main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Symbols - L/M AU Romance - Author's Note 12/19/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    i refuse to admit that this fic is dead so I will camp by my computer and wait for the next post!:mad: UPDATE SOON

2. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005

...or I might start to beg openly. Like now. Update please?

3. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Chapter 10 ? Ask me no secrets?

She had a splitting headache, though in truth she?d had worse. It didn?t take much for her to realize she was back in her bedroom, lying above the covers, still dressed in her workout clothes. She was alone, good, she didn?t, couldn?t, face Skywalker at the moment.

She had let the darkness get the better of her, then she let Skywalker get the better of her. That made her weak and vulnerable? something she couldn?t afford.

Feet dropping like lead weights she stood and headed to the refresher. She only went in to wash her face but felt compelled to turn on the shower, temperature just short of scalding. She stayed in long enough for the water to start to run cold, draining the heating tank. It didn?t make her feel any better, her body and psyche exhausted and worn.

Shutting it down she stepped onto the tiled floor, grabbing a towel from the rack on the wall. There was only a small hair towel, she hadn?t restocked from the laundry room and her robe was leaning over the back of her dressing chair if she remembered correctly. Just one more annoyance.

Spouting a few curses she wrapped her hair up in the towel and hit the door release, stepping out swiftly looking for her robe.

?Mar?aaahhh,? Luke?s strangled voice called out from the open doorway. She quickly glanced in his direction seeing him visibly pause before quickly spinning on his heels. ?I am so sorry!? he practically squeaked.

She wanted to be furious, she wanted to scream, but in truth it was her own damn fault for forgetting her robe and leaving the door to her bedroom open. In honesty she was too tired to care.

?Like what you saw?? the words were less than sarcastic, only said because it seemed like the right thing at the time, the perfect cliché.

?I didn?t? uh? see anything,? he was a horrible liar.

Rolling her eyes she snatched the robe from where she left it, slipping it on. ?Why are you here anyway? Come to gloat.?

?Gloat? I would never? why would I?? the Jedi was still stumbling over his words, still not recovered apparently. It was kind of cute, in another time, another life.

Walking up behind him she spun him around and watched as his eyes instantly shot up. ?What do you want??

Luke?s eyes quickly darted down and saw her clothed. He lowered his eyes but didn?t quite look at her. ?I wanted to check up on you.?

?After you put the whammy on me you mean,? she rolled her eyes and turned away, heading for her dresser.

?I didn?t put a whammy on you,? he defended, ?I saw you were trying to leech the darkness from your body, I wanted to help you.?

She wanted to feel mad, she knew she ought to, but true to his word she didn?t seem to have the inclination at the moment. Sure, she was angry at the whole situation but the boiling temperament was gone. She pulled some clothes from the dresser and did the unthinkable? she cried.

It wasn?t massive waterworks, only a couple of escaped teardrops, but it was enough.

?What did you do to me?? she attempted to ask neutrally while rubbing the salty water from her face.

?A Jedi calming and cleansing technique,? he said quietly and she became paranoid that he knew of her tears. ?Only I had to force it on you, if you did it yourself, it wouldn?t hurt. I?m sorry about the pain??

?But you had to stop me,? Mara rolled her eyes and practically stomped over to him. ?Why did you do it??

?I was just trying to help,? again, quiet, calm, like speaking to a skittish animal and she supposed that was accurate enough.

?Sithspawned Jedi,? she growled, pushing him out of the doorway, not harshly but enough to put her point across, she didn?t want him there right now, didn?t want to see him, didn?t want to talk to him, didn?t want his help.

He was a smart guy and backed off without a word, letting the door close between them as she slapped at the controls. Without bothering to change she crawled onto her bed and began to weep.

Luke stood in the middle of the apartment not knowing what to do

4. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    ?Like what you saw?? the words were less than sarcastic, only said because it seemed like the right thing at the time, the perfect cliché.

Also trying to be a gentleman in the face of something very embarrassing for both of them. Ah, Luke! [:D]

And Luke teaching Mara meditation? Love it!!!!

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    An update!! An update!! [face_dancing] I should strong-arm you more often, girl. You know, there is "A Path..." to be working on, too... ;) *ducks* [face_laugh]

Lady, I love it. I love how you've cut right to the heart of who L/M are. How Mara just can't help but like him and find him to be useful. I love how she wants to learn from him, but how she has a lot to teach him as well. I love that they may be 'Symbols' but that they can't be fit into any neat boxes.

I can't wait to see the next chapter (and the chapter after that, and after that, and after that...) I'm addicted to this story, gal!!

=D=

6. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    AN UPDATE!!!! [face_dancing] * Squeals with delight*

I know you have other fic and Darth Real Life to attend to but this post made my day brighter. Thank you RedGold!

