main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Symbols - L/M AU Romance - Author's Note 12/19/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Wifflesnip

Wifflesnip Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2008
    Aw, awkward honeymoon night, so cute. A tour sounds great, they get see each other in action (great for them) and plus they're stuck with each other...alone...in confined spaces...for a while (so, great for us :D).

Great chapter, loved Mara's edgy, unsure personality in this chapter in contrast with Luke's congenial, respectful manner. Sigh, you write them well :).

Woot, the wedding tour next or as pro-fic Han calls it, "the breaking-in time" [face_laugh]

2. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Landis threatening Luke...perfect. [face_laugh]

Great update!

3. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    A journey fic! A journey fic! I love journey fics! [face_love] I can't wait to see how you develop their relationship.

Bravo! =D=

4. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Awkward Turtle!! [face_plain]

Well done, I think - exactly as awkward as a "strangers who just got married - first night" should be! I'm glad you're writing some good AU stuff, I missed reading fan fiction! I've been spending way too much time as a workaholic lately.

5. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Jade_eyes - They need to get comfortable with each other, gain a trust before it can go any further... and it will be an interesting road indeed... ;) [face_batting]

divinerose - Nope, no hug, think it's enough that they aren't trying to tear each other's throat's out. LOL :D :p Indeed, nothing normal about these two...

Raptor517 - Thanks for reading and enjoy! :D

lost_lauries_grapes - The Corporal wasn't exaggerating... Luke better watch his step... [face_whistling] did I mention I am evil? [face_devil]

Irish_Jedi_Jade - Mara is a very strong force in the Empire, stronger than Luke realizes, but he'll learn. ;) :D As for Luke... his strengths lie... elsewere... [face_whistling]

DaenaBenjen42 - Thank you, thank you, please keep extolling my virtues... :p :D [face_batting] Now the fun begins! :p

Goddess_At_Heart - Ladis is great, and he'll be back... [face_whistling] And yeah, L/M can never do anything the easy/right way... LOL

Piper057 - Luke is cute! Mara will figure it out eventually. :p Ten years... no... but close... [face_whistling] [face_devil]

Jedi_QueenBee - Hopefully not kill each other. ;) :D Thanks for reading!!

tahiriveilax - Getting alone for now... let's see how evil I'm feeling... ;) [face_devil]

Wifflesnip - Stuck alone in confined spaces might not be a good idea for these two... eek! [face_worried] Eventually Luke's 'congenial manner' is gonna break something! :( Han is probably way too right about it being "the breaking-in time"... :p

FelsGoddess - Keep an eye on that one, he's wiley. :p ;)

Jade_Pilot - Yep, going on a tour, to find out what I wonder? [face_thinking] ;)

AvenKiel - Workaholic, don't I know it. Got layway'd by work the past two weeks. Gah! Don't they understand they cut into valuable fan fic time?? :p

6. jedi1952

jedi1952 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 15, 2007
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  8. Goddess_At_Heart

Goddess_At_Heart Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2010
    I triple that action! :p

Please! [face_batting]

9. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009
    And again, in the same place it stopped... Unfair...[face_praying]

10. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Padti's taken over my muse, I'll have another chapter of it up soon. Then I will be back on Symbols and Spectre as since that will be the last chapter of Padti's. :D

11. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    My Friend, I am sooo sorry that I have not posted replies to this wonderful story, but personal issues have just kept me away from my computer. My kitty cat who was very important to me had been very ill with liver and gall blatter inflamation since April the 8th. That issue cleared up but due to a sloppy tech trying to start an IV line, my poor little trooper developed gangreen. It spred and her blood became poisened. I had to put her down yesterday and I am very upset and shakey. Please excuse the spelling, the babbling and etc. I do love this story especialy because of the political coldness of others but the sweetness under the layers of L/m Thanks and super job.@};-

12. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    More more more!!! Please please please!!!!

[face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]

Huggles!
    [face_good_luck] Irish

13. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
  14. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    An awkward wedding night indeed. [face_worried] Though, I suspect that all this hounding by the press and the parties responsible for this marriage will actually help bring Luke and Mara closer together - after all, what better way for two people to become closer than to have a common cause (in this case, helping each other as far as possible and possibly giving those meddlesome people a kick in the back at some time)? ;)

Would you please PM me when you update? Thanks! :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. Wifflesnip

Wifflesnip Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2008
    I'm upping this because awesome should always be at the top and I wish for more awesome to occur soon...please :D

16. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    Please, UPDATE!!!!!

17. JediLuminaraUnduli

JediLuminaraUnduli Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2008
    Hi RedGold, I just found this fic and I can tell you that I was absolutely mesmerized. It's such an interesting situation, and I've never read a fic like this before (another Chosen One? [face_hypnotized] )

Could I be on the PM list too? Please and thank you ^^

18. willowbeecat

willowbeecat Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2008
    Very nice idea. And rather well executed. Can't wait to see where you take it.

19. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    I just stumbled on this. It's lovely, enjoyable, and I would love to see more. You've really interpreted the characters' interactions well, and I love the way you've avoided a lot of the cichés of this genre.

Also, being on the PM list would be fabulous.

20. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Sorry about the delay guys, I got prepped for Summer at my job and just got buried in it. But looks like the crush is over so hopefully back to regularly scheduled posting!

