main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive System Lords IV: Twilight

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Sith_Lords, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    (ooc: Issue/Typo/Discrepency:

2. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    OOC: Edited out... Primitive Distaste is for everything UNDER 2500

Thanks for catchin it Sephy.

Edit for BLem (1:17 Pac/Board time): It vanishes for the betterment of society, presumably to sate the nobility (a la Versailles)

-I_H

3. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    OOC: Hey Hammer, I was wondering in the Aristocracy attributes, where it says 30% of income feeds the crown, is that taken into a separate treasury account for use in research or whatnot? Or does it simply vanish leading to the betterment of the government? :)

4. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    I figured as much.

5. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    ***Theocracy***

Cons
    - Holy Land: All of capital planet's income gets funneled into the Church

So you basically don't get your capital planets income?

Also, what's the PR and IR you refer to?

6. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    GM APPROVED

Name: Jurrl Verenda
    Preferred System: Mon Cal or Bothawui
    Race: Farghul
    Appearance: [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/2/27/Farghul.JPG]

Tends to wear long flowing robes of varied colors, and slippers.

Bio: Born into the aristocracy, and destined to be the leader of the Farendal Kingdom, Jurrl was more of a studious sort who later found a decided interest in combat. That interest in combat took him to start to form an army when he took over the crown of his homeplanet, which hadn't seen a war since the Imperium crashed through the New Republic and Empire. That war had barely touched them, for varied reasons.

Now it is felt that with the situation as it is, an expansion would be the wisest course of action.

The Farfin Kingdom

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Trimaj/FarfinSymbol.jpg]

Royalty:

Jurrl Verenda, King
    Mallora Verenda, Queen
    Gart Verenda, Prince and future King

(There are varied other High Houses that will be brought into play throughout the game)

Advisors/Military

Ferdin Grilna, Financial Advisor
    Hurtal Surd, Public Relations
    Narvin B'warta, High General
    Murlin Vurtal, High Admiral in Command of the Navy
    Corla Latsoba, Strategic Adivisor to Narvin

(And varied underlings that will play their roles later on.)

Capital

Fondor:
    Income: 1500
    Bonus: 1 Dreadnaught Produced at Fondor per turn.

7. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    OOC to Prenn: PR = Public Relations, IR is a typo on PR, and yes, thats the trade-off for Theocracy (these things don't come cheap! :p ) ...

I'd also be happy to answer questions over PM so as to not clutter up the Thread!

:)

-I_H

8. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Name: Nathaniel Yark
    Preferred System: The Republic of Kaminoian Systems (RKS)
    Race: Human
    Bio: Admiral Nathaniel Yark was the Supreme Commander of Naval Forces in the RKS under Lord Drake Voshkin. He helped lead the RKS to countless victories over the Rebellion and other enemy factions after the "Shatter" of the Empire. When Drake Voshkin stepped down from the Presidency of the RKS, Nathan ran for the office. With full backing by Lord Voshkin, which the Kaminoian people loved dearly, Nathan won in a landslide victory. While President, Nathan suffered a great loss: the death of Lord Voshkin, at the hands of one of his own clones produced at Kamino. Nathan traced the assassin back to a council that controlled much of the Empire. Infuriated with the Empire's actions and politics, the RKS seceded from the Empire and became a sovereign nation. Nathan was then given full executive powers, over the military, over the government everything. Now, as the Emperor of the RKS, Nathan will do whatever it takes to have revenge against the Empire, and he will let nobody stand in his way...

OOC: Planets will come later.

9. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    Kaminoian Empire

Kamino
    Income: 1000
    Bonus: 1 Stormtrooper Battalion Every Turn (1000)
    Another Bonus: Kamino has a Podracing Track established on its surface, which earns it an extra 100 per turn (see SL2)
    Special Unit: Kamino also has the ability to produce ARC Troopers at 700 soldiers for 1000 credits. (see SL2)

Roon
    Income: 350
    Bonus: Produces 5 Spice Canisters (500) per turn

IC: Kaminoian PR Official

The Kaminoian Government is now Fascist, with Nathaniel Yark as its Emperor.

10. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Classified Location, Unknown Regions

An astronomer would have called it beautiful. A part of space empty of sentient life, a single star, a single Ice planet. And hundreds of nebulae, each a different, shape, size and colour. Every colour in the spectrum was represented. The beauty would not last long however. A fleet reverted out of hyperspace, and formed up. They were fleeing a battle. But unsuccessfully .They were being followed. The fleet was made up of 5 Shree-Battle cruisers, each 900 meters long, and extremely powerful. They quickly deployed their Swarm-class battle droids. Their original consignment of 2500 fighters had been reduced to a measly 450. Their glorious fleet was reduced to 5 ships. 2 of these were heavily damaged. But that had no effect on the Ssi-Ruuvi commander. Holialan. ?Lieutenant,? he hissed. ?Report.? His reptilian eyes focused on the screen ahead, as the Lieutenant reported. ?Sir, they are following us. The Souria?s captain reports that he is losing the ship. He requests orders sir?? Holialan did not consider. ?Have them ram the nearest ship, as soon as they arrive.? The lieutenant nodded, and transmitted the orders.

Meanwhile, aboard the bridge of the Imperial II Star Destroyer Bane?s Wrath A shadow stood at the viewport, starring at the elongated stars. ?Commander, have you found their position?? Commander Knowles looked at the Sith Lord. ?Yes, my Lord. We should be dropping out of hyperspace any minute now. Lieutenant, begin the clock.? As the lieutenant began to count down from 60, the shadow walked away from the viewport and approached a cloaked figure. ?They will not escape this time.? The cloaked figure nodded. ?They know to much. Give me command of the battle. We will obliterate them.? The figure throw off its hood, revealing the face of Jacen Solo. The galactic hero. The saviour of the galaxy. The Dark Lord of the Sith. ?Yes my master.? Shira Brie, Lumiya, the apprentice.
    She walked away, and felt the Dark Lord?s anger. He was ready. She knew it. ?Commander. Set condition 1 through out the ship.? The lieutenant had almost finished his countdown. ?3? 2?. 1?.?

