Syra, NY syracuse? Any fans?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Come on guys I know I am not the only star wars fan in Syracuse.......especially since when I went to Phantom menace it was packed with almost everyone in costume! We need to get some fan club going here.........
    Let me know you guys are out there!
  2. ILoveQA Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I know how you feel we have to start getting organized now because believe it or not SW is like 2 months away
    *gets very excited*
    :-D
    i am thinking of emailing all of those people who posted earlier last year and asking them to sign on the board again...
    ILoveQA
    Mike
    (gureckima@aol.com)
    AIM: Gureckima
  3. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    well, going to get one started here so if we can get a few more responses we can set something up...........are you going to C2?
  4. CowMoo Jedi Master

star 2
    Unfortuneately,I do not live here. I am only here for college. But would be cool to meet a few Star Wars folks in Syracuse, if anyone is willing to give me a ride that is.
  5. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I am hoping to get a few more fans posting here so we can get something started. would be great if we could do that before C2 !!!
    I am assuming you are going to SU?
  6. ILoveQA Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I have not made any plans as of yet.. I was hoping to see what happens here ...
    I will probably see this movie multiple times anyways, so... what are people doing for.... *bum bum bum* OPENING NIGHT :-D????
    I sure as hell will be in the group of people seeing it for the first time:)
    its just a matter of where... I do know that Rome, NY's theater did the midnight showing in 99..(however I had finals that week and had to wait till like a week later...)
    Mike
    ILoveQA
    Aim: Gureckima
    gureckima@aol.com
  7. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    we can all plan to meet for opening night is everyone is up for it........ will be fun ...of course everyone will go in costume... thats a no brainer. ;)
    Anyone here going to C2?

8. LilLadyVader Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hi all! Wow, there's a lot more activity here than the last time I was here! I'm definitely planning on going to the first showing, in Darth Vader costume! I'd love it if I wasn't the only one! Anyone know what theaters are planning a midnight showing, how far ahead they sell tickets, and when we would need to get them? Can you tell I've never been to opening night before?!? I took the day before the movie comes out, the day of, and the day after as vacation days from work, so I can concentrate on enjoying the experience!

I'll try to check in more often these days - good night all! Carrie
  9. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I will call around and let you guys know who is showing what as soon as that information comes available. I think its going to be a fun time! Is anyone here going to celebration 2?
    I still think we should try to gett a fan force here before C2...what does everyone think?
    Does everyone have their costumes? Still working on them?

:)
  10. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    hey lilladyvader... you arent going to be the only one in costume... I will be going as a jedi....uh oh.... got your lightsaber ready? :)
  11. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Ok, there seems to be alot of response here, Syracuse will finally get a fan force going... what days are good for everyone to meet up? It will be fun we can play trivial puruit or catch a flick. Let me know!
    Does everyone have a costume yet?
  12. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......is anybody there?
  13. LilLadyVader Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Any day but Thursday is good for me...and I don't even have a lightsaber yet, even a cheesy plastic one, isn't that sad? :) And no, I'm not going to C2...hoping I can go to C3 in three more years.
  14. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    monday , tuedays and saturdays are great for me. My hubby is building my lightsaber , let me know if you need one. I have a few plastic toy ones here too. If I find some of those around I will grab you one. I say we try to get together before C2.We could shoot for the first monday in april... that will give everyone plenty of time to read the posts. What do you think?
  15. ILoveQA Jedi Youngling

star 1
    cool cool cool
    I am soo looking forward to this now!!!
    May 16th is right in the middle of exam week @ cornell :(
    but thats ok :)
    I am glad to see that we are accomplishing something... the big question remains... where is there going to be the midnight showing????? if we all plan to meet how will be able to know who is who unless we do some kind of name tag thingy... (or meet before hand).... just some thoughts of mine...
    oh one more thing... being that I am a college student I have a very limited budget I was wondering if anyone knew a good place where i can get a cheap jedi costume(i saw one on ebay for $250)=-o
    strawberry... thanx for iming me... i am usually on aim alot... one more question... what is "C2?????"
    and.... meeting might be a little tough for me cus it takes one hr to drive up to syr.. but so long as its like after 7 o clock and a week day u can count on me being there...
    keep chattin
    May the force be with you!
    ILoveQA
    Mike

