main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Symbols - L/M AU Romance - Author's Note 12/19/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009

"How can someone's mere sight offend you?" he questioned.
    "I don't know," she answered sweetly, "but you seem to do it naturally."

Oh, it's so... Mara. [face_laugh]

Wonderful, as always. )))

2. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    There is nothing canon, but this is AU... and as I told divinerose and whateveritis... i got a plot point and it will make sense later.

Am very, very satisfied with that answer. That, and there's a fic in Saga where Palpy has a wife. It's not unheard of for him to have found the time...

"Talk about symbolism again and I am going to rip your symbolic rank bars off your chest and shove them down your not-so-symbolic throat."

[face_laugh]

"Peace is the ultimate goal here," Beddine nodded his agreement. "But would we risk driving Jade to the darkside?"

Doruk simply shrugged, "Skywalker's a Jedi, maybe he can keep her in line?"

Doruk doesn't know her very well, does he?

Good update. :)

3. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Oh I LOVE! LOVE! LOVE this!!!!!!!! Please please update again soon! That is sheer genius, RedGold (though no less than I'd expect from you!) And congrats on finding a new muse...my search came up empty and mine is still in a coma from the same cannon events =) Could you please add me to the PM list?

Huggles,
    [face_good_luck] Irish

4. Goddess_At_Heart

Goddess_At_Heart Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2010
    I Love it! Mara and Luke being forced to marry for politcal reasoning! I laughed when Luke acted like his farmboy-self when he found out about the marrige. Cute moment between Leia and Luke at the end of chapter 1. The little talk with Mara and Pellaeon was very interesting....Never really thought of them as friends, but still a sweet moment.

Well, as sweet a moment can get wih Mara Jade. :p

Can you add me to the PM list, please?

5. Jingocat

Jingocat Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2010
    hehehe, love Mara =)

I do like that Mara and Pellaeon are friends (are close to it)

Thanks for adding me to PM, can't wait for more. =)

Jingocat

6. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Jade_eyes - No one pushes Mara around! Luke better learn that soon! :D And I'm sure the two of them are going to make the best of the situation. ;) :D

divinerose - :) He's going to have a pretty important role later... very much the missing father figure even though she might take awhile to figure that out. :D

PonyTricks - LOL! You're so right!! :p [face_laugh]

FelsGoddess - She's a firecracker! :p :D

lost_lauries_grapes - I know right? A freaking Star Destroyer?!?! I want one!!! :D :p

Piper057 - Mara, doesn't matter how AU it gets... she's always our Mara. ;)

DaenaBenjen42 - I have some really evil plot bunnies regarding Palpy that maybe I'll write one day... [face_devil] and yes, many people are goign to underestimate the unlikely duo... ;)

Irish_Jedi_Jade - Aww... flattery will get you everything! [face_batting] :D My muse is currentl one Kensi Blythe from NCIS:LA... LOL :D PM's it is!

Goddess_At_Heart - Gonna force them together and see what happens, i think they will surprise us. ;) :D And Mara can be sweet... maybe... erm... :p Adding you to the PM list. :D

Jingocat - Yep, a bit of an estranged family thing going on there. :) Will have some interesting consequences later. But all good, promise. :D

7. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Yes RedGold![face_dancing] Please sign me up on your PM list. I love your stories and I too have been very unhappy about the removal of that certain character myself. As many other fans have too I have felt. In fact many of the super stories that were in play and written by some the best L/M authors in my opionion, all of asudden stopped and became unfinished. I understood but it still broke my heart. Nothing can be more upsetting when one is engrossed in a fantastic novel only to find that the last chapter has been removed from the book.[face_frustrated] This is the type of story that I needed to read. Some well written L/M mush has been extremely missed and if anyone can do it it is you!=D=Thanks and can not wait for more.@};-@};-

8. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    I really love this story, you've done it so well, and I really can't wait to read more.

You're characterisations, I also feel, are on target. I think you've also noted the difference in background which changes their behaviour. I noticed that :)

I would love it if you could send me a PM when you update!