The beauty of space was disturbed again as the Sith fleet dropped out of hyperspace, guns blazing. 1 Imperial II Class Star Destroyer, followed by another, than 5 Imperial I Star Destroyers, and finally an interdictor cruiser. Starfighters shot out of the hangers, ready to take on the Ssi-ruuvi battle droids. Jacen Solo smiled. He had been waiting for this a long time. ?Commander, what do you observe?? Knowles looked taken aback. ?We appear to be winning sir, which given the overwhelming odd-? Jacen cut him off with a wave of the hand. ?This ship here. The Souria it is not firing, but is heading towards us at extreme speeds. What does this impy?? Knowles looked shocked. ?It?s going to ram us. Focus all battery?s on the incoming crui-? A flash of light lit up the darkness of space as the Souria was destroyed. ?What the?? Jacen smiled. ?The force can be used in mysterious ways, commander. But this was a simple matter of telling Blue squadron to attack the frigate. Continue the attack. Leave no survivors Commander. I will be in my chambers.? Knowles bowed before his lord, than got back to the attack. ?Shields at full. Attack their flagship, all batteries fire on my mark.? Knowles paused. ?Mark.?

Jacen sat in his chambers, legs crossed, meditating. He sat up with a jolt as he felt Lumiya presence enter the room. ?The battle is won, my lord.? Jacen smiled. He knew what he had to do. ?Lumiya, plant the explosives, get the ambassadors in place. We need to destroy these empires, here.? He said, activating a holo-map, with areas highlighted around the galaxy. They were coloured red, green and amber depending on the threat level. ?The so called system lords started off this war. I will not let them end this one.? Lumiya nodded, and began to walk out of the room. ?It will be done my lord,? she said, bowing.

[b]Unknown Planet, Outer Rim Territories[/b]

A flash of lightning illumi

11. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    (ooc: I forget, do we just get our 3000 or do we get our 3000 and our planetary salary? Just in case, I've spent less than 3000 for now [and 'cause I need some special unit prices from Sithy])

IC: W-3P0
    Hypori, Droid Independence League Palace

An involuntary restart. This was something Dub-Three had not had to do since his first briefing at MI5 years ago, when he had been threatened with a memory wipe. It was one of the special features his long-dead first master had built into him to protect his secrets.

He noted that had he arrived a fraction of a second earlier, he would have been fried by capital ship-grade Ion Cannons. None of the droids in the palace probably survived, but most of them were replaceable.

The droid was connected to his planetwide communications system at all times, which made ordering a maintenance crew a very quick process. They would arrive shortly to remove permanently disabled droids and salvage the computer files within the palace.

While the maintenance droids worked, Dub-Three headed towards a different administrative building. Like all good machines, the government of Hypori was backed up in several locations. Each would need to be disabled, along with the communication relays that allowed Dub-Three to monitor and communicate with all the droids under his command, in order to plunge the DIL into anarchy.

The attack forced the droid to accelerate his plans. If the DIL had enemies, they could no longer be safe on Hypori and Colla alone. He recorded a brief message to be sent to and played to the Kuati Minister of Foreign affairs, with whom Dub-Three had been negotiating an alliance.

"Statement: The DIL palace on Hypori was attacked this morning by unknown forces. An Ion Cannon was fired from a vessel in orbit, which made a hasty escape. Extrapolation: I was likely the target. Extrapolation: Although it is possible the attack was instigated by anti-Droid Independence agitators, it seems unlikely that they would hold enough clout to obtain military vessels. Query: Has anything unusual happened on Kuat or Obroa-Skaii lately? Statement: If there were attacks on your people, it would greatly assist in pointing us in the right direction towards finding the aggressor. Request: Please reply soon."

He sent a similar message to Jichen Radezn of Balmorra, exchanging Balmorra for Kuat.

Tag: Imp, sword_of_raditz

IC: The Think Tank[/b]
    [i]Hypori, orbital research facility[/i]

A dozen assorted droids, mostly astromechs, but a few other droids inclined to work on mechanical and scientific prejects, gathered around a holo-emitter in a room in a research facility above Hypori. Since their master, Dub-Three had first liberated himself years ago, he had liberated select droids with dispositions for experimentation and tinkering, and set them aside. He placed them where they would be safe from organic hands, and where their memories would never be wiped. They would become his inventors, his scientists, his Think Tank. Like the government, there were several Think Tanks: the one in the sky for research involving the DIL Navy, the one on the ground to experiment with new Battle Droid equipment and programs, one consisting of old medical droids tasked with creating biological weapons and poisons to cripple and cow the organics.

The one in the sky, however, was getting major funding, meaning raw materials for experimentation.

The Holo-emitter glowed blue, as their master, Dub-Three appeared in its center. "Greeting: Good afternoon, my Think Tank. Statement: The DIL has been attacked. Observation: Our current Navy is woefully inadequate to both defend ourselves and expand our reach. Command: You will create new weaponry for our League."

The droid faded away, replaced by an image of an [link=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aggressor-class_destroyer]Aggressor-Class Destroyer[/link]. "Statement: This is an Aggressor. Many years ago, it was used by the criminal Tyber Zann to great effect against both the Empire and Rebellion. Explanation: The Agressor has a few

12. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    OOC: You only get the 3000, not your planetary income.

