main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Symbols - L/M AU Romance - Author's Note 12/19/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Mar 16, 2010.

1. the-Naboo-council

the-Naboo-council Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2010
    Hey redgold can i have the PM chapter to Baring The Chosen? The security system i set up on my computer to for my kids locked me out of the adult site.

2. Darth_Neo

Darth_Neo Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    OT, but is the adult site not working now? I keep trying to get on there to read the excellent ginchy shines but I keep getting an error message.

3. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Hey guys, I haven't forgotten about you, ginchy and ag88 have often reminded me that I've started slacking again and for that I truly apologize cause you are all really awesome. I've gone through some changes again, moved, switched jobs, the usual darth real life stuff and I haven't had the muse to work on Symbols though I get little patches of it here and there. It's almost finished as a story, and I promise I am going to try really hard to to get you a chapter for xmas.

One of the projects taking my time is that I am seriously pursuing getting an original novel published. I know you like my fan fic but I unfortunately don't put nearly as much care into my FF as I do my original works. I also have a second party edit my horrible grammar in my original stuff. A friend of mine talked me into starting a blog and that has helped my focus though I only just started.

If you want to follow my progress or check out my original fiction or even bug me about my fan fic then you're welcome to check out my blog: http://iphibooks.wordpress.com

As for SWFF site, I never held it, only managed it, and so I can't really help with the recent failure. I think jedi_lover is looking into doing something about it.

You are all awesome and I hope you have a great holiday season. :)

4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    All I want for Christmas is
    Bootknocking,
    Bootknocking,
    see the Bootknocking!

Gee, if I could only
    have some bootknocking
    then I could wish you
    "Merry Christmas."

I look forward to seeing a Christmas chapter! And Merry Christmas to you!

5. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    I just discovered this story, but I'm totally hooked! Amazing!

Luke and Mara are a great team and even if they're on different sides of a barricade for a first glance, their beliefs are the same. And I like how you compare those two goverments; there is really no ideal political system, right? Every system has it's weak and strong points, and clinging to only one option can have bad results; vide - the Republic-Empire impas. They are too thick-headed for their own good...

And there's one thing I'd like to know - how did the Imperials solve the problem of Palpatine's death? I mean, you just can't pretend that the man died from a heart attack when there's a gaping hole in his chest. Nobody asked were it came from?

I will be waiting for my Christmas present :D

6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I can't remember what RedGold wrote about the body in this fic, but in the profics Sith usually blow up in a surge of dark side energy. Like C'baoth did in TTT. There is not much for investigators to work with after that. In the movies it seems like some Sith may do this when dying or not.

PS: I am beginning to hate autocorrect. RedGold becomes Red Old. Sith becomes With. Argghhh! Or maybe I just wrote them wrong in this post. I do know autocorrect is driving me crazy on microsoft office and my cell phone email.

7. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

PadmeSkywalkerSHM Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 25, 2010
    With such a long wait I'm hoping this will be a long update/chapter.

Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

8. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Jedi_Lover - If only... :p and somehow.. yeah... I think you might be right! :eek: [face_plain] :oops:

JediMara77 - Wouldn't you be a little 'ut oh' if you realized that Luke was just like his dad? Scary crazy stuff there... :p :D

ginchy - She really was fed up. ;)

LoriLynn - The Tion Cluster? I dunno.. what kind of school district does it have? :p

Briannakin - Why does everyone want them to go out and immediate have babies? [face_thinking]

mara_jade_rox - Yep, gotta fix it... ;) :) need that happy ending... :D

PadmeSkywalkerSHM - Yay!! [face_dancing]

dm1 - The gov really is acting like children... :( maybe this will sort them out? :)

LVB - Mara really does work the 'get frelled' attitude, doesn't she... [face_thinking] :p

Jade_eyes - I love that word!!! jinkeehaw!!! Awesome!!! :D [face_laugh]

the-Naboo-council - Glad you like! I thought maybe more evil was required... [face_thinking]

Piper057 - The goverment really are a bothersome lot... :( and yes, never thought I'd like Anakin either... :p

Jade_Pilot - Awesome!! :D

Phoenix5 - Thanks!! :)

wbsaw - you know.... [face_thinking]

Jedi_Lover - BUT I WANNA BE EVIL!!!! :_|

JordanCHFel - I left something out? [face_worried]

lost_lauries_grapes - that's... one way to deal with the situation... o_O

DaenaBenjen42 - Mara is really good at telling people off... and I think Anakin does need to talk more with Luke but probably needs to be careful what he says... [face_whistling]

CurtisZidaneZiraa - I may have accidently dropped you off the pm list, oops, my bad! :( The timing is pretty close knit, but Luke had a bday after he was asked to marry Mara but before the actual wedding took place. I wouldn't say months, but definately weeks apart.

