main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

T-shirt idea

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by wicket_the_ewok, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH-ICE-C

DARTH-ICE-C Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    They just keep getting better. I want one no matter which design is chosen. I'd like to vote for using our user names too. It just seems to be more interesting.

2. MasterJediShake

MasterJediShake Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2003
    I'll buy one when the final design is choosen. Im not particular to any design as long as we stay away from any eye sore colors.

3. Jedi_Master_Rssoh

Jedi_Master_Rssoh Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2002
    I like design #8.

Suggestions:
    1.) Make the website addy extend to the edges of the "A"s only, not beyond.

2.) What's the possibility of having the names printed in smaller type on the sleeve?

3.) If the names have to be on the back, how about dropping it below the back design and maybe putting them in the Auerbesh(sp?) font?

I like the black shirts. The red didn't do much for me either.

My $.02

- J'onn

4. YO-SOLO

YO-SOLO Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2002
    I think my favorite design is the Anti-Trekkie theme: It seems more tounge-in-cheek to me. It would be so funny to see a Star Wars Geek swagger with an air of superiority.

But seriously, how about something that looks like the banner on the opening thread thingy (you know, the thing-a-ma-bob at the top of this page depicting Yoda in the swamp and the flag of Acadiana) That would seem more personalized for the region. It would seem more idenifiable to those visiting the website for the first time.

One more question. What about the intellectual property issue... I'd hate for us to get prosecuted for perpetuating pride in this particular pattern.

As for purchasing (I'll lay off the aliteration now), I would have to think hard before buying. I just don't seem to have all that much "disposable income" anymore...

I hope it's not wrong to put my two cents in this discussion and keep my other $15.00 in my pocket.

5. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    here is tshirt 9and tshirt 10
    i think i sent out a mass email with the shirt design but i dont think it worked.
    i took the suggestion that SOLO gave, however it will cost more with more colors on it.
    Don't worry about the flag, it won't look like that when we finalize the shirt.

6. Ubigod

Ubigod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 16, 2003
    I like the idea that Solo had with the banner. The best way I see it is to crop the Fanforce Acadiana (with the logs in the background) and use that instead of the full banner. It would be nice if the logs could be just outlined with the moss hanging down.Have Fanforce Acadiana and the logs be in the same color. Have that on a dark green shirt.

I would suggest a flag that shows movement (waves) instead of the flat one.

I think design 9 is better than 10. 10 looks too clutered.

I do know the more I look at design 9 and 10 the more I think that there is too much writing on the back.
    Personally I wouuld cut out the
    we would be honored if you join us

and rewrite the rest to be more straight to the point:
    Fanforce Acadiana is an oficial chapter of TheForce.net's Fanforce. FAnforce is the celebration of the fan community
    Or something to that effect.
    If you don't think rewriting the text is acceptable, I would then definitely rework the font and font size to try to get it to look like the opening rolling text. And have the text's total size be smaller in height.

And if we get them in bulk, then the indiviual names would have to be put on after we recieve them, or can the site do that before shipment?

Just some suggestions,

Ubi

7. jmayeux

jmayeux Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    I love T-shirt #4. It isn't overdone and well it just looks more classy and well thought out. And I would rather black for the shirt. So it is just great all around.

8. Bakh-tor_01

Bakh-tor_01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Me? I like #4 the best; when you put words on it like #8 it gets to busy. Maybe we could combine #4 and #6, have the "fanforce acadiana official member" wraped around the split logo. Or at the top in place of the name. Just an idea. I Like the Arubesh lettering idea too.

9. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
  10. TheForst

TheForst Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    Impressive... Most Impressive.

11. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    No with the big flag. I think what they had in mind was more like this:

[image=http://bellsouthpwp.net/a/h/aherpin/Flag_Text_http.gif]

Still, I don't think so. I like # 9 best.

Unless someone can do the logs & cypress tree with moss and a waving flag in mono-crome (white on black hopefully), let's NIX that idea. I like it, but would like to see expertly executed.

Finally, things I really like so far:
    * Usernames on back, center/top
    * Black T-Shirt & white writing
    * Front design (Simple and nice graphic by Jedi_Master_Rssoh )
    * Half Rebel/Imperial with red & blue (Red, white leters, and blue = Patriotic to me :) )

The text on back can come OR go, but I personally don't think it is too much. But I want everyone to be proud of this shirt. And, thanks so much for everything wicket_the_ewok.

12. Bakh-tor_01

Jul 30, 2003
    Yeah! what he said.

13. Poseidon11

Poseidon11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    I vote for design #4. Design 8-10 is just too much IMO. Maybe design 4 could incorporate the web addy under the fanforce logo. If anyone was interested in joining, they could find all the info from shirts 8-10 there.

I would wear #4 just about anywhere but I couldn't see myself wearing the others except to meetings.

But that's just my opinion and I support whatever the majority decides upon.

14. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    #4 is definatly not a bad choice & you bring up a good point. Perhaps all the text would be too much for the casual wear. I tend to agree there. However to generate interest, the text serves a recruiting purpose.

However, I suppose without the text filled back side, the shirt will still stimulate conversation & word of mouth is always the best advertisement. We should begin putting these designs to vote.

15. TheForst

TheForst Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    I like #4 too, but I think it should say something else besides "Rebel" and "Imperial" by the symbols. It really doesn'y need to be there; everyone knows what those symbols are for. Perhaps our names would be better , or nothing at all in those spaces. IMHO

16. Hudel

Hudel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    I agree with TheForst.

I like #4 the best, drop the Rebel/Imp titles, and add names.

I think we are all agreed that our usernames are the way to go....Right? No offense, but I've only met a few of you and only once at that (at the last meeting) and if you saw someone walking around with "Derek" as the name you would have no clue as to who I am. If the shirt said "Hudel" you would know me from my posts.

I also think/agree that Wicket deserves a big round of applause for taking this on and coming up with some great ideas.

/clap

:D

17. crazy_wizard

crazy_wizard Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2004
    i also vote for the edited #4

:cool:

18. Bakh-tor_01

Jul 30, 2003
    /clap

Usernames definitely. Best idea yet, Hudel.
    Count my vote as for the edited #4

19. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    thanks for the compliments. i'll will have another design by the end of the weekend as early as saturday.

20. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    here is another one. the two pictures on the rebel half are suns as representation of the two suns of tatoonie. shirt12

21. TheForst

TheForst Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    Well this is exactly what we asked for so... perfect!

22. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Wow! You rock. I like it. Stop the press. Let's ORDER now. However, Lord_Sidious had an idea. We could vote at the next meeting. I believe, what you can do, wicket_the_ewok, is pick the three most popular Ts. Print pictures and lable A, B, C, AND leave them on display at the meeting. Then, those who show up at the meeting can vote AND discuss any last minute alterations. I don't think you need to submit another design. The TwinSun version is the best, by FAR. You should go into business :)

23. DARTH-ICE-C

DARTH-ICE-C Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    Impressive. Most impressive. GR8 job wicket.

24. wicket_the_ewok

May 16, 2002
    Look at the picture he is holding, he stole my idea.
    picture
    It's from Comic-con. you can see more pictures at starwars.com

25. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    That sucks! Sue. lol

I hate when that happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.