Beyond Symbols - L/M AU Romance - Author's Note 12/19/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Mar 16, 2010.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Wow.

At least Mara had the common sense to take the day off.

When the sexual tension goes BOOM, it really goes boom-boom.
  2. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    Great to have you back, lady!! [:D]

What can I say?? That ginchy is a baaaaaaaad influence!!! Making people write all this lovely L/M sexy sweetness. [face_shame_on_you] Tsk, tsk, tsk...

Are you kidding?? YAY!!!! THIS is the chapter I've been waiting for, gal!! For like, three years!! I love, love, love it. I love how Mara is so in her head all the time in your fics. It really takes Luke to bring her out. I love the mind-melds--and your explanation of sex and the Force. I have always liked the idea of L/M's force-bond being unique, an extremely rare and beautiful thing.

I love Mara taking the day off. She deserves it!

And Jade_eyes, I will take that e-cake happily! It's the only kind I can eat on this diet I'm on!! [face_laugh] ;)
  3. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    What a great day. I get a sexy update for Symbols and I got a full refund in the mail for my crappy eye glasses that I couldn't see out of. [face_dancing] And so far my new computer appears to be Callista-free. I wonder if the Eye of Palpatine's mainframe computer had Norton virus protection would that have prevented the Jedi from infecting the system?[face_thinking]
  4. JediMara77 Chosen One

star 4
    *spittake* [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
  5. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm still blaming Ginchy for something I haven't even gotten to yet, so I hear ya. ;)

And for a brief, solitary moment, Luke caught a complete image of what Mara was thinking? ?I feel loved??

Oh to be asked what she asked him at the top, and to get a flash like this...

?My Mara,? she continued, ?I?m not your anything, Skywalker. I?m my own Mara, not yours, not the Empire?s, not my grandfathers??

How many defensive layers does she have, that she misunderstands this? Wow...

?You don?t own me?? her words were quiet, soft, but full of so much weight, ?but I gave of myself freely.?

She's beginning to understand this concept of husband and wife, but her understanding is coming from scratch? That's what it seems like, anyway...

?Don?t stop,? Mara mumbled between kisses, hearing his thoughts of wonder if this was the right thing for them to be doing. ?Don?t stop??

[face_love]

There was a pause, ?Everything??

?Everything,? she repeated. ?I?m taking the day off.?

?But??? the poor boy might have been having a seizure.

If he has this reaction to her taking the day off, she needs to take them more often!

And... the end of this post was what led to my getting descrambled. Love, love how she doesn't understand it, but she wants it and she won't take no (or even let him talk) for an answer. Hee!!!
  6. lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Master

star 1
    Wow. They're really going at it like rabbits! [face_laugh]

Peace,
    Bea
  7. Jade_Pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    WooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! [face_dancing]

Lovin' it!

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! =D=
  8. JadeLotus Chosen One

star 4
    I can understand Mara's confusion - hopefully they'll work it out and she's able to let her emotional barriers down as well.
  9. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    Bad old ginchy went and wrote a 'ginchy-shine' of this chapter--at RedGold's request!! ;) If you're over 18 and like that sort of thing, you can find it over on SWFF (the link is in my siggy) or I can PM it to you. :D
  10. RedGold Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm RedGold and I approve this message. :D

Ans as for new Symbols, should only be a couple more days, been a bit sidetracked with darth real life but don't worry, ginchy will kill me if I don't finish... so it will be done, only a few more chapters to go!
  11. mdylopez Jedi Grand Master

Hi ginchy, may I be PM'd the "shined" chapter? :) Much thanks!
  12. JediMara77 Chosen One

star 4
    I will, too! I [face_love] this fic!