9. tahiriveilax

Oct 31, 2008
    EDIT: double post, oops!

10. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    JEDIFLYSWATTER - Flyswatter!! [:D] I really feel bad about not finishing my WIPs, but I think the wounds aren't totally healed yet and if effected everything I was doing at the time... so right now Symbols and Spectre I consider 'therapy' so that one day I might be able to pick up the pieces. :) Until then, I hope you enjoy this L/M mush... cause it will get worse before it gets better, but I know you love it. ;) :D

tahiriveilax - Thank you! I really love putting Luke and Mara off kilter, they have so many variables to their personalities, it's just so much fun to mess with them. :D :p PM's it is! :)

Let's see how the do in their first meeting. Oh, shameless plug for my newest song-fic in my Shuffle: Everything Ends.

Chapter 3 ? Two Different Things

"Thank you, Luke," Mon Mothma took Luke's hand and patted it gently. "I know that this is no small favor you are doing for us."

There was a snort in the general direction of his father, but Luke ignored it. "Peace is what we've been fighting for my whole life, how could I not?"

"Bless you," she said quietly to him and then let his hand slip from hers. "Right now everything is being kept quiet. We want to reveal the whole situation all at once to the galaxy."

"Yes," his mother agreed from where she sat on the lounger, his father pacing behind her, "it will keep the hassle down to a minimum, it's going to be hard enough on the both of them with the amount of public exposure they will have for the first few months."

Thanks for reminding me, Luke thought but had better sense than to speak out loud to his mother. Instead he politely gestured for the Chancellor to take a seat.

Upon arriving at Ithor, they were given accommodations quietly and discreetly. They did not want to explain why Senator Nabberie was at the peace treaty negotiations when she was respectfully asked not to attend due to her connections to the Jedi. The Jedi themselves wished to be present, but the Imperials were adamant that no Force users were allowed, even if that meant barring their own Lady Jade.

Now they would have three Force users, himself, his father, and Jade. Although, it had never been made clear what kind of training Jade had received, and no one had seen her use her Force abilities outside a few separate events. In fact, he wondered if Palapatine had bothered to train her at all.

At least they knew enough that she was not a Sith, or else the Jedi themselves would have gone straight after her rather than bowing to the leadership of the Alliance after Palpatine's sudden death.

"We will need to work out all the details of the treaty," Mon Mothma continued, "as well as the condensed version. There are also the wedding details as well."

"It's bad enough you're making him marry a complete stranger," his father scoffed, "you want him to parade around like a krayt and bantha show too?"

"Ani," his mother warned with a soothing tone, something she was entirely too good at doing. "This wedding needs to be seen as a symbol to the masses. Everything needs to be right to show them that this peace is serious, and also good for both sides."

"Yes," Mothma added, "some will not want to accept that the war will be over, we must make them understand that it is."

His father muttered something under his breath then stalked off to stare out the window that rose above the Ithorian forest.

"The Imperial party will be here within the hour," the Chancellor continued, "I have scheduled a meeting three hours from now so that we can confirm agreement of the settlement and start preparations."

"I understand," Luke tilted his head slightly, though suddenly he was finding it just a bit hard to breath, the situation starting to become all too real. "I would like to mediate before the meeting."

"Of course," she smiled at him, though he thought the smile a bit sad, "you may use the southern atrium, it

11. Goddess_At_Heart

Mar 20, 2010
    That was so cool! =D=

:eek: Luke and Mara had a civilized conversation the first time they met.

Some miracls do happen!

Thanks for the PM.

12. divinerose

divinerose Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 15, 2009
    Ah, so they finally meet. This should be good. I'm glad that their first meeting was quite civil; we don't have to worry about them being at each other's throats just yet. :p

13. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    Well, at least they didn't try to kill one another! That's always a good sign, right? ....right? [face_laugh]

"We have hope," he corrected his father, "the hope for peace, that and happiness are two different things."

Well said, Luke.