IC: Nathaniel Yark

Victory Star Destroyer Voshkin

Nathan completed his inspection of the Kaminoian Empire's newest acquisition: the Victory Star Destroyer Voshkin, named after Kamino's former leader who was assassinated. This would be his flagship, his arm, his sword. This was the beginning of Nathan's and Kamino's revenge against the Galactic Empire, the beginning of their vendetta. When Kamino had originally seceded from the Empire along with the other members of the Triple-K Compact, they had wanted to remain peaceful. Nathan admired them for their beliefs and objectives, but deep down he knew what he wanted, and it wasn't peace. Now that he has been given full control over both the Kaminoian government and military, he had the resorts needed to begin his plan.

"Sir," a communications officer said, breaking Nathan's chain of thought, "there is an unknown craft entering our system. We have an incoming transmission."

"Patch it through," Nathan ordered.

?This is Captain Vigo of the Dreadnaught Clam?s Grip Requesting landing permission. We have a business proposition, One your leader, Nathaniel Yark, will be interested in. It includes the complete and utter destruction of the Empire??

"Captain Vigo," Nathan began, "this is Nathaniel Yark, Emperor of the Kamino, I am on board the Star Destroyer you are looking at. Please state your affiliation, if any, or otherwise get out of my system."

Nathan had not heard of this Captain Vigo, and he wasn't about to let some stranger of unknown allies on board one of his ships.

TAG: Sith_Lords

OOC: Purchases will come later.

13. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    OOC: The United Grand Kingdom chooses Fascism as its government. Disadvantaged Group: Force Users

UNITED GRAND KINGDOM POST I

IC: Jeveln Kanadin

Jeveln's private carrier ship left hyperspace, approaching Balmorra. The man smiled. His kingdom was below him, the planet dotted with the machinary and cities that made it such a grand place to start an empire.

But his mind shifted onto what he had been thinking before. The galaxy about him was engulfed in chaos. Ever since the Empire had fallen, shattered into many different groups, there was no true authority abound, and this had excited many local lords to rise to power. No doubt it would be difficult for anyone to exert any sort of authority over such ambitions.

Still, there was reason for hope. In the galaxy's history, it has tended to go for a single government that interracts with the smaller ones, so that many people had been stirred to the cause of conquest, finding it to be of a singular mind for many warlords. Though few were powerful enough to actually contemplate such things, it was unfortunately a good bit of competition. He knew that the fight would grow tough. And for that, he was ready.

"We're entering the atmosphere, sir." said a crew member of the private ship. "Landing will be in five minutes."

"Excellent," spoke Jeveln. "Send a message to Mehel of my arrival."

"Yes sir," the man replied before leaving the room.

Kanadin's mind wandered back to what had occured prior. It really was mastery, the way he did it, or perhaps it was that of his own creation. He had grown up in his native Ghost Nebula, and had risen the ranks. But that damn Visil Sasoon had stopped his possibilities to become a Rootai. He had been frustrated and left, seeing the galaxy proper as his best chance to victory. First he had served on Coruscant, looking for the best place to cement control, and found that place to be Balmorra. Now, he ruled Balmorra undisputedly. What was next was the galaxy. The universe.

Many a leader had gone before Jeveln, and he had used their examples in his studying. The most important thing, to him, was to keep the citizens happy and ignorant of the inner workings of the nation. The other was maintaining an image of fear to the other countries, so that any attempt to conquer them would be erased from their minds. A mutual respect was all that was needed.

Still, it would be nice to have a country to back them up, to make a war seem all the more of folly. All these things...this was what needed to be done in the future. Conquest was just one thing among dozens.

Presently, Jeveln rose as the ship landed. The usual six guards about him walked as he exited the ship. He looked about as the familiar sights of Bin Prime showed all about him. In front, a personal guard company for both of his two visitors: Jan Vold and Talsen Mehel. He was a bit surprised to see Jan, and the man had priorly been ordered to a conference with local press on the city of Ihkjun. Still, he maintained his air of calm that usually went with him. Something this minor was no cause for alarm. He knew the others were gone, and he looked forward to updates on them from Mehel.

As he reached the group, he greeted them, and they bowed.

"Sir," said Talsen. "Councilor Vold's meeting in Ihkjun finished ahead of schedule, so he is here to accompany your landing. Councilor Mivechel and Councilor Kikarr are off discussing about the science budget still and have not come to a conclusion, and could not come, but they send their greetings. Councilor Haridan is evaluating a military base at present. Councilor Radezn's ship to this planet should arrive in about five minutes. We, however, have arrived at your orders to welcome you back to Balmorra."

"Good," answered Jeveln. He nodded to the Councilor of the Citizenry. "Jan, how did the meeting go? I assume your objective of addressing the crime there has been successful?"

"Indeed it has, your Utmost Majesty. The crime lords the pay us tribute are doing well to destro

14. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    The Commonwealth of Fresia will be governed by an Aristocracy.

[b]IC: Kian Sharpe[/b]
    [i]Hall of the Commonwealth, Concordia, Coromon Islands, Fresia[/i]

[blockquote]Grand Advisor Kian Sharpe stood in the dimly-lit atmosphere of one of the many conference chambers which lie spread throughout the Hall of the Commonwealth, one of the most venerated buildings on all of Fresia. It was on its very grounds, in the most prominent land feature on the planet, that the last battle of Fresian unification had been fought more than twelve centuries before. The building had taken decades to build, and had stood as the prime symbol of Fresia?s government throughout its history. Sharpe thought it was interesting to note that Fresia, having never been internally governed by any body other than a republic, was now under the rule of an empire; [i]his[/i] empire. And considering the coming power and prosperity it implied, the people were ecstatic about the conversion. Well, mostly ecstatic.

Sharpe stood with his two direct underlings, High Executor Tencus Nambek and the Advisor to Fresia, Althos Verrin. There was another present, a human female captain of the army named Lena Ekstyn.

