main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY syracuse? Any fans?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VLAmidala

VLAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2001
    are you guys planning a line for advance tickets? i'm in nyc for school and i'm not sure where i'll be at midnight on may 16 - i'm hoping i can stay here, but if i can't, i'll be upstate. as i recall, there were still some tickets available for midnight showings on the day before the release, so i'm hoping (for my own purposes, at least) that that's true this time too.

2. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Hopefully we can con schism213 into letting us get advance tickets from him for our fan force chapter, ;)
    if not there seems to be enough of us that we may have to take turns in an advance tickets line.. :)
    Drop a post when you know for sure you are coming upstate for the premier we will grab tickets for you as well.
    Strawbary

3. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    awesome. hopefully i can stay here (either by working at commencement so i don't get booted out of my dorm, or by pleading with friends to sleep on their couches), but i'll definitely let you know. :)

4. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    vlamidala - do you come back to Syracuse for the summer or do you stay in NYC all year?

Strawbary

5. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    last year i stayed in nyc for the summer because i was taking class. i can't afford rent ($800/month) this year, so i'll either be in syracuse or working at a summer program in north carolina.

6. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    well, if you are here for the summer you will have to hang out with us. :)
    Strawbary

7. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    of course! :) are you guys all right in syracuse, or is everybody spread out?

8. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    a few of us are in syracuse, there are a couple about 45 minutes from us. not to too bad.

We were up to 5 at the meeting which I was pleased we had that many show. we were expecting 7 so 5 was a good turn out.

Flyers are going out this week as well so hopefully that will generate an interest too.

Just have to work on a website so we can have a "home" on the web. I noticed you major in programming.....any suggestions?

Strawbary

9. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    do you mean in terms of site hosts? i've liked my current host (nexpoint technologies) so far - the package i'm on is $125/year for domain and 500 megs, and they've been pretty reliable. their hosting site is at http://www.ntidesign.com/hosting.php - i'm on the cobalt linux plan. i've also heard good stuff about website source - some of my friends host there and have been happy too.

if you're not looking to set up an account somewhere just yet... once i get some files cleared off of my server, i could probably set up a directory for you. :)

10. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Wow thats nice of you.:)I will have to check out that site.
    Pm me when you have room. I will let you know where we are at on that. :)

I have tinkered with our site and started it on tripod because its free... ;)
    I personally dont like all the pop ups on it. that is the only downside... :(

We all appreciate any help we can get for our group. :)

Talk to you soon.
    Strawbary

11. Squeaky_Ewok

Squeaky_Ewok Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    here

chubbyemu@hotmail.com

12. darth-lemures

darth-lemures Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Hey all!!!!!! I am a Star Wars fan from who has been here for awhile but lost my login and got caught up in life for a bit. I want to join the chapter but need info on meetings and stuff. My e-mail is mrdrvamp@twcny.rr.com. Send me some stuff so I can meet up with you people. :)

13. Webs10

Webs10 Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2002
    I just sent you some info darth-lemures =). Hope it helps.

Webs

14. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey Darth_lemures and squeaky_ewok[\b]

Of course there is room for both of you! the more the merrier!

Lets all shout out a big Salt City Jedi WELCOME!!!!!![\b]

thanks webs for sending the info.
    I hope you guys had a blast at Altered States!

If anyone needs anything let me know I am your local City Rep. I am here to answer any question you have. :)

Strawbary

15. Chang

Chang Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Hi, I live in Oneida, NY and would be interested in any fan clubs in the Syracuse area. My email is lindslp@hotmail.com. Can someone please send me any info. I had planned on seeing the new Star Wars movie here at Oneida's Glenwood Movieplex. They will have a 12:01 AM showing of Star Wars. Let me know if anyone is interested. Tickets are not on sale yet and they couldn't tell me when that would be. If no one is interested I'd love to join some of you in Syracuse.

Thanks

16. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    CHANG
    Come join the gang!

We are currently trying to get into the promo screening they are having wednesday night at 7:30 otherwise we are hoping they will have the midnight showing.

I will send you our calendar shortly.
    We have alot of events going on for the month of May we'd love to have you with us!!!!

Strawbary

17. Chang

Chang Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Thanks Strawbary. It been a long time since I've been a part of a Star Wars fan club. When I went to SUNY Morrisville in 1997 a bunch of us formed a small club and went to the see the special addition of the Star Wars trilogy. It was the most fun I've ever had at the Movies. I remember that something went wrong with the film and they had to give everyone refunds. We wanted to see the movie so bad that we ended up cleaning the theater so we could stay and see the movie for free. I think we were nuts!!

Chang

18. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    nah, you're not nuts, sounds like you fit right in with us! haha

I just sent you over an email.....you should have it shortly

Strawbary

19. kenobi77

kenobi77 Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    im a huge star wars fan, and i live in syracuse, ny...solvay, to be exact...but im at college in potsdam right now, so i'll be at the Thursday 12:01am showing at the Roxy Cinema! 6 bux!! Honestly I didn't even know Syracuse HAD a FanForce. Sweet!

20. JediKnightJeff

JediKnightJeff Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    I would like to join the Salt City Jedi! I live here in Syracuse (Eastwood) And I am a HUGE Star Wars fan (or "Historian" as I like to refer to myself) :cool:. That is so cool there's a club in Syr. How can I join? I will be at Carousel for the Midnight showing. C-ya all there!

21. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    AWESOME! WELCOME jediknightjeff!!!!

I will need your email and I can send you our events calendar.

Basically, come hang out with us at the meetings and you're in!!!!

See ya on Wednesday! You cant miss us! Darth Vader is in our group and a couple of jedi.Look for our name badges too that will help.
    Strawbary

22. JediKnightJeff

JediKnightJeff Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    Only 24 hours left! This is too cool. :D I just Can not wait. Strawbary, I will try to be at the theater as soon as I can. My email address is jst1@twcny.rr.com. Yeah, send me any cool info! Can't wait! Begun the clone wars has!

23. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I would definitely like to join in on the fun. :) I'm originally from Syracuse but I live around Albany right now. I still come back from time to time. For instance, to see SW with my friends and family that still live there. :)

So, how is everyone?

Jae Angel

24. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey there Jae!
    Welcome!!!!
    You are welcome to come join the gang!
    post your email you PM me your email and I can send you a calendar of events for our group.

The more the merrier.
    We need some more chatter on these boards as well.......

Come on guys!
    Dont be shy!
    ;)
    Strawbary
    PS I am updating our mailing list, everyone PM me your email so I can make sure you get the monthly calendar
    Thanks!

25. BeTheFett

BeTheFett Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    So I'm sitting in a theater at Carousel (personally i prefer shoppingotwn, but they don't do midnight showings) and I look down to see this flier for Syracuse Fan Force. Cool I say. Finally people as silly as me. I'm definately interested in joining some kinda of club. Feel free to drop me a line and introduce yourselves.

A little about me...I work for SU as an audio engineer, and facility supervisor. I have a huge collection of Star Wars toys that unfortunately is in storage at the moment. Well, all except my lifesize Don Post Boba Fett statue. My mom got WTVH 5 to do a little story about me right before TPM came out so you might have seen that. I collect most things Fett, and Micor Machines. I have the entire action fleet line, until they come out with new ones, and that's kinda my personal claim to fame so far. Below is a picture of my room, before I packed up, as well as the picutes I took at Celebration2. Anyway, hope to meet some of you soon...
    Scott

http://web.syr.edu/~srcasano/Celebration2
    http://web.syr.edu/~srcasano/myroom.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.