main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq ****Symphony Dress Rehearsals!!! ****

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Wook, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Down to -1 week to go!

There will be a rehearsal at Popejoy Hall at the UNM Campus on Tuesday, Sept 20th.

What we know now..*sort of*

As far as we know, there is probably going to be an entrance of some sort with all the troopers and Vader maybe at the beginning of the 2nd act

There is a dance sequence on stage, which we have blocked with Stormie/Sandies/Biker/TIEs and Ms. Fett. Since this is a OT sequence, they don't need clone troopers for this sequence.

Vader will also be making an appearance (during the Luke & Leia theme) at some point during the second half.

Tuesday night at6:30 the orchestra will begin their practice. Since most of our activity won't start until the 2nd half, we will have some time before we need to be onstage around 8 or 8:30 (guestimate)

The troopers who are in the PL Theme that need to practice the moves should bethere by 6:30 or 7pm, giving them a few times to run through the sequence. They can practice in another part of popejoy until they are needed on stage. I can bring the CD player and music if we need it. Let me know ASAP if you can or can't be there!

Even if your not a part of the PL sequence, please show up - preferably in armor! We should be getting direction as well from the conductor as how they want us to enter for Vader's theme etc.

Now - if we need more practice - there is another opportunity on Wed night at the Symphony Store. We can decide Tues night if we've got it or need another run through.

Thanks for hanging in there! I think it'll be pretty awesome when it all comes together...

Will keep you posted.

M

2. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    So what time do I need to be there? Won't be in armor though. Let me know so I can get a couple hours off work.

3. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Between 6:30 and 7, Scott...

4. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    And even if we don't do our "vogue dance" we still need to be there to practice marching - blasting etc.

Does everyone know where Popejoy is? (Just in case.)

5. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Here goes:

Patricia was also concerned about how hoky it would look, but she was just doing as she was asked.

Her idea is still to involve the troopers during the Leia's "dream/flashback" sequence. But no choreographed movement at all. Just marching on to stage, standing behind the risers, still pointing blasters at Leia, then doing a left (or right) face when her dream sequence is over.

I have to let Patricia know before 12:15, so let me know if this is cool with everyone (or most everyone) ASAP.

6. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    That is cool! Thanks brother!!!

7. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Aye! (matey!)

8. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Alright, it's a go. I told Patricia. Today is her last rehearsal with "Leia" so now everyone is on the same page.

You guys REALLY should have said something last night. I'm sorry I wasn't there to speak up.

9. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    I did, she kinda blew it off...

10. StarLeia

StarLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2005
    Do I need to do this?

11. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    They don't need non-Imperials for the performance - but costumes are encouraged for audience members..have you purchased a ticket yet?

the deadline is today if you want to purchase the block they are reserving for our group...

12. StarLeia

StarLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2005
    No. Guess I won't go then

13. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Im not sure if I'm going to this one...its at the Popejoy which is downtown correct?

Thanks

14. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Popejoy is on the UNM campus which isn't downtown, strictly speaking. It's off of Central and ... Yale? It's next to Johnson Gym.

15. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    Oh, ok....I think we should meet at Saggios then for dinner before hand. What do you think?

I hope there is a spot for everyone else....it would be cool to see the whole group out in props.

16. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    There will be a spot for everyone that we created spots for. Anyone else that is able to come and dress in costume, that's cool too. It's a good opportunity to show Albuquerque what kind of Star Wars fans we've got.

17. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Where do we get to park?

18. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    trying to find that out

19. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    There will be a spot for everyone that we created spots for? What does that mean? Dave and I were one of those spots until yesterday evening. Is this only going to be for those that are going on stage? Can someone please let us know. I know Roman and Dave have been busting butt to get ready for this too. The whole thing has now changed in the past 24 hours......I don't mean to sound like a dork, but others new yesterday that Stormtroopers were in and clones weren't.

20. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    just for the "dance" (haha) sequence they only wanted OT troopers..since it is Leia's dream. Sorry it was kind of a waste for you last night - but you got to laugh at our misery, so there was some good in that, huh?

I am pretty sure there is a grand entrance with Vader and all the troopers. I'm not sure where this is at in the show. We should all be there to give the conductor and the production manager a glimpse of what we look like and how we can all work into the show. They may place us strategically around the theater, I don't know. If nothing else, we should be there during the performance in our armor to "work the crowd" so to speak during intermission and after the show. After all it's STAR WARS!

Unfortunately, this is not our show, so we can't tell you for sure until tomorrow what they want us all to do.

21. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    As far as parking, from what Patricia was saying last night, you should be able to park in the parking structure that is right next to Popejoy. If you're on Central, and turn north on the street Frontier is on (Stanford?) straight ahead is a parking structure. You may have to pay for parking, as the symphony can't afford to comp us.

Or - not sure of UNM's parking policies of parking in the lots after hours - you may be able to park in the lots that line Central. Just check the signs and cross fingers you don't get a ticket.

22. Commander_Clem

May 28, 2005
    I'm sorry, I sound like a poop head....I'm sorry. It was fun last night hanging out with you all. The street where Frontier is at is Cornell. I think EP and I are going to get dinner at Saggios if anyone wants to join. Sorry again all, I just feel left out I guess....and I know Yvonne and Jess have offered to take Yvonnes place, but that's not fair to her and to some of us that have worked hard and want to wear our own gear.

Thanks Michelle, I'll be there to support the group, and the group is the most important thing here. I also know that you all don't have all of the answers yet as well.

23. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    yep ... I hear ya. I wish it were otherwise that all could contribute equally. Guess we'll see what they have in store for us tomorrow...maybe a can-can line during the Cantina Scene? ;)

Edit - thanks for clarifying the street name, BTW

24. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    I heard we can go to watch the rehearsal. I'll be there tomorrow since I will miss the show.

25. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Thanks for adressing this Clem, I did get the feeling I was busting butt for no reason. But hopefully we will get the full scope of what will happen tonight at the rehearsal. And thanks for clearing that up a little more wook, see you guys tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.