main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Symbols - L/M AU Romance - Author's Note 12/19/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Mar 16, 2010.

1. mdylopez

mdylopez Jedi Knight

May 8, 2006
    Whoa! Didn't see that one coming. You write a mean cliff hanger -- which basically means, that was GREAT! =) But do post the next one soon.[face_praying]

2. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    WWWHHHAAATTT???!!! :eek: Talk about arranged marriage (and divorce) indeed! [face_shame_on_you]

Surely Luke and Mara will try their best to salvage the peace agreement now? [face_praying]

Love the way you kept us guessing who Luke's drinking partner was only to reveal it was Obi-Wan Kenobi! :D

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. the-Naboo-council

the-Naboo-council Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2010
    :eek: wow.....i suspected something was wrong when Anakin and the senator came but, that i did not expect at all!

4. LoriLynn

LoriLynn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2011
    I agree!! I say Luke and Mara just say "screw the governments" and stay married. Perhaps they could run away and settle on some nice little, backwater planet? I hear Chiss space is lovely this time of year. ;)

I have faith that you'll work this all out. After all, you wouldn't want to disappoint all us fans would you? [face_praying]

5. Clarizabel

Clarizabel Jedi Knight

Apr 2, 2011
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? NO! NO! NO! They can't get a divorce! [face_shame_on_you] :_|

Waiting for the next chapter anxiously.

6. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009

I don't believe it - it's "la plage de saint tropez" by Army of lovers.)))

I completely agree!It's not only Mara who feels fear and anxiety here! [face_praying]

7. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

PadmeSkywalkerSHM Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 25, 2010
    WHAT?

That's all I have to say.

8. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I did NOT see that coming at all!!!!

Clever, clever RG, twisting the plot like that. I should not be surprised as your writing always keeps the reader guessing. I wonder what Luke will decide to do? You had a little foreshadowing on Mara's part going on...will they run off together? [face_mischief]

Well done! =D=

9. mara_jade_rox

mara_jade_rox Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2007
    AHHHHHHHH!

*mumbles incoherently about unfair authors and how spectacular their fics are to make get so uptight about them*

MJR:mad:

10. JordanCHFel

JordanCHFel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2009
    Um, I think you forgot the next part of the post. Please correct this :)

11. LouQuinn

LouQuinn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 14, 2010
    I WILL NOT POST ANYTHING THAT RESEMBLES AN APPROPRIATE REVIEW UNTIL YOU FIX THIS MESS.

IN OTHER WORDS: NOOOOOOOO!!!!

AND YES, THE CAPITALIZATION IS EXTREMELY NECESSARY

12. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Awww, awkward!Luke

?Is there anything deeper than love?? Luke asked.

Kenobi thought on this, ?The poets would like to think so.?

That is lovely - so Obi-Wan.

But divorce! Methinks Luke and Mara will not be agreeable to this.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :eek: !! Yikes! Didn't see that one coming out of left and right field whew! =D=

I second ginchy's motion about Force melds, etc., etc. [face_mischief]

[:D]

[:D]

14. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I agree, readers stand up and unite! We need to demand an end to this governmental interferance and allow true love to prosper! Less government more hot L/M action!

15. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    WHY DID YOU HAVE TO USE THAT AWFUL "D" WORD AT THE END?????????:mad:

16. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    Divorce?! :eek:

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

That is all.

Peace,
    Bea

17. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I'm still trying to figure out what to say other than the above reviews about both sides being morons and not asking if Luke and Mara THEMSELVES want a divorce... (I have this strong feeling that niether do... ;) )

18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    You are killing me with that cliffhanger! Please update soon!

19. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    ginchy - You and JL!! What am I going to do with you two!?!?!?!? And just how do you think i can fix this? Huh? [face_not_talking] 8-}

Briannakin - Exactly like a normal married couple... bbwwwaaahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

JediMara77 - But... Jaina and Jag dont' exist in this universe... yet at least... :( And even if they did, Jaina doesn't deserve Jag!!! :p

Jedi_Lover - I think now is the time I take a nice... long... vacation... :p ;) :D

dm1 - She's not going to be very happy she got left out... [face_not_talking]

LVB - Be careful, it might freeze that way!!! :(

mdylopez - Evil does equal Greatness! ;) [face_laugh]

Valiowk - They are going to have to sort something out, won't they? Or just call it quits. And as for the drinking partner... too my that long to figure how who he was talking to.. LOL [face_laugh]

the-Naboo-council - dropped that bomb on them... this is me after all... [face_devil]

LoriLynn - That is a pretty good idea... as long as they still want to stay married. [face_whistling] [face_thinking]

Clarizabel - Yes they can, it's so easy to get a divorce now adays! :p :D

Piper057 - Sorry, never heard of them. :(

PadmeSkywalkerSHM - Who? Where? ;)

Jade_Pilot - So glad it surprised you! But methinks you are more clever than you give yourself credit for.

mara_jade_rox - LOL, too kind! :D :) [face_love]

JordanCHFel - You mean the part where L/M decide to split up and go off and meet new people? Get married, settle down... :p [face_whistling] [face_mischief]

LouQuinn - Erm, you realize that was a post? :p

JadeLotus - Obi-Wan is a cool cat. :cool: :D And who knows... Mara might find this the easy way out? [face_whistling]

Jade_eyes - Awe, come on, this is me!! [face_devil] There isn't enough evil in this story actually... [face_whistling]

Jedi_Lover - Your answer to everything is more hot L/M action!!