He spoke evenly to the officer, ?I trust the operation went down as planned, Captain Ekstyn??

The woman, clad in the army blue uniform with gold braid and gray trim, answered. ?It did, Advisor. I took a hundred-fifty men from the Solstetia garrison and neutralized the rebels. Their position was in a manor house exactly where our intelligence had suggested, sir.?

Sharpe nodded, turning his head to the side to look Advisor Verrin in the eyes, as he was the one who had given the order. Verrin took this as his signal to speak. ?I am to assume then that those on the island of Lestia understand fully what will happen in the event that another planned armed rebellion is instigated??

Kian narrowed his eyes at the man as he spoke in his delicate yet calculating tone. Verrin had used his direct jurisdictional powers to order the pre-emptive strike against the rebels in order to prevent their taking up arms against the Commonwealth. This all had occurred without Sharpe?s knowledge; the Grand Advisor was forced to issue post-facto legitimacy to the Fresian Advisor?s orders so as not to create a rift in the ruling body.

Ekstyn replied to Verrin?s earlier probe, ?Yes sir, no prisoners were taken. The operation was completed eighteen minutes after the initial landing.? She paused, ?That?s seven minutes faster than allotted, sir.? She continued to stand at attention, fixing her gaze on Sharpe, as it was no doubt his turn to speak.

?Excellent work captain,? Kian stated in a false and wooden tone, ?you are relieved.?

As the woman turned to exit the room, Verrin called after her, ?Extended weekend passes are to be given to the men of the Solstetia garrison who participated in the operation.?

Sharpe had kept a cool demeanor throughout the entire session, but inside he was less-than-pleased. Even if the rebel faction based on the island of Lestia had been planning an uprising, it would have been more prudent to have sent in negotiators in order to see if they could reach an effective resolution or compromise. However he was not willing to show his displeasure to the officer or Executor Nambek so had waited until they were long gone before having a word with Verrin.

Sharpe leading, the two walked silently toward the Grand Advisor?s office, down the elegant and cavernous black and dark gray marble halls lined with dark blue-green columns and navy blue carpets. Once inside the similarly-colored office, Sharpe gazed out the panoramic window at the city and oceans beyond while Verrin waited behind him just inside the door. ?Your humble servant, sir,? the man said, hollow.

Kian needed to make it perfectly clear that the imperial administration would not use its power unjustly. He spun on his heel and predatorily walked right up to look Verrin in the eyes. The man spoke in a low and powerful tone, knowing that his words would be heeded.

15. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    OOC: Okay, I changed it. Sorry about that.

16. Star_Rocker

Star_Rocker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    OOC: The Onderon Royalist Command Chooses Technocracy as it's Government, See IC. Also changes it's name the Onderon Royal Technocracy (ORT)

[b]Al-yk Orion[/b]
    [i]CNN Station On Onderon[/i] - 5 Hours Before Assassination Attempt.

Al-yk sat confidently in the chair, he waited as the people at the CNN station got ready to record his announcement to the ORT and the rest of the galaxy. Even though it would be broadcast completely live he was not nervous, in fact he was quite comfortable, but still looked forward to getting out of the chair and back to forming his new government. New threats were rising in the galaxy, the Ssi-Ruuvi had taken over most of the galaxy and only a few systems remained free. Al-yk wondered how much time he had before their attention was turned to the free planets currently under the ORC, Onderon and Manaaan, currently both weren't well protected and wouldn't stand a chance against a full Ssi-Ruuvi onslaught.

"Sir are you ready?" One of the CNN staff asked Al-yk.

Al-yk gave a brief nod then looked straight into the camera, as the cameraman's hands slowly counted down from 3, though his mouth remained silent no words spoken. 2, 1.

"We now cross to Al-yk Orion leader of the Onderon Royalist Command as he makes his announcement.."

"Good Morning, I am Al-yk Orion, Leader of the Onderon Royalist Command. The galaxy as most of you a very well aware is not what it used to be, in fact it is far from it, the Ssi-Ruuvi has come and taken many worlds as their own, only a few remain free, but I fear that the freedom that we know is counting down. That is why we must act for ourselves and start to become stronger to defend and maybe one day rid the the galaxy from the Ssi-Ruuvi and other invaders. That is why today I announce as a joint decision by me and other commanders that the [b]Onderon Royalist Command change it's government to a Technocracy.[/b]"

He paused for a moment to let the news sink in to his people and the galaxy.

"Because of this the Onderon Royalist Command, will be [b]renamed the Onderon Royalist Techocracy[/b], for a better and brighter future."

Al-yk went on to announce the leaders of the different government departments, those who were the best of the best in their fields, and announced himself President of the Onderon Royalist Technocracy, as well as some military purchases. After the announcement he headed back to the Onderon Palace...

[b]TAG:[/b] ANY

[b][u]5 seconds after the explosion[/u][/b]

Al-yk held the vine tightly, letting go would be instant death for him. His flexi-armour had taken most of the blast, though he wasn't certain of his health condition at the time. He started to climb back up the vine onto what remained of the balcony, hopefully security would be there any moment. Slowly he climbed back onto the balcony, what was left of it anyway. He looked around, obviously it had been a remote detonation, "so where was the assassin?" He asked himself. He took his dual blasters and readied himself for an oncoming attack, that was when it occurred to him that if it were an assassin then coming closer would be what it wanted to avoid. Quickly he dived behind some rocks to use as cover from any far off shots targeted at him.

Soon enough security came, the commander came and knelled down next to Al-yk.

"Sir what just happened?" He asked.

"There was a big explosion, I fell off the edge but managed to grab a vine and bring myself back up, I guessed it was an assassin so I hid behind these rocks. Get you mean to do an area sweep of a 1Km radius around the palace and try to block on all exits and entries it probably won't slow the assassin down but we can only try."