Great job!

Peace,
    Bea

14. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    there might even be hope of her not killing him in the first three months for annoying her.[face_laugh] If Mara didn't think, even in jest, about killing Luke, she wouldn't be Mara. :p

she's warm and cuddly [face_laugh] Yeah right.

=D=

15. Wifflesnip

Wifflesnip Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2008
    Aw, I've been hanging out for some L/M mush, it is good to see someone else's muse is on a happier bent, my muse seems to have me spouting one depressing story after another (I've been listening to too much Linkin Park methinks).

Loving the premise and drift of this story so far, nice to see them having a civilised conversation for their first meeting, very non canon and non fan fiction of you...though I get the feeling that the peace will not last ;)

I would love a PM for this story :D

Now I'm off to see if I can find some happier L/M music..oh, look there seems to a songfic posted on the Beyond the Saga board, how about that? ;)

16. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009
    Luke and Mara had a civilized conversation the first time they met.

[face_laugh] I knew that something seemed strange to me.

I love Anakin here. ))

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved their "civilized conversation" ;) Great way to express it and their agreement as well. :D

Loved the description of Luke doing the katas too =P~ It's been a while since I've come across such a delicious detailing. :)

18. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    *blinks in surprise...* Flyswatter! Hi! [:D]

"Peace is what we've been fighting for my whole life, how could I not?"

It's funny... the first thing to cross my mind was "Oh what an adventure he's gonna have." ANd he doesn't even know it yet. (And then there's the part where he'll likely not be complaining much once he sees the lady in question...)

In the paved centre of the atrium he was practicing a kata, his arms and legs fluid as he kicked and punched the air in perfect coordination. She recognized the kata as one similar to what she often found herself performing when in need of a little de-stressing. Perhaps they would have at least one thing in common, if only to keep things slightly interesting.

I love that this is her first impression of him... "slightly interesting", hmm? She don't know the half of it, does she?

First meetings... [face_love] (And, also... [face_laugh] Sanity intact?!? They just might...)

"I thought she was going to be this cold, shrew of a woman."

"And what, she's warm and cuddly?"

What Mara lacks in the warm and cuddly department, she makes up for with loyalty and precision.

Good update. :)

19. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Goddess_At_Heart - Yes, miracles do indeed happen! O:) Now lets see how long that lasts... [face_whistling] [face_devil]

divinerose - First meeting, piece of cake... just wait what happens when they've been stuck together for awhile... then we might see their true colors shine forth! :D [face_whistling]

lost_lauries_grapes - It's a very good sign... sign that the author is saving up all the evilness for later... [face_batting] [face_devil]

FelsGoddess - What is it about Mara that she always wants to kill Luke? [face_love]

Wifflesnip - Love the name btw, not a clue what it means but sounds freaking awesome. :D And thank you for joining us! :D I love mush... esp with angst... all angst and no payoff drives me batty! 8-} So I hope you enjoy what I got planned for these two. ;) While it may seem odd for them to be nice at this stage... I dont' think reality has hit them yet... but it will... hahahahahaahahahahaha [face_devil] I hope you also liked my song-fics!!! :D [face_batting]

Piper057 - Those two not arguing, something wrong right? :p ;) And thanks, I always find it hard to write Anakin! :(

Jade_eyes - It's easy to be civilized for one meeting... let's see how that is once they've been cooped up together for several months.. [face_devil] If you liked that description... just wait... the oncoming angst has to have a very yummy payoff... no? ;)

DaenaBenjen42 - That's Luke... running headlong into things... gotta love him. [face_love] And Mara too... she's going to have a handful with this one! :D You know, one of these days I'm gonna write a Mara 'warm and cuddly' AU fic just for the heck of it... LOL! 8-}

20. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Chapter 4 ? Those Little Details

"The Alliance ruling body will be represented by Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and Bel I'bis, plus five major senators," his mother sat down her datapad, "not that we have no faith in this treaty, but you can understand our reluctance to have so many of our leaders gathered in one place at a time."

