Roch, NY Syracuse Heroes Expo - October 21st

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev Jedi Knight

star 5
    Just found out the date for the next Syracuse Heroes Expo.
    It will be Sunday October 21st at the same location as last year.

There are supposed to be Star Wars guests again this year!

Stawbary is working on getting a table for Salt City Jedi and has asked if we'd like to support them. If any one is interested in volunteering for table duty - post here or PM Strawbary.

~Doc_Bev
  2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master

star 4
    They have listed Mini Fett AKA DANIEL LOGAN as a guest.

3. Doc_Bev Jedi Knight

star 5
    Yay!!
    He'll be a great guest.

~Doc_Bev
  4. Doc_Bev Jedi Knight

star 5
    Check out www.syracuseheroesexpo.com for new guests and message forums.

~Doc_Bev
  5. nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling

star 1
    count me in on this just will need ride
  6. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    the promotor never responded to my several emails, apprently we will not be having a table there. I just dont understand why he wouldnt respond. *shakes head*
    anyways.....
    Take lots of pics for us! :)
  7. Doc_Bev Jedi Knight

star 5
    It's still a month away, maybe try emailing him again? Or maybe post on the event's forums, I know he's on there semi-regularly. They're at www.syracuseheroesexpo.com

From an 501st perspective, I haven't gotten any emails from him either (since the very first one), but I did get a chance to talk to him briefly at Fan Expo. Maybe he's just really, really slow with emailing?

~Doc_Bev
  8. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Either way at this rate Im pretty much nagging now if I send repeated emails asking the same question.
  9. Doc_Bev Jedi Knight

star 5
    I'm not sure... I guess it would depend on how you've asked and what you've offered in exchange for the table space.

3 new guests have been added at http://www.syracuseheroesexpo.com

~Doc_Bev
  10. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I didnt ask for a free table I asked how we could get one and that you guys were going to be there and we were the local fan group for the area for fanforce.
    again. no response. Its not the first time I have contacted a promotor for a con..... I know how to ask
  11. Doc_Bev Jedi Knight

star 5
    I didn't mean to imply you didn't know how to ask for a table.
    I was trying to ask questions to understand a situation that I'm not privy to so that I could offer help and advise.

~Doc_Bev
  12. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I asked for a table or if their were any space available and we were the SW group for the area and you guys were going and we worked together in the past yadda yadda. That we shared a table last year etc. So its not like he shuold not have responded.
    So I feel like we're just getting the big snub on this one. to be honest
  13. JediXtine Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I just checked the heroes expo website and there was a big section about Garrison Excelsior being there. My offer to donate one of my Official Pix Autographs for a charity raffle still stands if you guys have a table. Let me know, i'll see you there! Hopefully I can piece my Jedi Robe together next week so i'll be ready for the expo:) If not i'll just go without.
  14. JediXtine Jedi Youngling

star 1
    BTW I have the entire full set of C4 pics, I got them for working the convention, I could frame and put some of those up for raffle as well.
  15. Doc_Bev Jedi Knight

star 5
    That would be great! I'm sure they will fetch a nice sum of money for charity.
    Don't spend more than $1 on the frames though. ;)

It'll be good to see you again!

~Doc_Bev
  16. JediXtine Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Cool, i'll plan on bringing one of the autographed photos and i'll pick one or two other nonautographed photos. See you guys next weekend!
  17. Doc_Bev Jedi Knight

star 5
    Our car will be full. I'm not sure who will have room for you.

For those heading out to this from the Rochester area. Many of us are meeting at the BK in Victor near the Thruway at 7:30am tomorrow.

~Doc_Bev
  18. Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hi All.

Great event and as usual you were all fantastic.

I know there is something going on next weekend in Syracuse. Can someone send me details. I might be able to make one of the days.
  19. T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan

star 4
  20. jonny5 Jedi Youngling

Hi people.
    I had a blast in Liverpool with the mouse droid.

Here's a link to pix I took. [link=http://astromechbuilder.com/mechloader/v/jonny5/liverpool/?g2_page=1&g2_navId=x040d0637]SHE '07[/link]

Christine's daughter, Princess "Ju-Leia" is quite a fan of the mouse droid.
    I owe her big time for helping to get Daniel Logan's autograph on my MSE-6's shell.

My camera was set on low resolution for the group shot.
    Could someone send me a better pic?

I can't wait to do it again A.S.A.P.
    Sadly, as I suspected I'm not available next weekend.
    Pity. I'd love to have gotten Peter Mayhew's autograph as well.

jonny5
  21. mrgr8ness Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Wow, the first event I have ever been to. Lots of fun. It was great to meet some of you, at the same time, I missed out on introducing myself to some- the Stormies, Sandtrooper, Dengar, black suit officer, and a few more. Sorry guys, being a first timer I got caught up in the event and lost my manners a little[face_worried] so my introductions didn't make it to everyone. Next time hopefully. It was cool to meet the mandos- Karate Jedi, TreborGahKor, and not sure who the third was- JagVader? Anyways, it was a blast. I had to jet abrupty at the end, my daugher was cutting teeth real bad this weekend and was running a fever, plus the fact she got way over tired, and wouldn't go to sleep with all the activity. She was starting to become a handful, so I wanted to get on the road, and she passed out before I got out of the parking lot. Definantly looking forward to seeing everyone again at future events, I am going to try and get more active again and complete my costume.
  22. Doc_Bev Jedi Knight

star 5
    I'm glad we finally got to meet you mrgr8ness!
    Sorry we didn't have more time to chat. Yes, hopefully next time.
    Maybe in a slightly less hectic area we can all socialize a bit more.

~Doc_Bev
  23. Doc_Bev Jedi Knight

star 5
    Here are the pics from my two cameras...
    http://www.garrisonexcelsior.com/forum/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=42646&g2_navId=x08c840a3

~Doc_Bev
  24. mrgr8ness Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Great pictures! We took some pictures, but unfortuneately, my wife did most of the shooting and the camera was in portrait mode, so almost all the pictures were blurry. Yes, it was a bit hectic, plus being my first event, I was kinda caught in a whirlwind a bit. We will def meet up again for more socialable event, and talk more in depth. I will try to bring the fam. My daughter is only a few months younger than yours, they would have a ball.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.