Valiowk - Oh, they will try... see how good it will do them. ;)

JadeLotus - I know, right? Totally off my game! :( I'll try to be more evil next time. [face_devil]

LoriLynn - High-functioning sociopath... yeah... I can see that... [face_whistling] [face_plain]

Piper057 & Jade_eyes - Oh, she is a horrible influence!! :p :D

ginchy - And I would wack you again!! :p

LouQuinn & Lady_Jedi93 - I never received a petition but that's okay, it's the thought that counts. ;) :D

Jedi_Lover - If you only knew how close you are... [face_whistling] And as I said, my new hobbies include knitting and writing original stuff... that's pretty much it. :(

Jade_eyes - Why do all my readers have their minds in the gutter? [face_thinking] Oh, yeah... hehehehehe

Jedi_Lover - Me? Climb a mountain? Not even for certain jedi masters nekkid... I am waaaaaay to lazy.

ginchy - See, that's more like it... ;)

LouQuinn - Happy (belated) Birthday!!! [face_dancing] @};- Aren't those hot indeed... :D

the-Naboo-council - ginchy said she would write a new shine for this story once I get to a certain part... almost there too... ;) [face_whistling]

Jedi_Lover - Yes, life is all about FF... :p

maramijade - A wild maramijade in her own habitat... oh my! :p ;) :D Great to see you! :D

Malz4JESUS - Thanks! Sorry I had to take a break at this point but the rest should make up for it! :D Hope to see you around more often! ;)

maramijade - LOL! Yay! :D

Jade_eyes - Why are black boxer briefs universally accepted as Luke's underwear choice? :confused:

the-Naboo-council - Sorry took so long. :( I didn't see this at the bottom of the page. :(

Darth_Neo - I have no idea, sorry. Like I said, maybe JL can sort something out. :)

Jedi_Lover - Is there any time you don't want bootknocking? :p

Mondra - Welcome! [:D] :D And I imagine that once some of the high ups when they realized what happened did a nice big cover up

9. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Thank you again for your patience, the story is almost over and I hope to finish it up and get it done. It will be finished, ginchy won?t let me not finish it, she knows where I live, what I drive, and a perfect place to bury the body? [face_worried]

I?m still working hard on my original fiction, you?re welcome to stop by my blog any time http://iphibooks.wordpress.com and I follow me on twitter and the like. I?m not a very interesting person actually but you can always bug me for updates. :p

Well, here you go, hope you enjoy.

@};-

Chapter 26 ? Redundancy

?One point three percent,? Mara said approvingly, entering the living area where Luke and Anakin were sitting.

?One point three?? Luke asked, head turning in her direction.

?The ones who want to leave,? she answered before going to the bar to get herself some Joba juice.

Luke let out a silent sigh of relief, they knew they made a big gamble deciding to leave and they hoped it wasn?t going to backfire on them.

After the delegates were kicked off the ship, Mara sent out a message stating that any who didn?t want to come with them would get their pension and a ride to the nearest Imperial Outpost, no questions asked. Luke was secretly afraid that they would be left with so much of a skeleton crew that they might as well take their personal ships and leave the Star Destroyer behind. He really should have known better.

?That?s a very small contingent of your crew,? Anakin commented.

?It?s mostly the ones who still have families they actually want to see,? she came around and took a seat next to Luke on the sofa. ?We don?t know how long we?re going to be away.?

Most of Mara?s crew was made up of people she had given second chances too, hard cases that only needed someone to believe in them, and this usually meant individuals who did not come from happy home lives. Again, Luke shouldn?t have been surprised, this ship was a family.

?What are you going to do about supplies?? the Jedi Master asked and Luke could not blame his father?s curiosity.

?The Tion Cluster is not a wasteland,? Luke?s wife grinned, ?and I?m rather rich. It all works out.?

?Won?t Beddine have your accounts frozen?? Anakin asked.

?Oh, he can try,? she sipped her drink ruefully.

Luke chuckled, ?Mara is not one to take any chances. Even her redundancies have redundancies.?

Mara glanced over at him and they shared a look between them, one that said that there was one time she did take a chance and there was no redundancy for what was happening between them. They just told the two biggest governments in the galaxy to go kriff themselves, so whatever it was, they pretty much resigned themselves to letting what may be.

?So,? Anakin said into the silence that was only awkward for him. He was happy that his son was happy but the way he went about it almost put his own youthful transgressions to shame. At least Padme was on the same side. ?Have you two made any decisions on what you?ll be doing then??