And the ginchy-shine is quite nice, too. ;)

(Also, RedGold, I'm reading "Something I Can't Finish". You are an evil, evil woman!)
  13. the-Naboo-council Jedi Knight

hey ginchy can you send me the PM version of this fic? i promise im over 18
  14. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    Okay, I need an update. What have you been doing with your time? Is it the same excuse? "I work 12 hours a day." Boo Hoo
    Take out your lightsaber and slay Darth Job! Okay that's just a metaphor don't actually stab your boss or you will end up in jail and although that would give you plenty time to write you probably wouldn't have internet access.

Just know I am anxiously waiting for an update.[:D]

15. mdylopez Jedi Grand Master

Hi ginchy, sorry had to reply here -- boards won't let me send you a PM, says I don't have enough posts =( Anyway, no prob about sending me the PM chapter later, much thanks!!! And yes, I'm over 18 -- way over =)
  16. the-Naboo-council Jedi Knight

That was a great chapter ginchy!!!!!! but im still craving another chapter from symbols. soooo new post soon?????
  17. RedGold Force Ghost

star 4
    mdylopez - I hope you got the ginchy shine, if not, let me know. She's awesome! Glad you liked the update! :D

JordanCHFel - Yeah, Palps worked a number over on her... but she has Luke now, so that's always a good thing. :D

JediMara77 - You can have nerf's rear... it's awesome! :D And yes, she hates him so much... for very good reason... mmmuuwwwahahahah [face_devil] Me thinks Mara needs more than just a day off.

Piper057 - I had completely forgotten about that! :D I don't know what that song is though. :( Glad to hear this brings up good memories! :)

Valiowk - Mara is very much limited in her scope on how to deal with these kinds of emotions, good thing she had Luke there to teach her the ropes. :D

LoriLynn - Sometimes you just got to go with it, right? ;)

the-Naboo-council - Thanks!! Sorry for the delay though. Hope it's worth it! :D

Jade_eyes - Mara needs to learn that words have more than one meaning. ;) :D

Darth_Neo - Glad you liked!! :)

Briannakin - LOL, reminds me a B5 qoute.. "maybe not boom now, but boom tomorrow. always boom tomorrow. ... what?" [face_laugh]

ginchy - Yes, you are bad, bad, bad, bad!! [face_devil] Wait... you've been waiting three years? Did I let it set THAT long???? :eek:

Jedi_Lover - Oh, JL... did I ever mention how awesome you are? :D

DaenaBenjen42 - Mara doesn't have a very good foundation to work with... but she's getting there, slowly, with Luke's help. :)

lost_lauries_grapes - Well, you could say they have a lot of pent up... everything that they have to work through. ;) :D

Jade_Pilot - YAY! :D

JadeLotus - That is as long as they get a chance to work on this... the galaxy isn't so kind. :(

JediMara77 - Is this your first time reading it? Yes... I am evil... so wonderfuly evil... /le sigh [face_devil]

Jedi_Lover - I got plenty of good excuses!! I think... 8-}
  18. mdylopez Jedi Grand Master

Hi RedGold, yes, I got the ginchy "shine" chapter =) Thanks! Eagerly awaiting the next chapter from you . . .

Hi ginchy, thanks again for sending =)
  19. RedGold Force Ghost

star 4
    Chapter 24 ? This

After a day of physical exploration and other generally exhausting behavior, Luke and Mara were back to their old schedule. Mara took her meetings, put out fires, the usual, while Luke attempted to do the same. The only change was now the two shared a bed at the end of the night, regardless if any activities occurred.

Mara was a very closed person, always had been and this didn?t change much of that. Outside the doors of their quarters she treated him the same as she always did? or at least she thought so. There was a new softness, perhaps even a kindness, to everything that passed between them. Even seemingly innocent gestures of placing her hand on his shoulder was so out of place it could only lead to a veritable few conclusions.

Jade?s crew may be made of many kinds of individuals, but none of them were stupid.

