main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Synthetic Crystals Should Return

Discussion in 'Literature' started by StarWarsFan91, Nov 6, 2017.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I do like the concept of the Sith bleeding crystals.

But it also means that for non-Sith darksiders to do this technique after the Sith are extinct post-RoTJ, it represents continuing to hold onto this sith knowledge and also for casual fans tending to see red = the Sith.

I'm all for darksdiers post-ST to not wield red and the Sith legacy further dying by having that knowledge to bleed lost in time. However because of lack of synthetics, non-Sith darksiders can't get their own unique color, limited to using jedi crystals/sabers or an old red blade if the technique is forgotten.

Future darksiders should not pull a Kylo Ren. Instead stepping out of the shadow of the Sith.

Technological progress could help be the answer to that, leading to a new invention of synthetic crystals for sabers. Unlike jedi crystals, it could be limited to just one color such as orange. In the end, giving a new enemy a color that we haven't seen before in the new canon. Helping to create a unique visual to them.

Do you believe synthetic crystals should be brought back in some form?

2. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    How did the Inquisitors get red crystals for their lightsabers. Did Sheev bleed a bunch of crystals and hand them out? Did he give out a little bit of Sith knowledge to the Inquisitors?? Are they somehow naturally red??? Are they synthetic????

3. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I'd prefer if natural crystals were only used by Jedi and more traditional Sith. Making a crystal would probably be easier than finding one. How many individuals even had access to Ilum and the other planets? I'd say Imperial non-Siths like Inquisitors probably all used artificial crystals.

4. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Since Sith using synethtic crystals is non-canon now, the Inquisitor crystals were bled by someone, probably Palpatine.

A point is made that the Inquisitors are not Sith. It is possible that could lead to Palpatine in not teaching them how to bleed their own, feeling it is a teaching only a sith should know how to do.

5. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Their are synthetic kyber crystals in the Star Wars: Uprising. Perhaps the Inquisitors use red hued synthetic ones. Probably not, because it wouldn't tie into the new lore, but it could be an explanation for why the SIxth Brother's lightsaber exploded and killed him when Ahsoka removed the crystals. Kyber crystals are naturally volatile and synthetic ones probably more so[face_shhh]

6. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    As the comics suggest the inquisitors are all former Jedi so it's likely that they bled their own crystals . As they are not Sith they did not need to do the Sith ritual of procuring someone else's kyber crystal and bleeding that

rumsmuggler likes this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I like the "alive" crystals moreso for dramatic purposes, bleeding the saber which is a neat concept and we saw in the Darth Vader comic (to be fair, the writer said he saw it more as a Force Feedback loop that Vader got stuck in) or the saber "calling" to Rey, which makes sense if the crystal has a connection to the Force. Synthetic crystals are more like "oh you need a red crystal.... uhm...." *blows dust off of big crate and slaps it on the table* "Phew! Here you go!"

8. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Good guys having red lightsaber blades has just never been that important to me.