"What about you sir?"

"Leave your team with me get a shuttle to take me to the [i]Sword & Dagger[/i], that's if I can get to the shuttle without being assassinated."

"Yes Sir, take my personal shield."

Al-yk thanked him and heaed off towards the shuttle bay, the personal shield would likely take at least one shot, though he couldn't be certain, th

17. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    IC: House Vallese

...is now an Aristocracy.

IC as Duke Carmine Vallese

She always did this! She was a hawk, Jana was, and the Duke was tiring of it. Her constant meddling with his personal affairs resulted in this micromanagement. Carmine knew she wanted him dead, and she was well aware of that fact. Hans had a hard enough time dealing with security on their new home of Endor without having to worry about internal conflicts.

"Jana!" he called down the hall. It echoed off the stone walls, reverberating even more with each passing moment. This place was too impersonal. "Jana!"

He strode briskly to the corner. Hearing footsteps, he slowed, pausing out of sight of anyone coming. Whoever it was, they were in a hurry. As the footsteps neared, Carmine heard the distinctive sigh of his sister. He frowned beneath his mask.

"There you are!" snapped Carmine, stepping out from behind the corner. Jana jumped, surprised, as her shock gave way to anger.

"What is it, Carmine? I'm very busy." she hissed. Carmine clenched his teeth.

"Hardly. I take it you've heard of the readings Hans' men picked up?" he asked coolly.

Jana's eyes flashed, and Carmine knew. She'd heard, and most likely was behind whatever it was. "No, I hadn't. Gerren's just paranoid, an old, paranoid man. Now I must be going."

Jana's lithe form turned around, and she stormed off in the direction of her quarters. Carmine sighed beneath his mask, every sound amplified by it. Sickness forced him to wear it, but it also put up an emotional barrier between him and those he cared for. Like Morgan, and Giuseppe... thought the Duke.

He'd have to warn Hans about Jana.

[b]IC as Giuseppe Vallese and John Forrest[/b]

"So we've come to an agreement with the locals, then?"

"They supply us with a compliment of bombers as long and we let them go about their lives as they normally would. Of course, we would've let them live in solitude anyways..."

"True, sir. However, we still need more...conventional defenses. AT-ST's may be a wise choice, given the terrain and their history here."

Giuseppe Vallese, six feet in height and sharp featured, gave John Forrest a look that said, plainly, not a chance. "We've just allied ourselves with the locals - let's not be the cause of a civil war because of a military faux pas."

John Forrest let out a short chuckle. "I hadn't thought of that, sir. Perhaps some aerial support is in order, then?"

Giuseppe shook his head. "Ground support first. If we're going to get an army going, we'll need actual soldiers, not pilots. That can wait - this can't."

[hr]
    [b]IC as Hans Gerren[/b]

Hans Gerren, at sixty-two years of age, had passed the prime of his life. Tall and athletic, the man's body wasn't what it used to be. His mind was as good as it been twenty years ago, if not better. And that was why he did what he did.

"Captain, this is HQ - what's the situation, over." barked the Defense Minister into his comm.

A speaker hissed, and squawked to life. "Three down, sir. We're not sure how many of them there were to begin with, but they're as good as caught."

Hans smiled grimly. Good. "Excellent. Clean up the rest. Make sure we get one alive for questioning."

Hans' aide, Brann, looked at him quizically - Hans rarely let scum like this live. Something was different this time 'round.

[hr]
    [b]IC as Captain Kire[/b]

"Roger that, sir." said Kire, taking his thumb off the comm. "Sergeant! Flank!"

Kire took a step forward. "In the Name of the Duke Carmine Vallese we demand your surrender!"

One of the hostiles called out a response: "Show us your leader." Kire frowned. This was a set-up for something.

"I'm here. Lay down your weapons and move out slowly."

[b]Tag: Sith_Lords for the Assassins[/b]

[/blockquote]

[b]Control Mode[/b]

[i]***Monarchy / Aristocracy ***[/i]
    - The Treasury: 30% of all income feeds the crown / aristocracy.
    - Lord?s Honor: Minimum External PR @ 60%
    - Noble Prerogative: 25% off price of all military

18. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    IC: Lama Su - Minister of Foreign Affairs

After Nathan had been given complete control of Kamino and the systems it controlled, Lama Su feared for his position as the Prime Minister, since the Congress had been dissolved, and there would be no need for a Prime Minister. He was glad when Nathan had given him the position as the Minister of Foreign Affairs. He had worked with Lord Voshkin prior to Nathan becoming Moff, and he continued to work during Nathan's regime. He was very experienced with politics, and he was the perfect man for the job.

Lama Su was given the task of expanding the Kaminoian Empire. Expansion is what gives an Empire more power. But too much expansion can lead to an Empire's fall. Lama Su would see that it would not happen. For a long time, Kamino had been close trading partners with Ukio. Being a very fertle planet, it had provided Kamino with most of its food supply for many years. But ever since Kamino had seceded from the Empire, high tariffs on imports from Imperial Systems had cost Kamino a lot of money. Now it was time for Kamino to support itself, by acquiring Ukio.

Lama Su prepared a holo message for the Prime Minister of Ukio:

"Greetings old friend. We have been trading partners for as long as I can remember, back when the Old Republic was still in power. Times are different now, and yet our friendship remains. But recent events, including our secession from the Galactic Empire has placed a strain on our trading. Tariffs placed on your shipments by the Empire have cost us dearly, and we have been forced to cut back on our spending. Being your number one customer, I'm sure this has strained your planet financially has well. It pains me to see your planet is still under the control of the Galactic Empire that does nothing but exploit you. If you should be attacked, protection of the Empire will be delayed, if it even comes at all. But under the protection and control of the Kaminoian Empire, you would have an ally close by that would be able to defend your planet properly. Exports from your planet would be spread throughout the Kaminoian Empire, and we would put no tariffs on you trading with planets outside our control. Does this proposition sound fair to you?"