7. Piper057

Piper057 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2009

[face_laugh]
    Once a farmboy, always a farmboy. It doesn't matter where he spent his childhood and youth. :D

Huge thanks for an update of this wonderful story - I do hope we'll see more chapters soon...:)

8. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    What a great update. I love the characterization of both Luke and Mara. They are both so true to character even though things in this universe are very different. Loved Luke kissing her to get her to "clear her mind." It's such a reckless, Luke thing to do! And now he's training her, just like the good old days.

I hope you continue to update because I'm really interested in Mara's backstory and what happened to her to make her have those fits of darkness. Unfinished fics make me sad! :p Especially good ones, like this! [:D]

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    This is breath takingly them attracted and snarky and wary but inching closer to -- whatever it is ... their flavor of truce or of friendship is completely different from what it would be with any other pairing.

:* !!

10. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    Woohoo! She's alive! Love it. I love all your stories...

11. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

PadmeSkywalkerSHM Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 25, 2010
    "Like what you saw?? the words were less than sarcastic, only said because it seemed like the right thing at the time, the perfect cliché.

That right there made my day!!!!!

12. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    It's back! YOU'RE back! I so love this story and am thrilled to read an update. That ginchy, you have to watch out for her! [face_laugh]

Woot!!! =D=

13. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    DaenaBenjen42 - I think it was more embarrassing for Luke than Mara, lol, but yes, always the consumate gentleman he is.

ginchy - Hey, one fic at a time girl, I have a lot of work!! :p They have a lot to learn from each other but then you know that already, don't you. ;)

Jedi_QueenBee - Darth Real Life has hit me hard recently, but he's hit harder so I'm going try to get as much of this up as I can before I disappear again. :) Thanks so much for sticking with me!

Piper057 - He'll always be a farmboy, won't he? LOL, got to love that man. :D

JediMara77 - I hadn't even realized the comparison until you brought it up but yeah, Luke training Mara just always 'fits' with them. They tend to foil each other and teach each other in both practical and spiritual ways. They work great together, whatever universe they are in!

Jade_eyes - They are a unique couple and that's why we like them so much. And they are inching towards something... that's for sure...

CurtisZidaneZiraa - I don't Mara off! Oh wait, yes I do... but then I usually bring her back to life! :p Glad you like my stories!!

PadmeSkywalkerSHM - LOL, totally a Luke moment, am I right? ;)

Jade_Pilot - ginchy is one scary lady I tell ya! so much so I had to give her a shout out in the latest update... :p great to see you around girl! :D

14. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    You guys are awesome for sticking with me, you rock! Here is the other half of this "two parter" and I hope to have the next chapter up again soon. Thank you all again!! @};-

p.s. if you no longer want PM's, let me know!

Chapter 11 ? ?and I?ll tell you no lies.

?I dunno,? Luke pulled a hydraulic feed from one of the stabilizers, ?she?s not as bad as I was expecting.?

Artoo let out a few beeps from his perch in the droid pit of Luke?s X-Wing.

?Okay, yeah, I was expecting pretty bad,? he admitted, putting the feed on test as he was pretty sure a gummed line was the reason his left-top s-foil was sticking. He was right, and the little droid beeped as it flushed the coolant. First they would run an acetate formula through to clean it out, hopefully they wouldn?t have to take the whole assembly apart and replace the line.

Footsteps echoed on the polished floors of the small hanger. The Star Destroyer had several bays both large and small, he was given a smaller one as a personal hold for his X-Wing. He could fit six of them in the space, and that?s what they considered small?

He glanced up to see Corporal Landis approaching, the man had become his unofficial liaison with the rest of the ship. If he needed directions or information about protocols, or if someone on the ship needed to tell him something, then they would go through Landis for some reason. It kind of worked out that way after that first meeting.

?Landis,? he greeted the man with a friendly smile.

?Skywalker,? the nav officer nodded. ?We?re about to hit the outer ring of Coruscanti space, Cap? thinks it?s best if we keep your ship docked until we leave again.?

?Makes sense,? he replied after a moment?s thought. With the ReeCee incident still in the news last anyone needed was another unfortunate accident between different sides. He was a confident pilot but still, better safe than sorry. ?Thank you.?

?You gonna need new hydraulics?? the man asked, pointing to the feed.

Luke waited a second to see the readout Artoo fed onto his datapad. ?Doesn?t look like it.?

?That?s good,? the statement was kind of awkward, especially as it followed by a long pause, Landis standing, slightly rocking on his feet.

He glanced up him, ?Something else, Landis??

Landis seemed to think it over before saying, ?Me and some other guys have a standing sabbacc game, one of our regulars pulled a shift and we need a fill in, you interested??

That was, without a doubt, the last thing he expected to come out of the man?s mouth. It was so surprising he failed to cover his confusion and let everything show on his face.

?Listen,? Landis practically ground the word out, ?we know what you did for Jade, what you?ve been doing. We also know you?re hankering for the world?s most boring person trophy. It?s nothing fancy, nothing to write home about, but we thought you might like a night where you don?t sit around meditating.?

Several thoughts ran through his head, one of which being the realization that everyone on the ship knew his business. What happened in the workout room when he forced Mara into a meditative trance was expected to get out, it was a public location, but the rest? How could the crew have found out when he wasn?t even sure if Pellaeon knew? Mara was not the kind of person to spill anything about her personal life, let alone this? Her attitude had changed only marginally since they started, everything slow going, could they have really noticed such a minute change?

But most importantly, was he really that boring?

?Ah, thanks,? he was still a bit confused and troubled by the realization that yeah, he was boring. He briefly considered that this was some kind of joke or scam but everything in the Force confirmed that it was exactly what it appeared to be. ?I appreciate the thought.?

?I?ll send you the details,? Landis turned to leave but then said, ?just don?t go using your Jedi hohocky to cheat.?

Luke laughed before saying, ?Four of my best friends are Corellian, I

15. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Oh, I LOVE drunk Skywalker. I object to the calling Luke boring, though. He's not boring! He's just...calm right now. He needs someone to get him excited. Like a pretty redhead.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you develop their relationship. I like that it's going slow right now. It's more fun that way. :)

I hope the next updates are just as timely! [:D]

16. mara_jade_rox

mara_jade_rox Jedi Master star 2

Jun 18, 2007
    An excellent pair of chapters! I like how close Luke and Mara are getting, even though they don't quite realize it.

MJR:)

17. Clarizabel

Clarizabel Jedi Knight

Apr 2, 2011
    i loved this chapter

18. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    ?Mara Jade: In the Wild: An Anthropological Study.?
    [face_laugh]

and Luke kissed her.
    [face_laugh] Well, that's one way to do it.

I cheat the honest Corellian way
    The only way to do it. [face_mischief]

19. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Another update!! *runs around squeeeing quietly so as to not wake the baby ;)*

You're on a roll, lady!! I love Luke going to play sabaac with the guys and they think Mara's possessed by Palpatine?? LOL! It's nice that her meditations with Luke as showing effect--but I bet there's another way he could help her to unwind... [face_mischief] Ahem.

I always like how you write 'guys night out' scenarios. Reminds me of the one from "The Last Dance" which, you know, needs to be finished... *ducks* :D : D

You love me. :p

20. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

PadmeSkywalkerSHM Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 25, 2010
    If Mara was possessed by Palpatine Luke would be dead already. Luke boring?... Who would have though!:)

21. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    ...odd. Boards are a bit slow just now. (Last time this happened, IGN Maintenance claimed to have gone on a pizza run.)

?I will,? he leaned on the sofa, the ale starting to hit him hard, ?but until you tell me why, I?m only putting a blaster on a plaster wound.?

She raised one eyebrow, ?Don?t you a plaster on a blaster wound??

?Maybe,? his head started to spin and he wasn?t entirely sure which way was up.

Totally, totally is! [face_laugh]

Wonderful update, RedGold. :)

22. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Just another person stopping by to say how awesome this story is. :D

I love Mara and Luke of course, but it was also really cool to see Padme and Anakin as actual parents.

There's too much good stuff here to point it all out, but this line cracked me up:

?Yes I am ma?am.?

Looking forward to more!

23. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    I think Luke only seems boring because he's got a calm demeanor and isn't the type to go out and make friends with everybody he comes across. Unless he's with friends, he tends to be more reserved, and when he's on business, he's on BUSINESS. A little like Padme's character. :) The joys of the introvert.

Don't you dare stop PMing me. :p You're stuck with me to the end.

24. Lady_Jedi93

Lady_Jedi93 Jedi Knight star 4

May 11, 2010
    Aaaaaaaaah! :D [face_dancing] Updates! You have no idea how unbelievably happy I am right now :D
    Scary Mara [face_mischief] The real way to peace, shoot some politicians.
    Loved the game with the guys. And I like how they all look after Mara. :)

Go ahead and take me off the PM list. I will still read the stiry but I don't get on often and might not reply much. Thank you sooo much for updating! [:D]

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Marvelous update. I never would consider luke boring, just laid back and not one to socialize just for the heck of it, not being a wild and crazy guy [face_liarliar]

[face_mischief]

Glad the meditation techniques are helping with Mara's unpredictable moods/spells [face_thinking]

Oh, yes, please keep me on the PM list. :D !!

And these regular updates are set to spoil me. ;)

Hugs!!