?Um,? Luke furrowed his brow and Lady Jade?s mouth was slightly gaped. ?Not really.?

Anakin wasn?t terribly surprised, ?You were just going to fly off into the Cluster and take a vacation??

?Something like that,? Jade said, lacking any of the surety normal in her voice.

?You two really don?t know,? he chuckled a little, not terribly surprised.

?Well,? his son cleared his voice, ?it was a bit of a last minute decision. You didn?t exactly give us much of a lead time.?

?True,? Anakin grinned, suddenly wondering just how much trouble he could get himself into. ?So, thinking about kids? What?s the plan there because you know your mother will ask me when I get back.?

Both of them went pale, even Jade. While neither jumped to answer, they also didn?t try to contest his assumption. Dear Force, could it be, that neither had actually thought so far ahead?

Well, it was his son.

Jade cleared her throat, ?Non-issue.?

Luke didn?t correct her, he didn?t say anything actually. His mental shields were tight but Anakin cou

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    RedGold!

An excellent update!

Anakin brings up some great points and I laughed when I realized they hadn't put much thought into their actions if any [face_laugh] ;) but it's still a big fat yay! for them leaving.

I adore that they don't exactly know what their future will be especially in regards to kids: do we want them, what if we do? LOL :p

But I love that they've carved a place in one another's lives and hearts that won't fade.

:cool: line isn't it? Comes from Hazel's viggie series "Fireworks of the Soul." :D

11. LoriLynn

LoriLynn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2011
    Oh so they ARE moving to the Tion Cluster? Good for them! And I hear that the schools in that sector are top notch!

;) So glad you didn't abandon this story! I'll be waiting for some adorable babies--either Skywalker or Solo would be just fine!

12. walker_of_minds

walker_of_minds Jedi Master star 1

Dec 19, 2006
    Delurking to say thanks for the holiday update. This has been fun to follow. I am sick today Christmas day so this provided an uplift to the day.

13. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005

Lil' ole me??? [face_devil]

What a GREAT ending to my Christmas!!! I am going to bed with a smile on my face. Anakin thinks he's so sly with his little digs. LOL And I LOVE the note they wrote to the galaxy explaining their giant Kriff You to the governments. I love how Luke and Mara are settling into their relationship. Excellent update, lady!! Thank you!! [:D]

And totally check out her blog, everyone. It's awesome!!

14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    HA!!! Now I got EVERYTHING I wanted for Christmas! Thank you RedGold for the update. Gotta love Luke and Mara and bootknocking and hopefully some skycrawlers on the way. Most excellent post. You are putting in love scenes and I am writing angst. Something is wrong with this picture. Well, something is wrong with my fic, not yours. I love it! I look forward to seeing what happens next.
    =D= =D= =D= [:D]

15. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Great update! Would write more, but I'm on my phone right now. I can't wait to see what happens next!

16. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yay! An update for Christmas! And a wonderful one at that! Skywalkers... when do the ever think anything through? :p

17. LVB

LVB Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2005
    Yay, Santa was listening! What a lovely update. I loved their polite version of the 'kriff you' teheh. Hope you had a lovely Christmas!

18. the-Naboo-council

the-Naboo-council Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2010
    A wonderful christmas present and a wonderful new post. cant wait to see what happens next (please be babies. please be babies!)[face_praying]

19. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you for this Christmas present, RedGold, and a (belated) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too! :)

Like many other readers, I loved Mara and Luke's polite holovid that really said, "Go sort out your problems yourself!" [face_mischief]

Hm, I wonder if we'll see snippets of that reaction in the next post? [face_thinking] :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    :D Hey!!!! It's an update!!!! And might i add that I <3 IT....

21. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

PadmeSkywalkerSHM Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 25, 2010
    Best Christmas present I got today!!!!!!

Just kidding... It's kinda hard to beat a plasma tv for my room. But it's a pretty close second.

22. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    Yessss, a new chapter!! :D

Luke acting the way he did when Anakin asked him about children was quite surprising for me, but in this story it makes perfect sense. And he's what, only 21, 22 years old? I never thought about children then.

I hope they can find a way to motivate both Empire and NR to finally find peace. And I do wonder how will the Galaxy react when everybody finds out that they truly love each other and it's not just a political marriage...

Can't wait for an update!

23. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    Oooh, very nice! Merry Christmas to you too! Wish you all the best! (and an update in the next month or so? ;) )

24. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Loved the tone of that letter they sent to both their governments... and yay for them moving to the Tion Cluster. :)

25. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Great update! Loved thier open letter - I wonder how many of the general public will follow them out there?