"Of course," the High Chancellor Beddine smiled in that way that politicians do, "you can understand that only a portion of our ruling council will be present."

"I would expect nothing less," Padme returned the smile, "I suggest that we finalize the guest list after the announcement is made, that way we can revise it accordingly."

"Yes," the man made a few notes, "very wise, though I think we should keep the amount even. Three council members will be present, myself included, and I will select five appropriate Moff's. And have even numbers of Imperials and Republicans."

"Say, two hundred each side?" the former queen threw out the number, "this does not include family and friends of course."

"I hardly feel that is fair to Lady Jade," Beddine frowned disapprovingly.

"Now you care about what's fair," Jade snorted in response, which did cause Luke to jump slightly as he thought she was paying even less attention to the planning session than he was.

Everything had gone well between the two governments, now all that was left was for them to plan the ceremonies for both the peace treaty and the marriage. His mother had been given the job of planning the wedding ceremony, and she had requested that Luke, Jade, and a representative for the woman be a part of it. He did feel his mother's shock when it was the High Chancellor himself, and not one of the others, though of course she did hide it well.

It made sense though, who else could speak for Jade, it was well known that all her family was dead.

"I have to agree with Chancellor Beddine," Luke interrupted, "I have a rather large extended family, and many friends from the temple and flight training. It would be unfair to Lady Jade."

He was trying to be helpful, but she bristled, "I couldn't care if you invited the whole of Naboo, including the Gungans"

Beddine was the first to respond, "I suggest that immediate family only be invited. As for friends, Luke will need a wedding party, groomsmen. They can be selected by himself, and as a wedding of this size requires at least five groomsmen, that should cover it. He will of course have to choose only five but I'm sure his friends will understand the delicacy of the situation."

"Agreed," his mother made a note on her datapad, "and of course Mara can select her own bridesmaids. Though there is one issue that will need to be addressed... and that if we are going to perform a traditional ceremony, who will be giving the bride away?"

"Myself, of course," Beddine answered and that caused Mara to sit up in her chair.

"Like hell you will," she barked at him and he found it kind of amusing, "you are not giving me away."

"Then who?" the older man tapped his fingers against the table, clearly annoyed at being interrupted. It was one of those well used looks, as if this scene had played out between them one too many times in the past. Luke had been under the impression that Jade and the Council got along quite well.

"Gilad," she answered, and that caused the Chancellor to turn in his seat.

"A captain is hardly sufficient rank for such an important role," Beddine shook his head, "no, pick at least a Moff."

"Gilad," she replied through clenched teeth and Luke was wondering if this is what he had to look forward to.

"Who is Gilad?" his mother asked, her voice soothing and inquisitive.

"Captain of the Chimaera," Mara answered her, though didn't take her eyes off Beddine, "my personal Star Destroyer."

"Sounds like a very good choice," Padme said diplomatically, "you would not want any of your Moff's or other leaders to feel singled out or neglected."

After a moment, Beddine sighed, "Very well, Capt

21. Goddess_At_Heart

Mar 20, 2010
    Luke and Mara, stuck listining to two people bicker about there wedding deitails![face_laugh]

Loved the complement that Padme gave to Mara and how Mara didn't real know how to react.

And how Luke thought about what this marrige was going to bring them both.

I can feel the love beginning to grow. [face_love]

22. tahiriveilax

Oct 31, 2008
    Oh dear! It is going to be a long, slow process of them falling in love!

But I definitely see it [face_love]

Great update!

23. divinerose

divinerose Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 15, 2009
    Mara crinkled her face, "I was hoping to get away with trousers, I don't like dresses."

Ha! Sounds like something I would say. :p

Is the Hapan Rule actually "real," or is it just for this story? If you made it up, good job, 'cause I can see that being an actual Hapan law.

24. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    I could just envision Mara's eyes glazing over listening to hours worth of wedding details... [face_hypnotized]

25. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Wow, Mara sat there for a long time without going off. They got off easy. :p

=D=