main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA ---System Wide Message to all Members---

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Tater_Vader, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tater_Vader

Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    **Attention Please**

While its currently under construction the web page is now operational please visit:

Our Website and Choose your Destiny

Please note its currently in development and the issues present are being addressed.

At this time if you wish to experience the consequences of either decision you are given to chose form please hit "Refresh" on your browser and choose the other side..

Thank you for your patience.

--Tater Vader out--

LONG LIVE THE HELMET!!!!

2. Ischade

Ischade Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    first of all...let me say that it's awesome that you're getting this up so quickly.........i've always been one of those people that get thoroughly annoyed at those "site under construction" or place holder pages...that sit for months...i figure after about a month...if there isn't anything there??....there most likely isn't ever going to be...whoever set it up just wanted to say "look..aren't we cool...we've got a website"...when all they've really got is the space for one...uhmmm....errr...i'm gonna blame feeling like crap and being aggravated at having to miss my extern hours this morning cuz i couldn't breathe...for the above rant..............

anyway....only issue that i have...well...potential issue if it's already one of the things you're aware of and working on....is the size....i think only about a third of the page fits in my window at a time....and oh yeah...i'm running IE (if that's helpful information)

anyhow...
    meow...

me*

3. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Sweet Josh, I dig it. =D= (Loads fine in Netscape by the way). Now we're all official and stuff!

4. Darth_Tater_Vader

May 25, 2005

Thanks for the input, all input is good, I also run in IE, my question is what resolution do you your monitor at? the website is currently designed for 1024x768 resolution, if many more have this same issue I can fairly easily adjust the flash page down to an 800x600 resolution.

I hope you get to feeling better Ischade its terrible to be sick mid-summer :(

Tater Vader out for now

5. Darth_Tater_Vader

May 25, 2005
    Fellow citizens, I am making a formal request for all pictures concerning this group at events, Comicon '04 and '05, Celebration 3, RoTS Premier, Saber practices, LosCon '04, and anything else anyone thinks could make a good addition to the website, if possible please categorise these pictures into seperate events.

Thanks again for everyones participation!!!

Tater Vader- signing off

Look up my user info for an email address please =D

6. derekm001

derekm001 Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2005
    It's actually against web design rules to post a under construction place holder pages. Anyone who creates websites as part of a business (like mine) won't do that, or at least will only have a place holder up for a day or two while they are in the purchase phase of the domain name and configuring the site to the new domain as part of the finalizing of the site for publication.

I usually create the entire website layout, with some content, before posting anything or publishing the site URL. Then publish the URL after the site has already been published so when folks hit the URL their is something there. You loose potential visitors with the use of placeholder pages.

Josh did it correctly, publishing the flash intro the next day. My only issue is the loading time. A website's main page should load in under 1 minutes and/or under 1 MB in total size. It affects those with dialup the most. Otherwise folks will cancel the page thinking their is an error or nothing their. It took a little over 3 minutes to load on my wireless laptop. I havn't checked it on wired desktop. I wasn't sure if it was even loading... the gray bar didn't move or indicate loading. I almost closed the page, then it poped in.

Great Job Josh... I look forward to the final layout with content... I won't say finished product since when dealing with websites they are never finished. At least the good ones aren't. Constantly being updated. That's what makes or breaks a website.

7. Darth_Tater_Vader

May 25, 2005
    Aye, I am aware of the progress bar issue, I need to sit down and look at the code again I probably missed an action in there, about the load time, it will be shorter this is just something pretty to look at for now, when all said and done the flash animation / header will be just that.

Thanks for the compliments as well all, little by little between my artwork, work, saber making, saber designing, image designing, 3d animation, working on costumes etc etc, I will have the web site done soon :)

8. The-Bald-Wookiee

Feb 13, 2005
    Missed an action in the code, that's exactly what I was thinking. But be sure to de-louse the framistan, and if that doesn't work you'll just have to renooberate the gruntlesqueak. Which, as we all know, will usually do the trick.

Any more computing help you know where to find me.... :-B

9. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    All I can say is that I like it very much.

Will like it more with burning bodies.

10. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    < But be sure to de-louse the framistan, and if that doesn't work you'll just have to renooberate the gruntlesqueak. Which, as we all know, will usually do the trick. >

busted, you so totally made that up. everyone knows you have to defenestrate the whatchamathingie.

jeez, some people... ;)

11. Ischade

Ischade Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005

well.....You...know that...and I...know that...(so does Josh obviously).....just some people??....don't seem to have a clue.....(i'd offer them a quarter to buy one...but i don't think it would be enough)

and thanks Josh.....i hope i do too...(as Justin can attest to...me being a sick whiny cat in any season....sucks...big time)

and the page pretty much fits the window on my comp....so i'll check the res on Justin's...

meow

me*

12. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I so, like, totally thought that the thing you defenestrated was the ishkabibble. Shows what I know.

13. The-Bald-Wookiee

Feb 13, 2005
    Ah yes, that's a common mistake, the only real way to handle an ishkabibble is counterreticulation, but you have to have a mod-x entwibbelator for that.

14. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    < Ah yes, that's a common mistake, the only real way to handle an ishkabibble is counterreticulation, but you have to have a mod-x entwibbelator for that. >

:oops:
    i fully forgot about that.
    what was i thinking?

15. Emperors-hand

Emperors-hand Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Well I love the website. Also just wanted to add that it is very cruel of all of you to be mentioning whatchamathingies around computer illiterate people like me. I totally thought greg was talking about something real (sigh) lol :p

--mara

16. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    You have done well my boy. Your Sith family is very proud of you. I might even forget the lack of burning bodies, for today.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.