main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA T-Minus BLANK and counting till EPIII I think it's time for a sit down.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Deadpool, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    50 Days and counting

It's been sugested we have a meeting of Rogues at the spagetti factory.

Which is fine. But I think it's time we had that meeting we've always talked about:

A viewing of Star Wars.

At least one of them. (if not all of them)

I'm still suprised we have not all sat down and watched these films that brought us together in the first place.

After EPIII these films will be forever changed. It's our last chance to watch them before the circle is complete.

We could bust out the Star Wars Trivia and proclaim a champion while were at it. (holding a two legged sack race in the event of a tie.) and then hold a new championship game every 6 months.

all we need is a time and place.

What say you?

2. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    I says awesome idea. I'm down.

3. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    yea, thanx dead for this topic.

what ever happend to our marathon night?

i'm down for spaghetti factory.

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    You must do what you feel is right, of course. :p

I'd love to do a movie night or dinner or trivia, or whatever. Most Friday and Sat. evenings are good for me as are Sundays. Just decide on a time and a place and I'll see if I can come. It's up to you Rogues though.

5. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    I think dinner, a marathon of movies, and Star Wars Trivia contest is a must. If we are going to see the movies and play the game, why not just have it at someone's place and then we order pizzas? I can bring Yoda Soda if everyone likes? ;) How about we shoot for April 16th? All we need is a place, and DVD player. I can bring the game and all the Eps on DVD (Widescreen of course)

6. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    i'm not doing anything this friday but next week i am cooking dinner for my g/f.

7. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    No go for me. April and May will be extreemly bussy. April, voluntier classes for the Railroad Museum. May, Filming Act 5 to Macbeth.

8. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    I work the rest of this week, and all of next week, but the two weeks after that I'm totally free. I'd offer my place, but it's kinda small. I also hate driving, and I'd drop a couple of bucks for gas to hitch a ride with someone.

Also, as far as I know April 16 should be completely open.

9. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Far as I know the 16th is open for me. I think Devins idea of ordering up so pizza is good if were gonna watch the movies..why waste time trying to cordinate a sit down meal somewhere when we can get down to the business at hand.

Also I dunno if any of you are down for it...but Sin City comes Friday (tomorrow) and this thing looks amazing. if anyone's up for a quick movie meeting let me know and we can make that happen

10. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    The weekend of the 16th is bad for me. My best friend from So Cal is getting married and I think I am going to go. Still working on a flight or other travel arrangement.

If anything changes, you will be the first to know of course

11. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    like joe i will also be free in 2 weeks.

12. DarthRidiculous

DarthRidiculous Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2000
    Hi All,

It's been some time since I let myself get sucked in to the boards, but as the date is fast approaching it seemed like a good time to take the plunge again.

I was first in line for Ep I at the Century Arden in May 1999 (ahh... the sidewalk). While it looks like lining up for tix is no longer necessary thanks to Fandango and its ilk, my wife and I are still planning on attending a midnight show of ROTS and so we're curious to know if there is a "preferred" theater in town to go to. We're down in Elk Grove these days, where we saw AOTC at the UA Laguna. The nicest theater I know of in the area would probably be the newish Century Promenade at Greenback & I-80, but it would be just as much fun to see ROTS with a bunch of peeps from TFn and so we're actually as interested in that just as much as in which theater we end up going to.

I did some poking around, and haven't seen any real threads on this yet (apart from this one, which seems closest). If a new thread seems desirable, say so and I'll make one up if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Being married with lots of kids makes a marathon view of the saga a bit much on our timetable, but Grandma has agreed to watch the chilluns for the duration on May 18/19 so that we can have one last hurrah at midnight for ROTS. All the same, our thanks for the hospitality.

Oh, and here's something fun for you all. The first pic below is from August 1977, at the Sacramento 6 Drive-In on the very night I first saw Star Wars. Then, there's a pic of most of our kids today (the oldest being too "grown up" at 12 to want to let daddy arm her with a lightsaber, of course). It's rough knowing we're probably going to have to tell the younger boys (7 and 5) that they won't be able to see ROTS for a while yet!

[image=http://img108.exs.cx/img108/3933/0819773ch.jpg] [image=http://img108.exs.cx/img108/9549/kids4ba.jpg]

It's hard to believe it's been so long, and harder still to believe that the anticipation is almost over after all these years. It's good to be back, with just 47 days of our lives to go until we get to wrap this all up with a nice, tidy bow (until GL changes something else, of course!).

Best wishes, and I'm looking forward to talking more with you all. [:D]

Take care,
    DR

13. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    So shall we do dinner at TEH SPAGHETTI FACTORY on the 16th, and then plan another meeting from there?

14. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    16th is good.

anyone else?

15. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    Not for me. I got training all day at the RR museum. In fact all this month.

16. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    That should a topic of the meeting...planning out which theater to see the Midnight Show of Ep III.

We didn't see AOTC as a group. I saw it with BrightSith (not planned just happened that way) remember him?.

This time we WILL see it as a Group. That's an order (an empty order is still an order)

I think we should skip the factory Joe and just order some food and watch the movies and play games.

Did anyone get that new DVD Trival Pursuit yet??

is anyone up for all three of the orginal trilogy for this meeting? if not I suggest one movie and the clone wars Dvd.

17. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Okay, whose house shall we destroy?

18. DarthRidiculous

May 23, 2000
    Regrettably, mine would be too small--we held a LOTR festivus back when FOTR came out on extended DVD, and in our little 1,300 sq foot home, 10 guests + 2 parents + 4 kids = disasterus maximus.

Plus, there's the whole "let's not have a bunch of drunkards and whores over again" angle. I'm sure that wouldn't apply to any of you, though. (ducking) [face_laugh]

However, I'm happy to sponge off of the hospitality of total strangers, and I'll bring the chips! :cool:

Take care,
    DR

19. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    "let's not have a bunch of drunkards and whores over again"

That was your house? I really need to keep a journal of my visits.

sorry about that. I did manage to "water" your house plants though..so it's not all bad.

20. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Well, lets think of something. Either the Factory or a place to eat Pizza, watch DVDs, and play SW Trivia Pursuit (where I kick everyone of your arses) and have a merry old time.

21. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I'm counting on your to do just that big guy. which is why I was going to suggest a 2nd and 3rd place...which means I still wont win a dang thing but eh it's all in good fun.

22. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Sounds good to me. We could have a prize for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in the Trivial Pursuit game. ;)

But, we still need a place to do this ...

23. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Can the prize for whatever place I get be the Aayla Secura Unleashed figure? >_>

As far as prizes go, anyone who wants to play can put in a little cash (no more than $5, we'll say) and the granddaddy of collecting (Mr. LDV) can pick out some cool swag.

24. DarthRidiculous

May 23, 2000
    LDV,

About that SW trivia contest: my intention is no less than to humble you savagely, and verily make you run home crying to your mommy and your stuffed Wicket doll.

Preferably with soiled Jar-Jar Underoos. :cool:

/throws down the gauntlet
    /Har!
    /gulp

As for the meal, I'd probably lean more towards the outing being at someone's house just so that there was more time for kibbutzing over SW film(s) than could be had by being out at a restaurant somewhere. I suppose the actual goal of the night should be decided, first and foremost--is it for grins and giggles while watching our favorite movie(s), or for socializing with our peeps about our favorite movie(s)?

Take care,
    DR

25. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to make the 16th for a viewing, food-partaking, fun night.

I will, however, do everything in my power (that's a lot I know) to be at the opening night wherever you guys decide to have it. We should make sure to decide soon and get tickets as they are sure to sell out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.