[i][b]Purchase Mode[/b]

Income: 3000

Kaminoian Propaganda: -900

Remaining Funds: 2100[/i]

[hr]

[b][u]The Kaminoian Empire[/u][/b]

[color=blue][u]Kamino[/u][/color]

In Orbit:

VSD [i]Voshkin[/i]

Deployed:

None

[color=green][u]Roon[/u][/color]

In Orbit:

None

Deployed:

None

[b]Disadvantaged Social Group:[/b] Imperial Sympathizers

[b]TAG: Sith_Lords[/b]

OOC: Some proposed stats for Ukio (you can change them if you see fit Sithy)

Ukio
    Income: 2500
    Bonus: None

19. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: and with this the Farfin Kingdom becomes the Farfin Technocratic Empire, taking on the governmental form of Technocracy.

Introducing the head of intellegence: Cradda Verenda, cousin to Jurrl

IC: Cradda Verenda/ Prison Cell/ Veretick City/ Fondor

Cradda strode down the corridor, various prison cell doors aligned in a staggered order, creating something of an uneasy sensation upon moving to fast. The farghul was far to upset to be bothered by a mere optical illusion. Someone had made an attempt on the life of the crown prince, and his own nephew. This foreign devil had better give me a very, very good reason for this act, or the rest of his short life will be decidedly unpleasant. He found himself smiling at the thought, deciding to make it something of a personal play time.

The rest of the contingent had been wiped out, or suicided themselves. For some reason this one's pill hadn't worked, for which Cradda found himself amazingly grateful.

Finally arriving at one of the maximum security cells, Cradda motioned for a guard to enter the cell with him as the door opened. Upon his entracne the Farghuls sensitive ears were overwhelmed with a scream of, "Who the hell are you!"

His ears laying back, the Head of Intellegence retorted, "One with far better manners than yourself." Forcing his ears back into a relaxed state, he continuedm, "My name is Cradda, Head of Intellegence for the Farfin Technocratic Aristocracy. I do believe you know why I am here, and what we're going to do. If you do not cooperate your life will be made miserable, do you understand?" The Felinoid narrowed his eyes menacingly.

Taking a seat on a folding chair that had been brought in by an assistant, he looked over how the being before him had been treated. He looked reasonably well fed, as well as if he'd recieved an adacquite amount of sleep. The Farghul were not monsters, and you could certainly attract more flies with honey than with vinegar. "Now, if you would be so kind as to tell me your name, we can see where this conversation will take us. I hope it's somewhere that will be mutually profitable." Extending one of his razor sharp claws, Cradda absently scratched at his chin.

TAG: SITHLORDS

OOC: more tommorow, too late right now.

20. FollowTheSnowflies

FollowTheSnowflies Jedi Master star 1

Mar 28, 2007
    Rhen Var.

The snow danced around a lonely tent on the surface, while the troops waited patiently. Inside, Salamander the Great sat and planned his campaign with his most trusted generals. He was colossal in frame, and when hunched he still towered over his tallest comrades. Even seated he cast a shadow over all inside the tent.

"Gather three thousand of our best," he rumbled. A subordinate bowed and scurried out.

"We have X-Wings now," he noted. "Assign the pilots and form ten squadrons."

Again someone bowed and hurried off to carry out the orders.

"Every man is equal in my armada," grunted Salamander, to the murmured approval of his generals. A smile played at the corner of his lips, barely noticeable underneath his thick beard. "We shall free beings from here to the Deep Core. We shall show them the error of their ways. We shall invite them into freedom. We are the Sanctuary."

"Sir!"

A messenger, bursting in with a rushed salute. Salamander stirred, and nodded his mammoth head slowly. The soldier continued. "A transmission from a Corellian Light Freighter designated Path of Light. They request a meeting."

"Let them land," said Salamander. "I will meet them here."

Sometimes on Rhen Var and places with similar climates, snow will build momentum. It begins to roll down slopes and cliffs. It begins slowly, trailing ever downwards without any apparent threat to the world around it. As it continues to fall, it gathers pace. It grows larger. By the time it is finished, nothing can stand in its way. It is unstoppable, irresistible, a force of immense destruction. And all it needs to begin is a single push in the right direction.

"I can give more than a push," said Salamander slowly. "I am a titan."

He nodded with approval at his own words.

"I am a titan."

His generals assured him that he was. He turned his attention back to the campaign map, continuing his plotting while the snow continued to fall.

TAG- Sith_Lords

[b]Income[/b]

The Sanctuary receives 3000 credits in initial income.

The Sanctuary receives one VSD as an initial bonus.

[b]Expenditure[/b]

The Sanctuary trains three infantry battalions at a cost of 750 credits each, total of 2250 credits (25% discount- Zealots)

The Sanctuary forms ten X-Wing squadrons at a cost of 44 credits each, total of 440 credits (10% increase- Command Economy)

The Sanctuary spends a combined total of 2690 credits. The remaining balance is 310 credits.

[b]Territory[/b]

Rhen Var (1500 credits, Dreadnaught every other turn)
    -Victory Star Destroyer [i]Freedom and Truth[/i]
    -Three Infantry Battalions
    -Ten X-Wing Squadrons

EDIT: The Sanctuary is now a [b]Communist[/b] regime.

21. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    OOC: The Holy Kuati Empire shall be ran as a theocracy (surprise, surprise! :p)

And I'll just put up my Ledgers and for now... ICs for tomorrow...

