main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Syrix's Console Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Syrix_Kahl, Jun 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    After Dagsy had a go on my Xbox, he decided on buying an Xbox sometime in the future, i hardly use the DVD portion on my Xbox (only for LotR) the games are top notch, especially Halo and Hunter: the reckoning (my pick of the month)
    Oh if anyone has a chance to play Hunter:The Reckoning on Xbox, do so, its an awesome awesome game. Craig, you own a PSX, if you choose not to get an Xbox, i suggest looking at a PS2, so you can play your PSX games on it, I still play most of my PSX games on my PS2

2. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    To be honest Im selling my PSX and games. I just dont play it anymore, and to be honest I like PC stuff better. So if any of u want one, or any of my games, lemme know.

i only played Halo for 10 minutes and had such a blast I decided Id love to hav a LONG go of it.

Hey Ant, any chance of me borrowing your Xbox and Halo sometime in the future?

3. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    yeah i probably can Syrix my mate is a nintendo rep. though the date will jump around a lot as we get closer.

Hunter sux ass hehe i hated it with a passion

4. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    Biggs each to their own, I enjoyed Hunter.
    Craig, umm no, cos i still haven't replaced my copy of Halo (i accidently dropped the disc and stepped on it) craig takes your games to Electronic Boutique, you get a discount on consoles if you take in N64 and PSX games, I think it was 10 games for $100 off or something like that. Biggs can you clarify this please?

5. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    I dont want a console, i want money!

6. Somebody_For_Someone

Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2001
    I like the kiddy games, they tend to make you rely more on reflexes and timing, etc. than just being able to bash the buttons like i usually do with the other stuff that's around. That is what got me through every one of my sister's boyf's games. Can't say the same for Crash Bandicoot, though...I've tried for ages on my friend's playstation and I can't seem - to- finish - off - the - big - bad - guy - at - the - end!!!

7. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    If I get any console now, I can expect a really low UAI on my HSC :p

8. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Actually cuz, if the GC is that price with a game, I am thinking of getting that instead of the XBox.

I really want KOTOR, but that will be ages anyway, so I may as well get it for the PC.

9. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    it will be so much better on PC, the graphics will be far superior :D

10. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    Do you guys know when that GC/Mario bundle will be out?

11. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    Speaking of KotOR just wondering who you would have in your party?

My Co-Pilot would most likley be a wookie and the other member would probably be an R2 unit.

Who would YOU have?

12. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    And when is Robotech: Battlecry being released anyway? Anyone with a Gamecube who gets it; Id LOVE to have a game sometime! Y'all KNOW how I love Macross! (If u dont, Ill enlighten u sometime)

13. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Dagsy, I was in EB the other day and asked about SMS and the Cube/Mario bundle.

They said that SMS would be out October 4 (I think, it was either 4 or 14, but I'm pretty sure it was 4). However, they hadn't heard anything about a bundle.

One of the guys pointed out that the Gamecube was already $300 (by itself), and he didn't think they'd be dropping the price too much more in the near future.

One way or another, if there is a bundle, I would assume that it will be available early October, when SMS is release (like Sony did with it's MGS2 bundle when it was released earlier this year).

On a smlightly different note, I noticed that EB is taking pre-orders for Dinosaur Planet - Fox McCloud's new adventure - which I believe will be out early November, although I didn't ask.

14. Count_D

Count_D Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    My people said the price was being dropped to $300 for both game and machine. I don't have an exact date yet but when I do I will let you know.

An EB don't know what they are talking about.

15. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Damn, I haven't played with the PS2 for a few weeks now. I got someone else to play with now. Well, feed, change nappies and put to sleep! ;)

16. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    thanks for the vote of confidence D ;)

but yeah there is a bundle coming, when not sure how much fairly cheap :D

17. Count_D

May 3, 2002
    I was talking about syrix's EB, not teh funky arse Erina store dude..

18. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    to prove my superiority to Syrix's local store i have uncovered the truth of the GC SMS bundle ;)

OCtober 4th (same day SMS comes out) and it will be $399

19. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    Argh, another $100 to fork out :p

I'll probably end up buying the Gamecube on its own then.

20. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    I am leaning towards a XBOX myself...

Though probably for the DVD option first, then games second.

And Craig... I will install that card for you next time I am up your way :)

21. Count_D

May 3, 2002
    Im still stickin to my $300 for both.

22. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    300 for both is a nice price.

if your primary concern is the DVD player Shadow dont get either the Xbox or a PS2 the consoles are pathetic DVD quality.

23. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    Thanks D and Biggs.

I hope its $300...if its $400, I might think twice before getting it...I might look more closely at the PS2.

I dont much know the point of a $400 bundle...thats not much savings over the price of the GC and game seperately....whats the point of a bundle then?

Wait and see I guess.

Biggs...for the EB deal where you can trade in a bunch of games and get cash off a new console...do they have a similar deal for trading in an old console?

24. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    it wont be 300 from EB we'd lose money. the GC itself is 318 plus it looks like SMS will be 110 bucks :(

im not sure abiout trade in deals on that bundle but there may be one.

25. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    A bundle that only saves you $20-30 isnt that special...

And with the console trade in...it isnt necessarily about this bundle...but just whether you guys allow console trade ins at all...and how much would they be worth...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.