Oh, and I came in to find that Symbols had been nominated for three Beyond the Saga Awards!! You guys totally rock!!

Best Alternative Universe- Symbols
    Best Romance ? Symbols
    Best Canon Interpretation, Male ? Luke Skywalker, Symbols

So, without any further ado, Luke finds out some of the many facets of his bride.

Chapter 8 ? Pomp with Circumstance

"You really think it?s wise to go out dressed like that?? Jade gave him a bemused look and he straightened his robes without thinking.

?It?s what Jedi wear,? Luke replied sourly, gesturing to her uniform jacket, ?how is what you?re wearing any different??

She put hands on her hips, ?How about since I hold the rank of Admiral in the Imperial Navy, I?m Imperial royalty, this is an Imperial loyalist planet? oh, and no one likes Jedi.?

If it wasn?t for the fact that her words were spoken less like sarcastic insults and more like the honest truth, he might have gotten angry. ?That last part is surely melodramatic??

?Not really,? she shrugged, ?Jedi make people fell judged, and no one likes that.?

?We do not!? Luke almost grimaced at the pitch of his voice. ?Just because we are the Guardians of Truth and Justice in the galaxy doesn?t mean beings have to feel judged by us.?

She raised both eyebrows and gave him a blank look. ?Seriously??

?I?m not going to hide who I am and the galaxy needs to learn that the Jedi are not a force to be feared, only respected,? he almost sighed the words, ?but maybe I ask for too much too soon.?

?Maybe,? she gave a bit of a smirk which he decided to ignore. Four days they had been together and he already learned that her sense of humor was decidedly satirical and sarcastic. It was best to try not to figure it out and just move on.

?I?ll be right back,? he moved out of the main parlor towards his bedroom.

It was smaller than his room back at the Academy, but at least he didn?t have to share it with anyone, and it was comfortable, so he couldn?t really argue. The sheets were high quality and the mattress too. The furniture stable, not cheap and flimsy. It was almost like living in a hotel room. Especially since it had a feel of temporariness to it.

Opting for a nice tunic and pants, Luke clipped the lightsaber to his belt and headed back into the main living quarters.

?Mara?? he called out as he had expected her to be right there waiting for him, a triumphant grin on her face.

?One sec!? she shouted back from her room. Moments later she immerged, having taken off her formal dress jacket and thrown on what he could only describe as a stylized flak jacket. It had the pockets, zippers and flaps, but the fabric was of a high quality bantha hide and fitted to her size and curves. A patch bearing the Imperial seal was embroidered into the shoulder of the right sleeve.

?You changed?? was all he could think to say.

?Well,? she put her hands on her hips, ?good to see your powers of observation are highly acute, being a Jedi and all.?

?Um,? he scratched the back of his neck. ?Thanks.?

?I didn?t do this for you,? Mara crossed her arms, ?I just didn?t want to look stupid all dressed up with you looking like a peasant.?

He blinked a couple of times, ?A peasant??

She laughed, taking a few steps closer to him till she was barely two hand widths away. ?If you don?t grow a thicker skin, you?ll never make it over here.?

Peering into her green orbs, ?Why do the Imperials have to be so?? Why can?t you just-?

?Be all light and airy?? she rolled her eyes and stepped back. ?You New Republic guys might believe in sacrifice for freedom, but over here, freedom is sacrifice. We work for everything given to us.?

?Says the royalty with her own Star Destroyer,? he smarted back and regretted it as soon as her eyes met his again, a burning flame buried within.

?Trust me,? the

21. divinerose

divinerose Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 15, 2009
    I was so happy to get that PM saying this updated! Welcome back. :D

This marriage definitely isn't going to be run of the mill, huh? I hope that Luke can learn to respect Mara's... power? over the Empire and not be scared.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Mara and Luke on Calamari -- nice!

Mara with Latten -- brilliant!!!!!

Luke's got himself a stunner and a genius political player -- but she also has compassion underneath it all :D :)

Enamored of her -- he'd be ten kinds of fool not to be by now. :* [face_love]

LOL

23. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Wow, go Mara! Take that man down.

Great update!

24. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    ?How about since I hold the rank of Admiral in the Imperial Navy, I?m Imperial royalty, this is an Imperial loyalist planet? oh, and no one likes Jedi.?

That was mean. Funny, but mean. I like it.

?Just because we are the Guardians of Truth and Justice in the galaxy doesn?t mean beings have to feel judged by us.?

Umm, then perhaps drop the pompous 'Guardians of Truth and Justice in the galaxy' Luke? :p

This was the second new side he had seen of his wife, and he couldn?t deny that it scared him because she had done all that without touching the Dark Side? at all.

Mara Jade: Scaring the hell out of beings across the galaxy just by being herself. ;)

A nice set of scenes showing the different parts of Mara's personality. Keep up the good work and if you're keeping a PM list, I would like to be on it.

25. Goddess_At_Heart

Goddess_At_Heart Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2010
    Ahhh, female power! Don't you just love it? [face_mischief]

Latten just seemed like a 'little boy' for some reason. Mara didn't have to 'talk-him-down' too much for him to cower. But still Mara was able to hold her own, and draw a room into silence. Bravo! =D=

:p

Oh Luke, you apparently still have a lot to learn about her don't you. o_O

So happy you're back! [:D]