main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Syrix's Console Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Syrix_Kahl, Jun 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    NeoGeo rocked.

Metal Slug all the way! :D

2. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Matt: Thanx pal!
    Jimmy: If u can bring Spidey then I'll be set :)

pretty please? :D

3. JimmyK

JimmyK Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2002
    OK
    Anthony is it the one with the moving platforms? If so then have fun working it out. It took me AGES!!! It is too hard to explain unless I see it again though. Although the destruction sphere you get is vital to actually FINISH the area and not just get the bonus.

4. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    yeah jimmy moving platforms, i've tried it 5 times now and can't bloody work it out. i think my head will explode.

5. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    I think ROE has been playing FF10, maybe he can help

6. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    dude it is soooooooooo easy ;)

well not really its a tad tricky.

7. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    so biggs whats the go, how do i get passed the moving platforms?

8. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    ok ok i'll post it here
    gimme a few mins.

9. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    go past the first glyph, go left at the second junction, take the sphere (bevelle spher i think) go straight across to the opposite platform but you have to go leftt then turn around to get in there put the sphere in the recess in the wall.

that acivates a walkway on the next level. go down to the next level, turn left turn right at teh second turning and remove the sphere from there. put it in the pedestal, turn right at next junction take the sphere (bevelle) thats in the pedestal abd put it in the recess, a path will open to the side, take the glyph sphere from the pedestal as well and put it in the recess on the new corridor and it'll open up for another sphere, take that one. put the new sphere in the pedestal, also retrieve teh bevelle sphere and put it back in the pedestal.

go back to where you got the glyph sphere and and put the destruction sphere there. that opens another pathway , but retrieve another bevelle sphre before you go down that corridor. (theres another bevelle shpere on hte lower level). go back to the newly opened corridor , middle level right, then right. :)

theres a platform in the way jsut push it aside. thats how oyu get past the moving wlkways.

if that doesnt help or you dont understand it egt the strategy guide ;)
    or pm me.

and thats how its done, took me forever to work it out.

10. JimmyK

JimmyK Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2002
    I'll bring my memory card. I unlocked the green goblin :)

11. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    The Xbox version of spiderman has Kraven, the PS2 version of spidey has no extra's
    the GC version has an unlockable playable character of Stan "the man" Lee.

Biggs thanks for the help, i won't be able to play until saturday evening.
    Biggs that monkey ball game on GC is the highest rated game released so far, is it really that good? its been given an average score of 9.3
    I have to wait until October for Wrestlemania x8 :(

12. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Okay, so, as most of you all know, I convinced myself to buy Super Smash Brothers Melee. It's a darn cool game. If you liked the first one, then you'll really, really, reall like this one.

It's got more characters, more moves, more items, more bonuses. It's harder. It's got a large number of "trophies" to collect (I think it's somewhere in the realm of 200). It's got some nice side games (It was good to see slavey crushed by the Cruel Melee Match). And not only does it continue the fun of being able to beat up on 3 of your mates with your favourite (for some) Nintendo characters, but it takes it a step further with the Tournament mode for up to 64 players.

Anyway, it's really one of those games either you love it, or you don't. I love it. It's one of those "party games". SSB was the game you played (well, at least for me and my friends) when you got sick of shooting each other in GoldenEye (or later, in Perfect Dark). If what I hear is true, Time Splitters 2 is gearing up to be the "GoldenEye" for the GC. In the mean time, we've got a great All-Star Battle to keep us occupied.

Anyway, what "good, possibly great" games are there out there now, or coming soon?

I've heard good stuff about Pikmin and Super Monkey Ball. SMB must be good, since they're making a sequel (what can I say, it's SEGA :D) I'm tempted to get =one, or both, if they're really that great. The good thing about SBM is that it's got multiplayer games. Now I've never bought a "Puzzle" game for ... well, for any console, I think. Plenty of RPG's though (which can have a lot of puzzle elements in them. Final Fantasy and Legend of Zelda games). And from what I've read/heard, Pikmin could be relatively similar (at some base level) to Majora's Mask. You've got a certain number of "days" to complete your task - although the thing with MM was that you could/had to travel back in time, in order to complete the game. Pikmin, on the other hand, well, I just don't know how much lastability it's got. Could very well be one for hiring (or buying from EB and taking it back withing 3 days ;))

I'll get Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (and teh GBA link cable).

As I said before, there are a number of SW games coming to the cube that I'll probably look at and there's also a few X-men games and Batman games (one batman game especially, "Dark Knight" I think, looks rather nice).

And, of course, I'll be getting the cel-shaded Zelda. But what's really exciting (for all you RPG fans with gamecubes) is I've heard that:

1) Ocarina of Time (the first Zelda game on the N64) and possibly Majora's Mask (the 2nd) are being re-released. The difference being, they're going to be using the sort of graphics/3D models/etc that they used to make the "demo movie" of Link and Ganondorf fighting that was shown at a Japanese Electronics Fair sort of thing (i think it's called "TokyoCon", or something like that). Anyway, the graphics were marvelous, the two were duking it out in this large hall, lit by a large 'chandalier' type thing with candles in it. And you could see the reflections of each candle on the blades and everything looked really, really sweet. But it turned out to be just a movie, to demonstrate the GC's processing power. Not only that, but apparently, the two games will run together. That is, once you finish OoT, you will be able to continue on to MM at your lesuire.

