Syra, NY syracuse heroes expo October 22

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by T_StarFlyer, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
  2. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow! You beat me to it! [face_laugh]

I emailed the promotor (same guy as the Comic Book Expo in May) to let him know that we'd all be interested in coming out again.

~Doc_Bev
  3. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Cool! thanks for the lkink!

I will have to check into this one. A bit busy till the end of the month, but hopefully we can actually attend this one ;)

Does rochester have any plans of going to this one?
    We should probably do a table together :)
  4. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yup, I believe we'll have members of The Rebellion, Garrison Excelsior and Echo Base attending.

~Doc_Bev
  5. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    LOL I hd that window open forever at work trying to respond to it. LOL looks like my question was answered before I could hit reply ;)

Let me know. It will really depend on how much interest we can conjure up from the syracuse clan. I know I can go and try to round up some new faces. I noticed alot of people registered in the forum there are from syracuse. So *fingers crossed* we can get some new members!!! :)
  6. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I know that one of Garrison Excelsior's new recruits who is in Syracuse is planning on attending so that'll be at least one new face!

I cc'd you on the most recent email I sent to the promotor so that you can see what we've discussed so far.

~Doc_Bev
  7. Karate-Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Some of us in Binghamton are interested in coming up.
  8. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4

Awesome to hear!
  9. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Thanks!

I am going to be busy till first week of sept so I will do my best to pop in here and see whats what.
    :) looking forward to it!
  10. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So far there's Strawbary and maybe some from Binghamton. Anyone else thinking of coming out for this?

~Doc_Bev
  11. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I will be putting together a new flyer and trying to update the photo album. Does anyone have any photos they want to upload to yahoo for me to print?

Afte speakin with Darren tonight from Rochester I have decided SCJ will be there to do face painting for charity.
    Anyone coming out?

If anyone has a suggestion for a charity let me know. :)

12. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I have a few kids signed up to help face paint.... any one else coming up? we are working on a new flyer currently, hopefully we can get that done in time :)

I want to put together a charity raffle if possible. So whatever anyone would like to donate would be most helpful :)
  13. -KnightShade- Jedi Knight

star 2
    Anyone catch this:
    http://www.9wsyr.com/entertainment/calendar/story.aspx?content_id=F8F13383-A032-4131-BE49-E5D64242B8E9

14. JeneralJarJar Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ray Park comes to Syracuse the same weekend I'm out of town. Dammit! :p
  15. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Awesome! They posted my press release! [face_dancing]
    I always forget to check. :oops:

EDIT: There's a new link on www.syracuseheoresexpo.com that shows the clip if the promotor Jeff on the channel 9 news (no mention of us, but still cool).

~Doc_Bev
  16. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Ian and charles have confirmed they will be there if we need help. I will be there also. I will not have the banner in time :( I will be bringing flyers and a few props if anyone else would like to bring something (photos,props or anything) to help promote SCJ !!!

I know I have spoken to a few of you but for those I havent yet, there are quite a few people traveling for this event to volunteer for 501st. If anyone has any available crash space for them please post here or in the rochester forums please :)
    Thanks!

Everyone is arriving between 9 am and 9:3o to help set up.
    Free passes were limited and currently unavailable :(
    I believe the admission is 15.00

I hope to still see some of the old SCJ faces there !

See everyone there!
  17. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Im home and wiped out from the day. I hurt my back 3 weeks ago and have been in bed most of the time so to be out today all day standing tuckered my old bones thats for sure! LOL

It was great to see so many people from 501st/rochester come out. There were some from PA too I was glad to see.
    MAde some great contacts today for some upcoming local events.
    Hopefully we will have some new recruits from this. Lots of questions at the table today.... We'll see how it goes :)

It was great to see Ian and Charles there. Always good to see Rochester there!

THanks to everyone who helped out at the table and who costumed. The crowd really seemed to embrace the SW presence there.
    Thanks guys! :)
  18. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks for staying so long at the table Strawbary. I know you didn't initially mean to stay long, but it sure was a big help having you and your daughter manning the table while everyone else was out and about.
    I'm looking forward to the promotor's future shows!
    I'll post as picture link here somnetime later today.

~Doc_Bev
  19. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    It was no problem nicky, I didnt mind talking to people. :)

I am very proud of my daughter, she was a real trooper and was a great help at the table. There were times where we were mobbed and she kept right up handing things out to the kids :)

I had fun, it was good to see everyone and I am keeping my fingers crossed we get at least one new recruit from it! :)

20. DarSolo Force Ghost

star 3
    I tallked with a few people who said they read the FF boards, but have not yet registered or posted, so hopefully now that they met some of us, it will be enough to nudge them into joining in on the discussions. And the Wampa is from Syracuse! [face_hypnotized]
  21. BH-2177 Jedi Padawan

Hello there!

Just wanted to drop a note and say a huge "Thank You" to Garrison Excelsior for inviting members from Carida to attend this event!
    Wendy, Frank, Scooter and myself had a great time meeting, trooping and hangin' with you all! :)
    The event was a success, and the fan turn-out was impressive. Ray Park was fantastic with the fan's, posing for pix, signing and chatting. You could tell he really enjoyed being there, and he stayed right up to the end and beyond! The group shot with all of us together with Ray is a definate 8x10 for my wall!
    Again, thanks guy's! We really appreciate the invite and the fun we had with you all!

Looking forward to many more event's together!!!
  22. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I was quite impressed to see people from Philly making the trek all the way up to little ole syracuse!
    Thanks soooo much for making this event possible! You guys rock and are always welcome back to Sryacuse!!!!

Big hugs and thanks!!!! :)
  23. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    BTW - We made $43 for the Central NY SPCA!

~Doc_Bev
  24. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Wow, very cool!

It seemed like we would have made more considering how busy we were LOL but that day was a blur for me. I cant even tell you how many people I spoke with that day LOL
  25. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've gotten all my pictures uploaded, but I haven't weeded out all the duplicates yet nor are they all rotated.

~Doc_Bev
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.