gureckima@aol.com
  16. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Mike,
    C2 is Star Wars Celebration II which is the 25th anniversary celebration being held in Indianapolis May 3rd.
    In case you havent heard about it you can read up on it here:
    [link=http://www.wizards.com/starwars/celebration.asp?x=celebration_welcome,3&c=celebrationII]Star Warscelebration.com[/link]

As far as the movie premier is concerned, the name tag idea is a good one. Unless we do meet before then.

I was hoping to have us meet the first week in April but not sure if thats going to work or not.
    A great meeting place would be like Borders in Carousel Mall. Let me know everyones thoughts.

Costumes......PM me for some info on those.

Hope everyone reads this post in time. If everyone can post and confirm monday is good for them and times we can get it going!

Talk to everyone soon!
    MTFBWU!!!
    Strawbary

17. ILoveQA Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Strawbary,
    Monday is an alright day for me...
    I have class until 5ish but if I left right from school I could get to syr arround like 6:30ish that is definately the earliest I can get there :)
    I just ordered my jedi costume :)
    now all I need is a lightsaber and a haircut ;)
    well things are looking good
    did we ever decide on where we are meeting?
    or what we will do when we meet?
    keep this going :)
    May the force be with us!
    Mike
    ILoveQA

gureckima@aol.com
  18. LilLadyVader Jedi Youngling

star 1
    So that would be Monday, April 1? Borders is definitely a good location for me...anytime after 5pm works...but could someone do me a favor and email me to confirm if we end up doing it then, in case I don't get back to the board? Thanks! My email is in my profile for here. Thanks! Carrie
  19. ILoveQA Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Sounds good....
    I will be there arround 6:30 ish @ borders in carousel mall and u will know its me cus I will have my "Pod Racer" shirt on :p
    Look forward to putting faces with names...
    C-ya
    The Force will be with you ... Always !
    Mike
    ILoveQA
  20. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Wow, looks like we have a meeting scheduled. Lets plan for 7 so Mike doesnt have to rush.
    We can meet in borders in the cafe'.

We can go over our website and future activities, ideas on how to build the group, and I can bring my star wars trivia pursuit if anyone is up for that?
    May take too long though. Let me know your thoughts!

We have to have 3 meetings before we can be an official chapter, so hope this keeps going!
    See ya then!
    Strawbary
  21. Cdno2q Jedi Youngling

WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!
  22. ILoveQA Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I think Cdno2q6.. is interested in getting in on what is going on with FanForce SYR...
    Strawbary... Liladyvader... I look forward to seein u ladies monday nite ;)
    ILoveQA
    Mike
    gureckima@aol.com
  23. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    ok guys we are up to 4 in this little group.... anymore takers? come on I know there are more than 4 star wars fans in Syracuse.....
    :)

MTFBWY

Strawbary

strawbary@fanforce.net
  24. Schism213 Jedi Youngling

Hey everyone. Just found this board and all this talk about a Syracuse chapter. This all sounds great to me, and if this Sunday is a definate, count me in. FYI, im from Rome, NY and work at the Cinema there. As far as I know, There WILL be a midnight showing of Ep. II. This will be in two theaters. Tickets will most likely go on sale 7-10 days ahead of time. This is all very preliminary however. Looking forward to Meeting everyone. Bill

schism21@twcny.rr.com
    AIM: Schism213
  25. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Bill,
    Check your email, all your information you will need for the meting is there.
    See ya then!
    welcome to the group! Yeh!!!!
    Strawbary

Strawbary@fanforce.net
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.