let's hope things don't get weird....

5. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Great Post! PM Chapter?... :D

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, RedGold! That is the ticket! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

The L/M goodness only you can deliver! =D= =D= =D=

Magnificent way to gather - data [face_laugh]

Landiss was fit to be tied! [face_laugh]

Hugs!!!!!

7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I am going to Monster.com and apply for a job as an empirical data collector!!!

Awesome! If there is a PM I better get one! I really loved this chapter! PERFECT!!!

8. Darth_Neo

Darth_Neo Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    Love it. I'm glad there is still some place that you can find L/M fan fiction. It's really dropped off.

9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes! Those two crazy kids finally came to their senses.

Now... If there is an PM version... Or if you do decide to write one... I am 18.

10. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Auuuuughhhhh So GOOD!!! And may I say it....FREAKIN' FINALLY!!!!!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

haha, the whole thing was so perfect, the part with Landis (and haha, oh that is SO the way Mara would do it!) was just lovely, and I loved the how he gave her back what she had told him.

And Luke was so sweet to consider her feelings like that, so him! and I loved the ending, of course...and PLEASSEEEE we need some shine!!! =P~ I'm pretty much begging right now!!

Huggles,
    [face_good_luck] Irish

11. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    If you've written a PM version, I'd be fine with seeing it, too... ;)

Lady Jade stood from her chair, a questioning look on her face, ?Would you mind helping me with a hypothesis by providing empirical data??

He nodded respectfully, ?Whatever your ladyship needs.?

Somehow, I don't think he expected her to be gathering data like THIS... (and I learned a new word meaning today: empirical!)

Like a weaker animal suddenly put upon by a much larger, more ferocious creature, he went limp, hoping not to get mauled.

Oh, Landis... [face_laugh]

?shall I send in another officer? A heterosexual one??

Only if, by that, he means Luke!

?would you allow me to regal you with my own hypothesis??

For this context: regale ( and regal )

?I can?t promise you tomorrow,? she said, cupping his face in her hands, fighting back tears, ?but I want tonight.?

His heart fell but he knew that it was the most he could hope from the woman in front of him. ?Then we have tonight.?

It's a start... :D (And we all know it's not going to keep to "just for tonight." Hee!)

Loved this chapter. :)

12. LouQuinn

LouQuinn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 14, 2010
    SQUEE! SQUEE! :* :* This is amazing! I love the fact that Mara resolved her curiosity in a scientific way :p that's just so her :) :)

13. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Great title for a great chapter!

Landis is Teh Awesome.

LOVED the Luke and Mara scene, and her taking charge - her telling Luke that he can't lose her because he doesn't own her was brilliant.

14. mdylopez

mdylopez Jedi Knight

May 8, 2006
    May I also be included in the "PM version" if there's one? Thank you so much. Love this story =)

15. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009

The same question from me. [face_praying]

Amazing chapter!

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Really, Mara, don't you have the slightest idea?...[face_laugh]

Priceless answer! :D I'll remember it.

She really trusts him if she gives in in this case - and that she tells him...

P.S.
    Does it mean that I spent my vacation on Naboo? I like it. :D

16. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    :p <---- All I have to say.

17. JordanCHFel

JordanCHFel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2009
    Oh my kriffing force.....if my day wasn't made already- it is now :)

18. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    YEEEHAWWW! :D

Houston, we have lift off! Great post, RG! These two will save the universe yet!

Bravo! =D=

19. AzuraBlaise

AzuraBlaise Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2011
    With this post, I officially joined the Landis fan club. Poor love, being snogged by his boss...I'm amazed he wasn't more traumatized...

And, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Well, at least this time, it only took a year... :) [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

20. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    ginchy - I swear you have a one track mind girl!!! :p But we lubs you anyway! [:D] Any time you can legitimately use "Rawr" in a comment is a good day... ;)

LVB - I love Landis, he's one of my fav OC's and he doesn't really get a big enough part... hhhmmm... spin off? Lost scene? hhhmmm.... ;)

JediMara77 - I seem to provike that reaction in people? :( [face_plain] o_O :) WHAT DO MEAN SOMETHING HORRIBLE HAS TO HAPPEN!! I CAN WRITE HAPPY STUFF!!! [face_plain] [face_laugh] Ah, who am I kidding? [face_devil]

LoriLynn - PM Chapter? Everyone's making a fuss. [/mal reynolds] :p I do like her logic as well, a lot of times going forward is all you can do, sometimes it's a leap of faith. :) As for getting weird... hey, it's me. [/solo]

StarFighter5 - Yes, the surefire way to bring out the lurkers... ;)[face_laugh]

Jade_eyes - Aww, you spoil me! [face_blush] Tell me more!! [face_batting] [face_beatup]

Jedi_Lover - Why is it that I have no issue imagining you doing that? :p [face_laugh]

Darth_Neo - Glad to have you!! [:D] If you want more L/M stuff you should totally check out my profile and my sock GoldRed... I write a lot of L/M, my favorite pairing. Mind the WIPs though... systamatically DelRey has killed my muses and I have yet to find replacements... :(

Briannakin - They are crazy, aren't they... 8-} ;) Did someone say bonus scene? [face_shhh]

Irish_Jedi_Jade - Landis is the man! :D ;) Begging for a shine huh? What's it work to ya? [face_thinking] o_O [face_mischief] O:)

DaenaBenjen42 - Okay, so you caught regal but missed me writing universer for uniform? [face_thinking] [face_laugh] Glad to help you with broading your vocab! :D ;)

LouQuinn - Can it be done any other way? [face_thinking] [face_mischief] [face_devil]

JadeLotus - I try to make my OC's memorable... ;) and remember that scene, it will come up again later... [face_whistling]

mdylopez - Indeedy my friend! :D Thanks for reading!

Piper057 - Mara can be oblivious if the writer demands it... [face_devil] And yes, you went to Naboo... watch out for falling chunks of Sith! :p

Jedi_QueenBee - Is that directed at me or them? [face_thinking] o_O :p

JodanCHFel - Glad to help! [face_mischief]

Jade_Pilot - We have something alright! ;) :D What makes you think they'll save anything? They will be too busy in the bedroom... wait, that's if Jedi_Lover is writing this story... [face_laugh]

AzuraBlaise - Poor Landis, purely created so I could torture him later... [face_devil] Welcome!! [:D]

21. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Chapter 22 ? Nonsense

Nonsense is a NC-17 rated chapter due to sexual content and therefore is not available for viewing on TFN as per their TOS.

The chapter involves what happens immediately after Chapter 21 and is mostly written for the fun of the reader and also since apparently I'm not allowed to write L/M simply 'fading to black'. :confused:
    If you are under 18 or do not care to read sexually explicit content, do not worry, anything of importance that might occur between L/M will be discussed in the following chapter and you will not lose out on anything important story/plot/character wise.

Those of you who have already expressed an interest in this bonus chapter, it should be in your in-box shortly, hopefully I didn't miss anyone. On some of you I'm taking scouts honor you are over 18.
    If I did miss someone, or you do not wish to ask for the PM publically, or are viewing this at a date in the future, then please head over to SWFF where it is available under the Bonus section in the Adult area.

Feel free to feed the writer, erm, post comments either here or on SWFF if you enjoyed the chapter. No spoilers please. [face_whistling]

Those who want to reply on SWFF and are unable to get their old account working can contact me or ginchy.

As for Chapter 23, I should have it up in a couple of days.

RG @};-

22. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Thank you, RedGold. [:D]

23. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Awesome update! WARNING: Don't read it at work unless you want to be sexually frustrated the entire day. Right now the creepy UPS guy is looking good.

GREATEST PM EVER!! LOL!:D

24. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    YAY!!! YAY!!!!! YAY!!!!! But dang it, I just popped online to look up something quick and now have to wait until tonight to fully read and comment, but what I glanced over looked greaaaaatttt... I'll leave my comment on SWFF tonight!! [:D]

25. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    //fans self

Apologies for missing the previous post! Though, it was awesome to have two very hawt posts indeed to read at one shot. Great lead up to this moment and awesome work on the bonus scene! [face_dancing]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.