main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Syracuse Comic Expo - Sun May 21st - updated

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I received a call yesterday inviting our group to the Syracuse Comic Expo. Here's the thread on our boards that has all the details. Hopefully some of you folks will be able to attend too.

~Doc_Bev

2. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Did you let them know there was a chapter in syracuse?

Im surpised no one contacted us......

3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I met the promotor at a show in Rochester and gave him my contact info.

When I follow up with him with an attendee list I can mention which folks are from which chapters/groups.

Did you go to his show in Syracuse last year?

~Doc_Bev

4. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    hmmm.. so you are saying you are going to have Rochester host and event in syracuse?

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    No, I don't believe I wrote that.

Star Wars costumers (FanForce, 501st & Rebel Legion) have been invited to an event in Syracuse being hosted by a comic book dealer. I was contacted by the promoter as I had provided my contact information to him at a show in Rochester.

If you have concerns please PM me.

~Doc_Bev

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Looks like according to their website the date for this has changed to May 21st. (Strawbary could you change the title of this thread for me?)

Unfortunately (unless we can change the date for it) we already have an event that day in Rochester. We'll still be able to attend, but will have to leave about 8 people in Rochester for the previous charity event we booked. Are any folks in Syracuse planning on attending this? And if so, be willing to man a FanForce table?

~Doc_Bev

7. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    considering this is in syracuse and we are the host chapter I would say yeh we would be able to have a table there. Can u have the promotor contact me so we can get this going?
    Thanks

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'll send you a PM shortly with the promotor's name and email (I got it off their website).

~Doc_Bev

9. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok Syracuse, does anyone want to suit up for this? its on a sun... no sure if any of that is conflict or not.

Looking for people in costume for charity stuff and also out of costume to help man the table. Please post if you can go and what shift and costume you would be able to help with if any at all :)

thanks!

10. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok Im up'ing this to see who actually wants to attend this......... anyone? :)

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Looks like we have at least 8 coming out from Rochester. Any one from Syracuse attending?

~Doc_Bev

12. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    doesnt appear so... due to the fact that I havent heard from the promotor nor have I been involved in the planning process in our own host city , syracuse will not have a table nor representation there. I may pop in to see a few artist there I met at the pittsburgh show however I will not be there in a working capacity this weekend.
    Goo d luck and have fun

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Sorry to hear that...
    I was assuming we (Garrison Excelsior & SCJ FanForce) were sharing a table, so I didn't realize there was any planning that really needed to be done. The table's there and SCJ is welcome to half of it.

If you have any fliers, etc for SCJ you're more than welcome to add them to the table. If you don't have any fliers ready, is http://www.saltcityjedi.cjb.net/ the appropriate website to direct people to? I'd just like to know where to send people when they ask me about SW FanForce in Syracuse.

~Doc_Bev

14. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    considering Syracuse is the host City it would have been nice to have been included in your responses to the promotor. Especially when you submitted photos for the comicon website.

At any rate I do have quite a few flyers/materials for syracuse you can put out on the table. I will stop by at some point for those to be included. I actually have plans that day so I would have to stop by early... any idea what time they r letting vendors in to set up?

Also that is our current website as outdated as it is, that would be the one to point people to.
    Thanks

Have fun and take lots of pics.

15. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    I am glad to hear that we will have SCJ fliers at the table.

It is unfortuante that no SCJ members are availalble - if there is any type of talk track or information that we should share with folks about SCJ, please be sure to leave that or email/pm it in advance.

I would love to see some new faces join the boards here.

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Unfortunately, I have no idea when they're letting vendors in.
    I didn't foresee myself being able to get there much earlier than 9:30am so I never really looked into it.

~Doc_Bev

17. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I have plans that day or I would sit and help at the table. I am not aware of what hours you guys will be there so its tough to plan my day around that.

Our group has been pretty quiet lately and since everyone is either at school right now or working its really tough to rally the group for a small event.

It would be nice to try to recruit new members for SCJ which we truly need. I hope the flyers can be enough that day :)
    Thanks for offering to put them there.

If I know your hours I may be able to stop by at some point.

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    My current plan is that we'll be there for the entire show (10am-5pm).
    We might start packing up a little earlier than 5pm if it gets slow towards the end.

~Doc_Bev

19. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    do u have anything planned for afterwards?

We should try to do dinner if possible before the trek back.

I will check my plans on sunday. I have a birthday party to attend not sure on the time.

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Nothing specific planned for afterwards, but I was assuming we'd probably eat dinner first before making the drive back.

~Doc_Bev

21. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    well, if you want to try to meet up for dinner afterwards we can. Let me know who would liek to go we can try to get somewhere to hold us all

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    In looking at what's nearby the hotel, I think the Denny's at 103 Elwood Davis Rd sounds like it would be a good bet at just a little over a mile away from the hotel it should be easy to find. Until the end of the event it'll be hard to know how many people are interested in staying versus going back home and at what time exactly we'd be ready for dinner, but at most it would be 12 seats and at the latest we'd be able to make it there by 5:30pm.

~Doc_Bev

23. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    is there anyone in syracuse at all that will be attending this event? I may be going for a few hours in the morning have a party in the afternoon to go to....

I think if you dress up you get in free. Not sure . If nicky can confirm that ...it would be great :)

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I can confirm that those of us (501st, Rebel Legion and FanForce) that will be volunteering to promote the clubs in costumes are admitted for free, but I don't know if all attendees who come to the ticket window wearing a costume are given a free admission.

I do know that ticket info was finally posted:

~Doc_Bev

25. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    thats the assumption I am making those from SCJ that are working can attend in costume for free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.