2) Squaresoft are once again making games for Nintendo, and they're making a Final Fantasy for the GC

3) Link to the Past (LttP - one of the Zelda games for the SNES) will be coming to the GBA, with some sort of multiplayer action involved.

Cool. :)

Anyway, I think I've gone on long enough. I'll post some more of my anticipated titles at a later date. :D

13. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    just bumping this up to the top so i can find it easier.

Monkey ball = lots of fun and probably the hardest game ever on super hard... except maybe trying Halo on legend with 1 player.

also DragonballZ on PS2 is a goer, hoping for november release but details are way sketchy. they habven even said what type of game it will be

14. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    I've currently got 3 games for my GC, and I won't buy any more 'til Metroid Prime is released (unless Zelda is released before hand, although it doesn't yet have a confirmed title, and MP is out in November in the States...)

In the meantime, I bough Final Fantasy X last week. I'm about 28 hours or so into the game. A friend of mine, from school, was telling me that he was 102 hours into it (but a friend of his brother saved over his file and so his back to 12)

Anyway, I'm currently leaning towards FFX as the best FF to date. This game has everything a game needs to make it an "instant classic" (however much of an oxymoron that might be).

15. Keith_Katarn

Keith_Katarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I'm real keen to get FFX on PS2. Is it as good as I think it will be ?? I saw a preview and the CG looked exceptional !!

16. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    no doubt that graphic wise its brillaint, best FF ever im not sure 7 was awesome and i found 8 whislt the storyline kinda sucked to be thoroughly enjoyable and in fact i still play it.

17. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    btw Zelda in australia not till next year

18. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    I may as well give a little review of each FF that I've played... :)

FF7 was great, no doubts there. Unfortunately, I got pretty sick and tired of most of Cloud's part of the storyline. I know it was kinda vital, but after about the 4th or 5th dream/flashback it really just got tedious.

FF8 was sucky, it was far too linear for my liking. So much that I've only played up to the 2nd CD. So, I can't really give a proper opinion, I guess.

FF9 was better than 8, and probably better than 7 too, in many ways. The range of characters was different, although meeting them was still linear (compared to 7 - infact, afaik, 7 is the only FF where you can finish the game without meeting all the playable characters). Anyway, at least the storyline wasn't caught up with the main character's identity crisis - and the Black Mage sub-story didn't bore me to tears. Again, I haven't finished this FF (I'm up to the last CD) because I moved country and kinda got sidetracked.

I've played a fair bit of FF4 (first on an emulator, then I got the Anthology and decided that I couldn't be bothered playing 20 odd hours worth all over again straight away). The storyline is great. And the game is big (It's amazing what they could fit onto those SNES cartridges).

FF5 is also pretty good, I especially like the "Job" system, which makes up for only having 4 playable characters. I still haven't finished it though, 'cause I kinda got some news game after buying the FF Anthology.

And FFX. Good Graphics are a granted, storyline is tops, it's good ro see a fresh layout and equally good to hear that a few familar tunes have been kept. Meeting characters is fairly linear (it would be possible to walk right past Rikku later in the game though, I think) but at least they're all different enough to make it worth while. I like the new battle system, the ability to switch between any characters in your party is useful, and yet doesn't make all battles a pushover (especially the current boss I am up against - Seymour's 3rd incarnation {highlighted for those who may not want to have the game spoiled for them})

Anyway, I would rank the FF games I've played thus: (best to worst)

FF10
    FF9
    FF7
    FF4
    FF5
    FF8

I've played a small part of FF6, not really enough to rate it though.

Oh, and I've heard that FF Tactics is the best FF game ever. It apparently takes a minimum of 125 hours to beat it, or something like that...

19. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    Knights of the Old Republic released in November, is this correct?
    RedCard on Gamecube is a really fun game, especially being able to deck opposition legally.

20. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Knights of the Old Republic looked sweet at E3, got a personal demo from the lucasart dudes :)

21. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    Share and share alike :)
    I am hanging hard for KOTOR

22. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    KOTOR onXbox is 15/3/03 so far ..

no definitive date for PC

23. Darth-Antithesis

Darth-Antithesis Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2002
    anyone played Obi-Wan on Xbox??
    i laughed so hard at how crap the game was

24. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Just played 4 player smash bros at saturday's lan, double team pikachu versus double team kirby

I have never laughed so hard

25. Keith_Katarn

Keith_Katarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I was in Harvey Norman last night and saw a demo on the GC of Rogue Squadron. Awesome. I hadn't seen it before, but it looks great!!

But, I won't be buying a GC just to play it. I'll just have to go unfulfilled.

I have noticed that a lot of places are giving away XBoxes and GC when you buy stuff (like a hamburger and chips :p ) but noone gives away PS2s. Maybe it's a quality thing ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.