ALSO, on the government system:

Something I noted myself when filling my stuff out. If you have multiple production bonuses, these are to be compounded versus aggregated. Bonuses can-not be combined to make a 20% (planet) and 30% (gov) bonus into a 50% one. Rather, it becomes a 44% one.

DON'T: 1000 Credits x (20% + 30%) = 500 Credits

DO: 1000 Credits x 20% x 30% = 560 Credits

Again, questions, please PM me...

*Insert standard waivers of liability here*

[color=blue][b]***COMMAND MODE*** [/b] [/color]

[b]*PURCHASE MODE* [/b]

[color=green][u]Inflows[/u]
    Starting Balance = 3000

Total Inflows: 3000 [/color]

[color=red][u]Outflows[/u]

Religious Guidance: (.1)(3000) = -300

[i]Immediate Production[/i]
    - Missionary Team #1 = -0000
    - [2] Nebulon-B Escort Frigates: - 1400 **
    - [4] Tie Defender Squadrons: -262.4 *
    - [1] Dreadnaught: -560 **
    - Orbital Minefield: -400*

Total Outflows: 2922. 4 [/color]

[color=green]Net Balance: +77.6 [/color]

* = Holy Provisions Bonus
    ** = Holy Provisions And KDY Bonus

[hr]
    [color=purple][u][b]***HKE Holdings*** [/b][/u][/color]

[b]Kuat:[/b]
    [u]In Orbit:[/u]
    -Victory Star Destroyer: Celebrant
    -Dreadnaught: Piety
    [i]Kuat Drive Yards: [/i]
    [i]Orbital Minefield[/i]
    [u]Planetary: [/u]
    -Missionary Team #1

[b]Obroa-Skaii:[/b]
    [u]In Orbit: [/u]
    -Nebulon B: Seraphim
    ----- [2] Tie Defender Squadrons: Fame and Fortune
    -Nebulon B: Cherubim
    ----- [2] Tie Defender Squadrons: Silver and Gold
    [u]Planetary:[/u]

22. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    GM Approved

Name: Moss Yab?ia

Prefered System: Bothawui

Race: Bothan

Appearance: Golden brown fur with a dark stripe running across his shoulder and down his back

Bio: Moss Yab?ia rose through the ranks of the Bothan Defence Fleet based purely on his skill, a rarity among the Bothan people. His grand father had been a collaborator with Emperor Palpatine?s New Order and his entire family had been shamed. Despite this, Moss was determined to succeed and threw himself heart and soul into every lesson he received at the academy. So much so that his teachers couldn?t find a good reason to hold him back. He excelled in tactics, often thinking of plans that his professors would have to run through simulator before realising how successful they could be. He finally received his first command at 29 and over the next 30 years brought glory back to his family name. Now he commands the entire Bothan Defence Fleet. He has successfully brought glory back to his family name, now he plans to restore the glory of the Bothan people, to gain their rightful place as rulers of the Galaxy.

Leaders:
    Besk Nay?ek ? President of the Bothan Coalition
    General Eshka Sei?ra ? Head of Bothan Spynet
    General Fenn Plot?skra ? Head of Bothan Army

Bothawui
    Income: 1750
    Bonuses: Bothan Spynet (Able to see fleet movements and policies of other factions)

23. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    ooc: I forgot when i posetd my sheet that i'd changed what Maya looked like. So here is the updated Maya:
    [image=http://www.serenityverse.com/images/albums/userpics/10001/545.jpg] [image=http://www.serenityverse.com/images/albums/userpics/10001/45.jpg]

The KPMV is now a DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC

ic: Queen Maya Yubari
    The Balcony of the Vorzyd V Palace
    One Standard Hour Earlier

"People of the Vorzyd V... people of Polis Massa. I speak to you to share my plans for the advancement of our union. Today I announce the opening of the first Assemblies of our two great planets that will meet in a grand Parliament. Do not think though that I am standing down as your Queen for that is not the case, I will still play my part in the forwarding of our great nations, A NEW VORZYD V. A NEW POLIS MASSA! THE CHAINS OF THE MASSES UNTIED!" Maya shouted these words and the crowds screamed with joy, with passion. She walked to leave the balcony when chants started to fill the air.

"Yubari! Yubari! Yubari! Yubari! Yubari! Yubari! Yubari! Yubari! YUBARI! YUBARI! YUBARI!"

She turned and walked back to the edge of the balcony and raised her arms.

"I am only a simple woman who lives to serve her people in her crusade to rescue her people! I was once as you are now and I promise you this we will take these riches from the Oligarchs only for you--for all of you! One day you too will inherit these treasures! When they fire those cannons, when the crowds sing of glory, it is not just for me, not just for the KPMV, but for all of us! All of us!"

[b]
    ic: Queen Maya Yubari[/b][i]
    Vorzyd V Palace Grand Hallway[/i]

[b]Maya [/b]was admiring a beautiful plant created by the Polis Massians from a fossil found in the dig. A rare specimin that had taken alot of bargaining to secure. She could see [b]Trass [/b]and [b]Diego [/b]walking towards her and she started to walk towards her husband, it had been two weeks since she last saw him. She stopped in her tracks as a blaster bolt soared past her head and hit into the plant she had been watching.

What happened after was so quick that [b]Maya [/b]could not comprehend it. She was on the floor with her handmaiden guarding her and [b]Trass [/b]was screaming for medical help as he crouched over [b]Diego[/b], there was blood. Lots of it. The sight of this caused a rush to [b]Maya[/b]'s head and she quickly passed out.

