main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

T in the Park!!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by Benny_Blanco, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benny_Blanco

Benny_Blanco Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002

Anyone here at T in the Park? I can`t BELIEVE how good the weather was for both days!! Definitely one of the best ones I`ve been to! (although 99 just beats it!)

2. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    Hey Benny

did you see the bad ska band that opened the main stage at T in the Park 99...... the ones on before Three Colours Red, Joe Strummer, Stereophonics and Blur ??

[face_thatwasme, thatwas]
    :D

Didn't go this year cos I had other stuff happening ? but my pals just got back and they look like they've been sunbathing in the Seychelles for a week...

Scorchio !

3. Benny_Blanco

Jul 21, 2002
    Impressive, MrDankDonk!!

Yeah, I was totally BROWN when I got back on Monday morning, I know a few people who had to get treated for sunstroke when they got back!!

I found this REALLY cool beach bar, they`d brought loads of sand, plam trees and deckchairs, they`d got a DJ playing, and there was loads of people dancing on the sand with their shoes off, it was CLASS!

4. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    what was the best band, then?

but if you say Coldplay, I may well have to ignore you next time we meet :D

5. Benny_Blanco

Jul 21, 2002
    I saw part of Underworlds set, they were good, and the Inspirals were GREAT!! I only went on the Sunday, not the Saturday, and I`m kinda annoyed now cos REM were meant to be unbelievable! I just found out on the Sunday as well that Keith Prodigy had been doing a solo set the day before!!!

Come to think about it, has anyone here heard any of his solo stuff? Is it any good? Is it "Prodigy-ish"?

EDIT sorry, but Coldplay WERE pretty good! And closing T with Flower of Scotland was pretty amazing too!!

6. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    Did The Darkness play?

Were they gemme?

7. Benny_Blanco

Jul 21, 2002

Apparently they were ***t-hot, I think they opened on the Sunday, I was busy on a beer-quest when I first went in......how annoying is it queuing up for tokens?!!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.