Jedi_QueenBee - Well, could be worse... could have used another D word... like decapitated... or... ooo... defenistration!! :D ;)

lost_lauries_grapes - LOL! [face_laugh]

DaenaBenjen42 - You know what they say when someone makes an assumption? ;)

20. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Chapter 25 ? The Goal

?In other words,? Bel Ibis added, ?congratulations kids, you?re getting a divorce.?

Luke mentally paused at the word. Divorce. A marriage he never wanted in the first place, but was softly shoved into, would be null and void. No longer would he be at the center of attention. He could return to the Jedi and continue his quest for a better understanding of the force.

He wouldn?t have Mara anymore.

Would she still want him?

The Lady was stock still, a complete mask of emotions, even Luke couldn?t tell what she was thinking or how she would react to the news. He desperately wanted to talk to her but couldn?t in front of everyone. Was she seeing this as an opportunity to get rid of him and not have to deal with figuring out her emotions?

The Imperial shuttle landed, figures descending the ramp as they stood watching in an awkward silence. Grand Admiral Doruk, a large boisterous kind of man, approached them, scowling.

?You told them already?? he huffed.

Bel Ibis simply shrugged, ?Thought about waiting for you, but you took too long.?

Whatever banter, friendly or no, the two were about to engage in was cut short as Mara swiftly called to one of the lieutenants who were waiting in the background to be porters to the guests.

?Gentlemen,? she turned back to the group, ?you?ve had a long travel. Please, freshen up, eat if you must, we will then meet in the main conference room in two hours. Lieutenant Lavits here will help you with anything you need.?

Mara didn?t give them a chance, she turned on her heels and with a long, quick, stride headed towards the exit, never once looking at him or making a gesture. Luke wanted to run after her but was still paralyzed by the thought of what she might say.

?I asked you to let us tell her together,? Doruk turned to the senator, ?as a courtesy.?

?Where was your courtesy on Ryloth?? bel Ibis shot back. ?Perhaps you should have thought of that before excluding her from such important talks??

?Gentlemen,? Anakin gently interposed himself between them. ?What?s done is done. I suggest we take the kind offer while it still stands, hm??

The rival politicians glared at each other but both knew bigger battles were yet to come and backed down. As they turned to the lieutenant and called to the rest of their entourage, Anakin turned his attention towards Luke.

?You seem troubled,? Anakin stood in front of him now, bringing him out of his continually jumbled thoughts. ?It?s all over your face.?

?This? is a turn,? was the safest way he could phrase it. ?One moment I?m forced into a marriage, the next I?m being forced out.?

Anakin raised one brow, ?I thought you?d be pleased.?

?I would be pleased if the governments could make up their minds and stop frelling about,? he snapped, raising his voice much to his annoyance. Frowning, ?Sorry.?

?No, it?s okay,? Anakin nodded slightly, ?it?s a rough time, for all of us. Nothing seems to be going to plan.?

?Yeah,? he shook his head, knowing what he needed to do. ?Excuse me father, I need to speak to Mara.?

?I?m sure you do,? the elder Skywalker said after a moment?s consideration.

Mara was angry, really really angry. Boiling point angry. The kind of angry that makes even a normal person want to rip everything around them to shreds, starting with the pillows and ending with anything in the cooling unit that was water soluble.

Thing is, she wasn?t sure what she was angry at more.

She was excluded from such an important negotiation, again.

She was being told now who she couldn?t be married to.

She was going to have to divorce a man she was? was? who she liked? a lot.

Everything she had been doing was for nothing.

?Mara?? Luke?s voice came softly from the door of her office.

Stopping what she was doing she looked over her shoulder at him. ?Luke.?

?I?? he cleared his voice, moving forward in a light shuffle, ?I don?t want to get a divorce? but if it?s what you want??

?You think I want a d

21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    All I'm saying is if we had more hot L/M ginchy-shine fanfic reading on Wall Street this country wouldn't be in the financial mess it's in!

I LOVE this chapter!!! Luke and Mara together on neutral ground! Fantastic! See, L/M hot action is the answer to everything!

22. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Oh RedGold. That was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEE. [face_love]

I love HBIC Mara, and yes, Luke is so very much Anakin's son. LOVED Anakin's thought that he didn't know if he should be petrified or proud about that. [face_laugh]

And the end...well, that's one way to make a point! LOVE IT! [:D]

23. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I love it!!!!!!!!

I love how Mara just laughed. And now they're going together into neutral space... LOVE IT!!!!

Oh, this update was SO good, gal!!!! =D=

24. LoriLynn

LoriLynn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2011
    Well that's one way to get your point across. And I fully approve!

I do believe the Tion Cluster is an excellent place to raise children as well. [face_whistling]

25. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I approve of the action plan: get to neutral space and start making babies :p

Yep, he was his father?s son alright

Tehehe. Nothing has ever been more true.