[b]tag: S-L[/b]

[b]Control Mode:[/b]
    [b]
    Starting Balance: [/b]3000

[b]Balance:[/b] 3000

[b]Purchases:[/b]
    VSD - FREE
    Nebulon-B Escort Frigate x2 - 2500

[b]
    Final Balance:[/b] 0500
    [b]
    KPMV Fleet Status:[/b]
    VSD [i]HMS Serenity[/i]
    Nebulon-B Escort Frigate [i]HMS Majesty[/i]
    Nebulon-B Escort Frigate [i]HMS Hispania[/i]
    [b]
    KPMV Planet Status: [/b]

[b][color=indigo]Polis Massa:[/color][/b]
    VSD [i]HMS Serenity[/i]

[color=blue][b]Vorzyd V:[/b][/color]
    Nebulon-B Escort Frigate [i]HMS Majesty[/i]
    Nebulon-B Escort Frigate [i]HMS Hispania[/i]

24. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    IC: R5-19

R5-19 was honoured to be in the presence of their droid leader, even if it was via a hololink. Organics claimed that sentience in a machine was impossible. But W-3P0, and those under his rule were the exception. Ar-five replayed the day where he had been set aside, safe from the hands of Organics, and placed in one of the governmental think tanks. He was now the leader of this particular think tank. He whistled at the Hologram, knowing the droid would understand him. THE PLANS FOR THIS CERTAIN SHIP WOULD TAKE AT LEAST 2 STANDARD WEEKS TO RESEARCH. WE BELIEVE THAT, IF WE IMPLEMENT A DROID BRAIN THAN WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO REFINE THE EVENTUAL COST OF THESE SHIPS TO 2000 GALACTIC CREDITS. COMMENTS?

Tag: SephyCloneNo15

Probe Reports from Geonosis, Ryloth and Tatooine

Geonosis
    Income: 1000
    Bonus: 15% off of all Droid infantry purchases.
    Defenses: 5 Tri-Fighter squadrons, Alpha, Beta, Charlie, Delta, and Echo. 1 Droid Control Ship, Valiant

Ryloth
    Bonus: 10 canisters of Ryll produced per turn. These can be traded or sold with other players.
    Defenses: 2 Correllian Corvettes, Neutac, and Alpha Strike

Tatooine
    Income: 1250
    Bonuses: This world is controlled by the Hutts. This can be good or bad.
    Defense: None.

IC: Captain Vigo

Vigo smiled as he heard the reply of the Emperor. Everything was going to plan.

[i]"Captain Vigo, this is Nathaniel Yark, Emperor of the Kamino, I am on board the Star Destroyer you are looking at. Please state your affiliation, if any, or otherwise get out of my system."[/i]
    ?If you do not mind, Emperor, I would prefer that we speak in person. My employer has a important request. I promise you no treachery.?

Tag: Jango10

IC: Jeremy Hunt, Prime Minister of Uko.

[i]"Greetings old friend. We have been trading partners for as long as I can remember, back when the Old Republic was still in power. Times are different now, and yet our friendship remains. But recent events, including our secession from the Galactic Empire has placed a strain on our trading. Tariffs placed on your shipments by the Empire have cost us dearly, and we have been forced to cut back on our spending. Being your number one customer, I'm sure this has strained your planet financially has well. It pains me to see your planet is still under the control of the Galactic Empire that does nothing but exploit you. If you should be attacked, protection of the Empire will be delayed, if it even comes at all. But under the protection and control of the Kaminoian Empire, you would have an ally close by that would be able to defend your planet properly. Exports from your planet would be spread throughout the Kaminoian Empire, and we would put no tariffs on you trading with planets outside our control. Does this proposition sound fair to you?"[/i]
    ?This sounds like a fair proposition. But the Empire is necessary to ensure we survive. We need their protection. It is all very well offering us tariff free trade, but what protection could you give us??

Tag: Jango10

[hr]

IC: Assassin #185
    185 swore. Not only had the assassination attempted failed, she had just spent the last 24 hours running from the authorities. This was not good. Her master would punish her. She knew what she had to do. She took the capsule from the pouch on her belt, and bit down on it at once. The last thought she had was that she died a failure
    Tag: Sword_Of_Raditz

[hr]

IC: Jonathon Fritya, Communication Officer
    ?Ensign, take this down, and forward it to Kian Sharpe?s datapad.? Fritya stated. The ensign nodded, and Jonathon started to speak. ?No response was received from either Pantaloomin or Ruan, Sir. However, we have enclosed the planetary stats. We believe they are occupied by the Ssi-Ruuvi Imperium. I have also enclosed the responses from Foerost, Cinagar, and Metellos, as well as enclosing their stats."

Pantaloomin
    Bonus: Due to the many casinos, and luxury resorts, 500 extra is gained every turn. This is not adjustable like income.
    Defenses: 5

25. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    IC: Nathaniel Yark

?If you do not mind, Emperor, I would prefer that we speak in person. My employer has a important request. I promise you no treachery.?

"Proceed with docking procedures, Captain Vigo," Nathan said. "But I only want you and one of your bodyguards on board my ship. No one else needs to be aboard that shuttle."

Nathan was very wary about this visitor, and frankly he didn't trust him. It seemed kind of odd, appearing out of nowhere like that. And the strangest thing was, how did this Vigo know that he wished to destroy the Empire.

"Target that dreadnaught," Nathan ordered. "If they try anything stupid, I want you to hit it with everything we have."

[b]IC: Lama Su[/b]

[i]?This sounds like a fair proposition. But the Empire is necessary to ensure we survive. We need their protection. It is all very well offering us tariff free trade, but what protection could you give us??[/i]

"The Empire is spread too thin to worry about a planet on the Outer Rim such as yourself," Lama Su replied. "But with an ally like the Kaminoian Empire, an ally in close proximity, your planet will be much better protected. Kamino is the largest and best producer of fighting clones in the galaxy. Before long we will have the grandest army in the galaxy. Now let me ask you this, who do you want on your side? An Empire on the verge of collapse? Or one on the verge of greatness?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.