main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Systems and planets???

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by medleyoz, Jul 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medleyoz

medleyoz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Hey. I am confused. In ANH Tarkin or somebody says they have entered the Alderaan system- I thought Alderaan was a planet.
    they say the same for Yavin too??.
    So why are they called systems??
    Is Naboo part of the Naboo system??

2. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    The solar systems those planets are part of were named after the planets themselves. Or the planets were named after...them...or something like that...

Like our entire solar system would probably be called the Earth system. As for Naboo, I'm not quite sure.

3. The___

The___ Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    I would imagine that the systems are named after the inhabited planet (or most inhabited) in their system.

Like Jedi_Master201 said, I believe our solar system would be called the Earth system if it were in SW.

And I do believe I've heard Naboo's system of planets called the Naboo System in a SW commercial :)

4. GreenGreatWarrior

GreenGreatWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    I think they are named after the largest planet/moon/sun, thats why ours is called the Solar System (Solar meaning Sun)

5. Marbe

Marbe Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    GreenGreatWarrior:
    Ours is probably called the solar system because since we are the only inhabited planet that we know about there's really no point in calling it anything else. Notice how we call other stars just stars while we call our own star a sun.

The____:
    I can believe that. Such as Correllia being named after its sun, Correll, which is in the Correllian System, in the Correllian Sector. Or Borleias in the Pyria System.

6. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    As said before, its simply for the dominant planet/name of the star that the systems get their names.

7. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    "And I do believe I've heard Naboo's system of planets called the Naboo System in a SW commercial"

Doesn't Amidala in TPM say in the Senate "The Naboo system has been invaded by the armies of the Trade" ?

also "The chair recognizes the Senator from the souvereign system of Naboo" ?

my memory might not be perfect....

8. The___

The___ Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    "Doesn't Amidala in TPM say in the Senate 'The Naboo system has been invaded by the armies of the Trade'?"

I'm sure your memory is perfect :)

I just have a really distinct memory of a commercial (I think it was for pizza hut or something), where a Amidala (though not Portman's voice) is contacting Jedi in Naboo's emergency: "....The Naboo System has been invaded by force!"

I guess the commercial's line made more of an impact on me than the actual scripted line! 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.