main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Syrix's Console Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Syrix_Kahl, Jun 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Can u go to EB and trade in a console and games for money? Or does it have to be store credit?

2. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    only store credit

3. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    We had a guy do that, we were selling all our old stock of ps1 games, so one guy bought 10 copies of rollcage for 5 bucks each and then got $100 credit at EB.

4. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    How much do u reckon i could get for a PS1 with 2 controlers,a memory card and 5 or so games?

5. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Well, in defense of my supposedly "inferior" store, I did ask about a $300 bundle. Of course the guy is going to say he hasn't heard of a $300 bundle if it is $400! :p

Scream - I think you'd probably get about $100, maybe a little bit more. I know you usually get about $10 a game, I'm just not sure about consoles - I could never part with my beloved old school consoles *hugs Master System II*.

Anyway... Turok: Evolution comes out this Thursday. Did I mention that already? After finishing the basics of FFX (ie: main storyline) I'm eager to get a new game. I'm tempted to pick up the re-release of FF6 for the PSX, but since it is only the one game, I don't think it's really worth it. I will have to investigate my options for importing the First FF Collection (FF6 and Chrono Trigger) or Chrono Cross.

6. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    you would be extremely lucky to get 100 credit at EB

most ps1 games get about 3-6 bucks credit :(

some can get up to 15 but not very often

7. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    What about the console itself? with 2 controllers and a mem card.

8. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    my store doesnt take memory card but some do, im not sure what you'll get for one.

the console if it has a dual shock controller is worth 25 or 20 with a normal hand controller.

unless of course its the PSone version then its gets 50

9. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    What about a N64 with 10 games? With expansion, rumble, memory and 4 controllers?

And I've been hooked on Chrono Trigger for a week now playing it on a snes rom :D

I was annoyed when I found out Marle and Crono could only get married on the PS version :(

10. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    I have an original PSX console, with its box, I have a Geforce gun (I think thats what its called), 2 rumble pack controllers, a memory card, and 6 games.

Vaguely, what do u think Ill get Luke?

11. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    it really depends on the games themselves and if the store takes guns and cards.

but you could get around $60 at the least and anywhere up to $120 mark

12. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
  13. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    Craig, if you ever get a chance look up CD-Revolution, they might do you a good deal on the system.

14. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    that SMS GC bundle will also have a 59 slot memory card in it.

15. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Speaking of memory cards, are the 251 slot cards available over here yet?

16. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    not yet, around the same stiem as that bundle comes out they should i repeat SHOULD be available.

17. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    What/whewre is CD revolution Ant?

18. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    city bondi junction canberra. not sure if there are other stores around.

Buffy on Xbox is awesome. I was up to 2:30 this morning playing it, and i haven't done 1/4 of the game. the graphics are great, the sound is awesome (especially the little one liners from the buffster) the only problems i see in the game is the control/camera which occassionally can cause a small problem, and the fact that cordi and xander are apparently together, (in one library scene, cordi says "i think i have a flat tyre, xander can you come help me, you know change it, i may need help finding the tyre iron in the backseat")
    Story line so far is moving very much like an episode, so far the places i have visited is an old spanish church (training) Sunnydale Highschool, and sunnydale cemetry there are probably another 8 locations still to go, i have fough spike once.
    I highly recommend anyone who has an xbox and likes buffy to play this game, i give it two stakes up.

19. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Where in the city Ant?

And isit3rd person Like Tomb Raider?

20. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    no idea where in the city, i only use the bondi junction store.

Yes its 3rd person like Tomb Raider. I'm hanging to finish work today so i can go home and play, i'm already having withdrawals :D

21. ROE_Biggs

Mar 29, 2002
    Buffy= a game that is only for Buffy fans, it has nothing we havent seen before. being a Buffy fan however i enjoy the game (when i get to play it) and the graphics and sounds are tops :D

Also you dont have to stick exactly to the storyline, you can wander around Sunnydale with total freedom, no one is going to die cos you didnt get there in time which is really cool.

the reason Cordelia and Xander are together is because it is set in series 3 when they were together in the TV show. it is meant to be based off an episdoe that they wrote but never aired which is why it is so flowing.

22. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Bloody Damn Microsoft!

Think they can just buy out the gaming market! Just cause Gates can throw limitless money at the Xbox!

I'm ranting after reading rumours circulating the web (faster than ... somthing which is very fast) in regard to Microsoft's purchase of Metal Gear Solid 3.

Now I'm not a big fan, but seriously folks, when will it end? Considering that MS already own the controlling share of Rare, I'm hoping that they'll stop right now, forgive the world for being so obnoxious, for thinking they could just waltz and and rule the roost and go back to PC's.

Quite honestly, gaming has changed dramatically over the last 2 years. With Sega's departure from console production and MS's promise of number-crunching power.

There's still hope, at least the PS2 and NGC have a fairly good line up ahead of them for Christams and into the New Year. That is, exclusive games. None of this Available on all 3 Consoles hogwash that's been going on. Metroid Prime, Kingdom Hearts, Starfox Adventures, Devil May Cry 2...

Maybe Mr. Gates should think of pulling Solitaire from his next Windows installment and turn it into an XBox Exclusive. 'Cause there's nothing better than playing Solitaire to your own, hand-picked tunes...

23. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    UP!

'Cause it didn't work when I posted..

24. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Third time for good luck.

Edit - And so that more people can pay out on MS's nasty underhand methods...

25. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    'Cause there's nothing better than playing Solitaire to your own, hand-picked tunes

I found a program on the net that lets you edit your own skins, midi files playing in the background and pictures on the cards :D

The GC ads on TV are pretty cool, I especially like the Mario Sunshine one, and the Mario/Yo**** with the little kid and his mother :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.