main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Syrix's Console Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Syrix_Kahl, Jun 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    still playing wow ;)

2. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I finished Mario vs Donkey 2: March of the Minis. What a fun game! Absolutely loved it, couldn't put it down! So cute!

3. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    I found that game too short and easy :( , but it does have a heap of replayability!

4. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    I want to go back and get gold stars in every level!! That'll take me some time!

Well, today I decided enough of Toys R Us's nonsense, I'm going to the best shop known to mankind - JB HiFi. Who hasn't scored a gaming bargain there!

I haven't cancelled my Toys R Us preorder yet because I don't know where the receipt is...goddammit! However, I have put down $60 for the Wii at JB and they are putting aside Zelda and Wii Play for me. And they'll be doing a bundle deal for me! Brilliant! Champions!

Ok, so I want you to freeze me until Nintendo Wii comes out. The wait is literally killing me.

5. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    well i got family guy on ps2 on the weekend, whilst it was easy and short it was a good play. just like an episode it was pretty funny although i think i preferred the Futurama game.

6. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    got Ultimate Alliance, which is a bit of fun. while its much MUCH prettier than the Xmen legends games, it loses something in a couple of areas; the way u assign points and attributes is pretty bad for example. Still its a very cool game, and Captain America and Iron Man are currently kicking the most ass.

7. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    Games I've played lately -

Super Princess Peach - argh, this game is REALLY annoying. It's not fun! It's really not.

Cooking Mama - this is fun! Addictive too. I want to get perfect scores! Maybe it'll teach me cooking skills that I can actually use!

Trauma Centre - kinda cool, Russ tried to steal the DS so he could play this while he was overseas. No, it's my toy! He just has to be happy with the PSP!

Electroplankton - Syrix recommended me this title oh last year sometime before I even had a DS! IT'S SO AWESOME! Really peaceful, not just awesomely fun!

Been selling stuff on eBay to raise funds for the Wii, got two days of work approved and I'm SO eager for December 7 to come, although it can't yet because I don't have quite enough money!

8. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Cooking Mama and Trauma Center are really good, its a shame Trauma Center wont be released out here on neither the DS or the Wii (in the US its a launch title). Trauma Center is a fantastic puzzler, and Cooking Mama is a good tech demo game to show off to friends! Im yet to check out Electroplankton, must have a look after exams!

Im getting slowly back into Tetris DS, thanks to my new router, and Elite Beat Agents is a heap of fun!

Bring on the Wii! Gamespot gave Red Steel 5.5, which really knocked that off my list of must-haves! I'd pick up CoD3, but it has no multiplayer!

9. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    I saw a stand counting down the days until the Wii launch outside JB HiFi at Chatswood today, it looked all nice and proper, so I wonder if it came from Nintendo.

14 days, people!

10. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    aye nintendo would have sent their reps out to set up all the displays a sepcific way. they do it in most of the stores like Big W and Target and so on. JB used to do it themselves but if it looks all proper it was probably a rep given JB love the flea market look

11. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I finally got a chance to play a Wii last night! It was awesome, even better then I imagined. Had a few minutes with Zelda on the now well known dungeon demo. Visually it's impressive, but the level of interactivity thanks to the wiimote adds so much more to the experience. I then had a crack at Wii Sports, namely bowling and tennis. Tennis was fun, even though I kept missing my shots :p But bowling is easily the best game of the two, possibly the best of the package even though I haven't tried golf or baseball yet. It's so simple yet so darned addictive!

12. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Ive decided that in january, Ill be gettign a 360. I like some of the wii games, and its gonna kill me to not be able to get Prince of persia, but the 360 just has more Im going to want.

Still playing through marvelUltimate Alliance. Tonnes of fun :)

13. hollyinlowercase

hollyinlowercase Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2006
    Whom shall I talk to about using their Wii?
    I'll buy fish and chips :)
    Don't worry, I wont take it home.

14. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    Ok, so I went to JB to pay off my Wii today and was pleasantly surprised to find that the price had changed from 399 to 388!

Huzzah! So those of you who have JB preorders make sure you only pay 388 for your Wii!

ALSO!

Take a copy of this Target catalogue if you can find it, or tell them to ring Target to price match for those fantastic prices!

You better believe I'm only paying $64.95 for Wii Play!

We are so close to Thursday! It's Tuesday! YAAAAAY!

I have Thursday and Friday to devote to the Wii and I'm so excited about that!

Wii are nearly there ;)

15. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    I just checked the JB catalog, Wii Play is only $64 at JB anyway, and all their launch titles are $79 (Tho I hear it is only on launch day). Myer also have the launch games for $79, and I plan on using my coupons to hopefully save some $$

What are you picking up on launch Messicat?

16. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    D'oh! I should have looked in the JB catalogue! I didn't think to! Well, that makes my Thursday even easier!

From JB I'll be getting the Wii (bonus Wii Sports pack whatever that is), Twilight Princess and Wii Play. From EB I'll be getting a nunchuk/or classic controller because I have a credit note. And from DJs I'll be getting a classic controller/or nunchuk and a set of those Wii gloves because I have a gift voucher.

I can't afford more than that presently, but I am eager to play Red Steel, I know it's had poor reviews, but I really want to try it out for myself. Also, probably Rayman will be added to my shelf.

I think Zelda, Wii Sports and Wii Play is enough to get me started.

Scoot, Kart, what are you guys getting? Anyone else here getting a Wii on Thursday?

17. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    I plan on picking up the Console + Wii Sports + GT Pro Series (free with Myerone offer), as well as Wii Play, an extra Nunchuck, along with Zelda, Marvel Ultimate Alliance (only $69!) and possibly Call of Duty 3, all from Myer

Im eager to play an FPS on the console, but due to Red Steel's poor reviews, CoD3 seems the safer bet.

Ill also try and pick up a Wii points card, and possibly some of those controller silicon cases.

We need to make sure to post our Wii Codes things so we can create FFWii and post messages :p

Somebody should create all the FFers as Mii's :p

18. handzik

handzik Jedi Master star 5

Aug 20, 2002
    I'm picking mine up Thursday morning from the Myers in Hornsby. I'm getting the MyerOne member offer (console, Wii Sport, GT Pro Series) plus I want to grab Zelda, Wii Play, an extra Nunchuck and either Red Steel or Rayman, I'll make my mind up once I'm there. I can't wait :D We definitely need to exchange codes!

19. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    i will get my 360 on the 16th of December. I plan to get Gears of War wih it. Or Dead Rising. I havent decided yet.

20. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    Less than 12 hours til I get a Wii.

Must.remember.to.breathe.

I'm pretty excited!

Won't be online for a bit I imagine!

Good luck tomorrow, everyone!

21. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Wii is awesome.

AWESOME

That is all :)

Wii Number = 8798 1876 7119 5647

22. hollyinlowercase

hollyinlowercase Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2006
    Scoot I'm gonna go over to your house and play it for a day okies?

23. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Wii No: 8815 7782 4664 3438

24. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    What's with the number? o_O

And anyone played Twilight Princess yet? :D

25. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Wii Number = ID for messaging services between Wii's etc and I presume will be like the Gamer Tag on Xbox 360 when online play comes into ... well play.

Twilight Princess... I'm 5 hours in and struggling to collect these things to get into the 2nd dungeon! Its bloody awesome, the aiming for bows/slingshot is fantastic thanks to the wii, but the general sword swinging, I think i would have prefered to just have a button instead of a wiimote gesture. Fantastic game so far, really really deep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.