It hadn?t taken long for the ship to realize what was happening between them and it was freely discussed, though of course not when Mara, Luke or even Gilad was present. The crew was also smart enough to not even let a hint of a rumor get off the ship, no one wanted to be answerable to Lady Jade for that. Most of the crew?s response to the couple was positive or neutral, crewmembers deciding that either Luke was good for Lady Jade or the Lady needed a good kriff and he was as good a man as any.

It also didn?t take long for Luke and Mara to realize that the whole ship knew about them. This came to a head when during a sabbac game Fomor blurted out how he was dying to know the details of Luke and Mara?s relationship. Luke simply told him that it was none of his business and more so the Lady Jade would not appreciate him discussing their personal affairs with crew members. This exchange made it back to Mara who was extremely pleased that Luke thought so.

But he needed to talk to someone, other than Artoo, and his dad was out of the question. As much as he wanted to ask about the mind meld Luke felt entirely too awkward to admit to his father that after everything he had said and done in regards to the concept of ?settling down?? he went and fell in love with Lady Jade of all people.

?And I am sure she loves me too,? Luke sighed over a glass of whiskey, ?she just doesn?t know how to process those emotions yet, but she?s getting there.?

His drinking companion sighed as they sat on crates between two X-Wings, ?Luke, I hate to be the one who says this, but are you sure what you?re feeling? that it?s real and not??

?Barratote syndrome?? Luke suggested and the man shrugged in admission. Barratote syndrome was named by for a lady back in the days of the Old Republic. She had been kidnapped during the commission of a robbery and kept for weeks by the three men who hadn?t figured out what to do with her. Inadvertently she had seen their faces but they couldn?t bring themselves to kill her.

Over the days she was kept by the men she started to take any act of kindness on their part as something more than it was. She began to identify with them and soon found herself a member of the crew, committing crimes right alongside the ones who once kept her locked and chained in a basement for days on end.

When they were finally stopped she pleaded to not be separated from them, everyone trying to figure out what happened. She said she was in love and they loved her back? but they didn?t, they admitted as much. Somehow, in that dark basement, when she realized she couldn?t resist her captivity anymore, she stopped resisting and the only sanity left to her was to become part of what held her down.

?Thought had occurred to me,? Luke sighed, ?but for one, I?ve never been a prisoner. Married, yes, but I didn?t have to stay on this ship, I still don?t, I could leave right now if I wanted to.?

?But you don?t want to,? his friend pointed out.

?No,? he rolled everything over in his mind, ?and yes, Mara has shown me kindness but I never took that as signs of affection, until very recently at least. It was only proof that she?s not th
  20. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    WHAT????????? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :_|

ginchy wants a return to the smut and Force-melds!!!!

And I like how easily the two sides just decide things like this! [face_shame_on_you]

Girl, you know how to end a chapter!! Just... you know... fix this!!! Wait, that's what Anakin and Bel Iblis thought they were doing. :p
  21. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Great update. I am glad to see them acting like a normal married couple buuuuut.....

NNNNNOOOOOOOOO! They can't get a divorce! No! No! No!
  22. JediMara77 Chosen One

star 4
    Loved Luke's talk with Obi-Wan. And Luke and Mara are eating and sleeping together, all the signs of a great marriage.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

That is so...so...cruel!!!

But now they have even more reasons to make the peace work, right? Come on, if Jaina and Jag can do it, so can Luke and Mara!

I'm gonna go sulk now.
  23. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    Now you are just being cruel.[face_shame_on_you] NOOOOO! They can't get a divorce! Anyway, I think that is a personal decision, not one made by governments. But this will make life more difficult for the two. You better not take your sweet time getting the next chapter posted after pulling such a harsh cliffhanger on us!

By the way, excellent chapter!
  24. dm1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Ouch!

I don't think so......

I have a bad feeling about why Mara may not have been privy to this information. She needs to take control of her Empire.
  25. LVB Force Ghost

star 1
    My face is like :eek:

What a way to end a chapter! Obi-Wan's advice was great--poor Luke, that must have been rather embarrassing. Loved it, loved it and looking forward to the next update!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade