main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Sympathy (Chapter Six) [[I'm not dead yet! I...feel...HAPPY!]]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kaoru, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
  2. Kaoru

Kaoru Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2003
    That's right--I'm alive!

( dun dun duuuun ::gasp:: )

Anyway, I'm not dead and i'm in a writing mood tonight...so there might be an update.

Well...not really.
    I'm just here to laugh at all of you for the last page and a half of complete and utter nonsense.

XD
    Hopefully it'll be up tonight or tomorrow (the fic not the laughing. the laughing is now. ooh, that sounded terminator-ish. or something).

3. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Kaoru's alive? :eek: run for the hills everyone! we need to find a new party thread! :eek: :p ;)

hm...getting up at 2 in the afternoon is obviously not good for my sanity...

anyway,

YAY! i'm so glad you're back and with the promise of a postie too :D :cool:

~TJF

4. Kaoru

Kaoru Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2003
    Eh you can party ;) but no trashing the place! ::shakes finger at you::
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    She doesn't know,
    Things will never be the same again,
    She'll always be seventeen...
    That girl has love.
    She kept all the pain inside,
    Now she has got nothing to hide.
    At such a young age,
    She took her own life
    Now she's seeing things that come in
    Our dreams at night...
    She's a dreamer...
    ----Rooney

Now what...

I guess the thought of where to go hadn?t actually occurred to me before then. I couldn?t just keep running. I had to stop, to collect my thoughts, and try desperately to get

how could you lie to me?

her out of my thoughts. But, as expected, the minute the first voice faded away, another?much harsher although probably less frightening?replaced it.

It will hardly be that simple, Darkest Knight. As we speak it?s happening.

?Shut up,? I muttered aloud.

It?s not healthy to talk to yourself.

?Cute.? I grumbled back. ?Very cute. Now just tell me what this is all about.?

It?s about you, of course.

?And you??

One in the same

I sighed. ?Sure. Why not??

You seem much more reasonable.

?I?m far from reasonable.? The edge in my voice startled even me, and it was several seconds before the voice responded with a malicious cackle.

It is not of my concern. She will be dead within the week.

This was, as far as I can recollect, the first time I recognized the voice as my own. It was slightly gruffer, frighteningly similar to my tone only seconds earlier. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. If this thing was a part of me, then I could remove it myself. Having no physical form but my own to go up against, I began the unlikely task of attempting to outwit myself.

?What makes you think she?ll die??

Selfish fool. The words bit at me like a rabid animal. The mind of a seventeen year old girl is not meant to endure what hers has.

?You?re wrong,? I snarled back. I briefly wondered if the thing could see my expression. If it could, it sure as hell wasn?t convincing. Tears stung my eyes and I knew I must have looked like a child throwing a fit. ?She?s strong! She can take it...? My voice trailed off strangely, almost distracted in tone.

Of course you?d think that.

?I know that.? I smirked, feeling triumphant (for all of three seconds).

You?d like to think that, seeing as most of her pain is caused by you...or, rather, by me.

That was all it had to say to crush me. I would have been in significantly less pain if I had been as physically torn to pieces as I was emotionally. ?No...?

You know it to be true.

With those words, I faded into blackness. A time later, which could have been hours, or minutes, or seconds for all I knew, I was bombarded with images.

Twelve year old Jaina Solo, looking lost and scared in the underground of Coruscant, on that horrible day when she happened to run into me...

...A few years later...myself, recording my last message to her before I left for the Shadow Academy, and the tears I hadn?t been there to wipe away...

...Jaina?s eyes, glaring at me behind the glow of our clashing lightsabers...

...the few precious seconds I had held her before I took off yet again...

...promising never to leave her...

I never meant to hurt you...

well you did...

...a vibroblade lying on a stone floor, humming as if having been left on...

...a quickly scribbled note of which I could only read one word...

...goodbye...

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

That's all for now!
    Feel free to jump to conclusions at random, just don't count on EVER being right with this fic.
    EVER!

::grins maniacally and prances out of the thread::

5. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

That was kriffing AMAZING, Kaoru!! Wow... the aaaaaangst... [face_devil] :p You've got such a great handle on Zekk's psyche. I love this! :D

6. Kaoru

Kaoru Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2003
    Thanks :) I think I slipped into dark humor mode a few times in there...eh I have *NO* idea what I'm doing with his fic anyway, so maybe it'll just turn out that way.

::sticks fic in the blender and watches it go 'round and 'round::

Ooooh....shiny!
    O_____O

hehe.
    I'll try to update soon.

7. Rogue_Even

Rogue_Even Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    [face_shocked] Eeeesh! [face_shocked] Wow. Amazing update. Amazing.

You have to write more soon so we know what happens!! [face_shocked]

*huggles poor Zekky* You write him so well!

Great work!!!

8. Kaoru

Kaoru Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2003
    I think the blender exploded (see last post).

Well, those of you hoping for a dark fic are now in deep trouble. Because I'm hyper and I just wrote a really screwy twisty kinda chapter, the relevance of which is debatable.

I have a crazed sense of humor, and I apologize in advance for the handful of times the voice becomes possessed by Eric Idle.

READ ON~~
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    ?You told me
    Everything I wanted to hear.
    But you sold me;
    Now I don?t know how I should feel.
    I should know me,
    And baby, you?d think I?d know better.
    I?m finding my way back to you
    And everything I used to be.
    And waiting is all that I can do
    Until you find your way back to me.?
    ----Michelle Branch

She wouldn?t do that. Would she? ...Of course not. ?What?s that supposed to tell me, huh? Just a bunch of pictures.?

Past and present.

?I can?t change the past. I know I did some stupid things...but it?s all behind me.? I swallowed hard.

Do you speak for yourself, or for her?

?I?ve changed.?

And yet you have left her once more.

I sighed. That was true...but i had done it for her. ?I wasn?t going to let you hurt her.?

If I wasn?t you, I would call you?err, myself?a damned idiot.

?Irony.? I muttered, beginning you comprehend that I was still in blackness. ?Care to explain??

There is one person in this galaxy you trust entirely too much.

?I?ve barely gotten over not trusting anyone.?

Except yourself.

This stopped me for a moment. Did I trust myself? I snorted. ?That doesn?t even make sense.?

Keep in mind who you?re talking to.

?Fair enough.?

When you blindly trust yourself, you blindly obey me, and you are easily swayed into believing yourself without considering the results.

My head?if I had one at that point?spun. ?And who else should I believe??

Certainly not me.

?At least you?re honest.?

You always have been.

I fell silent, attempting to process that one. Giving up quickly, I pushed onward. ?Are you saying I tricked myself??

Close enough. You?ve been dwelling on your past, Dark Knight, and you?ve given me power.

I have no idea what clicked in my mind at that moment, or why it couldn?t have powered up weeks ago, but it struck me without warning. ?If you?re my dark side, why do you keep calling me Dark??

There was a long silence. Fool... Horrifying did not begin to describe the voice. It was strangely similar, in a way, to that of my dark side, but so much more sinister. You should wish your dark side was as powerful as me!

?Posing as me inside my own head.? I mumbled. ?That?s a new trick.? Something within me said I had half-suspected it. Of course the obvious problem presented itself: if that thing wasn?t me, it wouldn?t have any problem killing with killing me. ?You...what are you then??

There was another long pause, and the voice spoke again, reverting to it?s first tone. Easily deceived and a touch slow on the uptake, evidently.

I groaned. ?I never knew I was this annoying.?

I prefer to think of it as clever.

?Well that?s what they told me on the streets.?

Well you?re not on thee streets, and you?re in my territory now.

?Then I shouldn?t have any problem.? There was silence. ?Gotcha.?

How do you know I didn?t get you?

Damn.

This could be a while.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I would like to apologize for the previous fic.
    And I would like to apologize for the previous apology.

9. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I thought it was great, Kaoru!!

If I wasn?t you, I would call you?err, myself?a damned idiot.

Hehe!! That was probably my favorite line in the whole thing.

There was silence. ?Gotcha.?

How do you know I didn?t get you?

Damn.

This could be a while.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Second favorite!

Geez, I'm amazed again. Your characterization of Zekk is perfect, even of his dark side. You're amazing! :D

10. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Sword_Of_The_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 2, 2003
    :eek: I missed two updates! :eek:

Nice posts, you really do a good job writing Zekkie!!!

11. Kaoru

Kaoru Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2003
    Not that anyone remembers me, but here i am.

I'm not dead, nor is this fic...

I just forgot about it >.>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.