main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syphon Filter: omega strain, help.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by johnthejedi24, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    I am having a problem with the so-called "magic boxes" that are in some levels, these are the boxes where if you fire off a certain number of rounds, you get a different weapon for the rounds remaining, you also get the corresponding number of guns/weapons, say you fired off 6 rounds to get to 20 which is the M249 SAW, you will get 6 M249 SAWS. Well the problem is forsome reason I can't get the different gun cycler to get me pistol or auxillary weapons, only back weapons, now I have tryed many things such as firing the corresponding number of rounds to get a pistol or auxillary weapon and than I drop the auxillary/pistol weapon I have from the inventory, it doesn't work.

I try it with my pistol/auxillary weapons in the inventory, still does not work. Also if I selected a pistol/auxillary weapon it sometimes won;t let me get anymore weapons. Also for some reason the only magic box that I know of the one near where you begin on the second carthage level is always preset to the FAMAS which is the weapon I used to get the M249 since that weapon has such a large number of rounds which you can use to pick and choose. If I go into that level with some other back weapon it will switch from that back-weapon or the FAMAS but nothing else. I would have to use the FAMAS to get the corresponding weapon than use that to get other stuff.

Also does anybody have the locations for the other magic boxes, I would check my syphon filter strategy guide but I don't think we brought it here to Arizona from Maryland.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.