main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver T-Shirt Idea

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma, Dec 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2002
    Hey guys,

I was thinking of having t-shirts customized for our group.

This would be a great thing to wear during club activities (like the IMAX Experience)...we won't only be sporting cool shirts; but we would be able to advertise the club and possibly add a few more members to our ranks.

So, if any of you have any ideas for designs, send them in. Just remember these simple rules:
    1. Keep it simple, yet interesting.
    2. When you make a design, put it against an all black or all white shirt.
    3. Keep the words,message,phrases short and clear.
    4. Make a different design for the front and the back of the shirt; yet the theme should still be the same.

The cost of the shirt depends on how complicated the design is.

2. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Just chiming in to say that t-shirts are a good idea. I had t-shirts made for our club when we first started.
    Silkscreen t-shirts are the cheapest way to go. For ours it was 2 colours, logo on front and back (simple, but I?d like to update it soon). Plus we got a cheaper rate when the artist put his ad on the sleeve.
    I'd also suggest teaming up with a charity. That way you can ask for a cheaper rate from whomever you get to make the t-shirts.
    Our t-shirts cost $10. $6.50 each to make the t-shirt?s, the rest goes to charity.

3. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I think this is a wicked idea, Antonio. In fact, I was absolutely blown away when you suggested this idea to me via PM yesterday afternoon. Well done! ;)

I think you?ve covered virtually all of the basics in your initial post about a logo design for the t-shirt. But I do have just one question though: in what medium (E.g.: computer file or hard copy) do you need the logo design submissions in? :confused:

4. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    A logo eh? Better call in Gaylen. ;)

Seriously I'm all for it :D

OOoooh maybe we could draw a character for it!!

5. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    "Vote now! Vote now!"

This is a great idea!

6. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Nov 9, 2002
    Any medium would be welcome... as long as it is clear and easy to distinguish/read :)

Let's just get the designs in and then let the entire group have a vote on it.

7. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Nov 9, 2002
    I just spoke with a guy who can do this shirt for us. He's been doing some cool Star Wars Shirts for quite a long time.

I know 'coz I bought ten shirts from this guy.

He said that he could do around four different colours on each side (front/back) and can do some writings on the sleeves.

8. MASTER_OBI-DAN

Jul 30, 2002
    ?Any medium would be welcome...?

Excellent. :)

?[i]Let's just get the designs in and then let the entire group have a vote on it.[/i]?

I concur. [face_wink]
    [hr]
    ?[i]The cost of the shirt depends on how complicated the design is[/i]

Of the ten [i]t-shirts[/i] that you purchased from this gentleman, what was the price range from the simplest designed [i]t-shirt[/i] to the most complicated? [face_confused] Also, as I'm sure we could probably put together a sizable order for him, would we get any reduced pricing based on the volume of our order? [face_confused] Also, just speaking for myself, I'm sure I would definitely be interested in buying at least two or three these [b][color=darkblue]Chapter[/b][/color] [i]t-shirts[/i]. [face_grin]
    [hr]
    ?[i]He said that he could do around four different colours on each side (front/back) and can do some writings on the sleeves.[/i]?

Okay, the following is just an idea and not something that we?ll necessarily go with, but I was thinking just now that the [i]Clone Insignia[/i] (seen in the image below) might work on one of the sleeves (as its quite simple and [b][color=darkblue]Tipoca City-related[/b][/color]). [face_happy]

[image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/jangojangosm.jpg]

But let?s hear some more ideas; what would everyone like to see on the [i]t-shirt[/i]? [face_confused]

9. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Nov 9, 2002
    They were all pretty much the same design:

A written logo in front (e.g. "clone army); left pocket
    And a large logo design on the back (like a clone trooper helmet)

I believe that these were around $10 more or less...

I think this was the same one I wore in the DVD screening we had...

10. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Nov 9, 2002
    So, did any of you guys come up with a design or logo for this yet???

11. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I think that a T shirt would be great for your group folks :)

12. MASTER_OBI-DAN

Jul 30, 2002
    Hi, everyone! :D Alright, Antonio and myself are quite anxious to get ball rolling in terms of our Tipoca City t-shirts, as it is such a great idea. I?ve been doing some research over the last few days, in an attempt to educate myself on all of this. Specifically, I?ve been looking at a local producer named Kraftmedia. They have a number of large clients (like UBC and SFU) and I?ve been really impressed with their product.

I?ve talked to them on the phone a couple of times now, and gotten some basic questions out of the way. The long and short of it is this, we can basically get anything made. We can have any image put on any coloured t-shirt using one of three methods (silk-screening, heat transfer, embroidery). However, the more complex the t-shirt design is, the higher the price will be. Also, they?re looking for a minimum order of 24 t-shirts; personally, I think we could put this together easily ? I myself, want 4 of these t-shirts. In addition, as long as it?s the same design, we can mix up the order. For example, we could get 18 t-shirts, 4 sweatshirts, 2 golf shirts and of varied colours as well. :D

But I can't stress enough that we?re just researching this right now and definitely keeping our options open. Antonio, if your producer has a website, can you post a link, please. :) Also, if any of you know of any good local producers, please don?t hesitate to mention them. ;)

My primary goal in this entire endeavour is to get something that is high quality/professional-looking made for us. ;)

And as Antonio has suggested, one of the primary things that we have to figure out first is what we want on the t-shirt and where. ;) Personally, I have a couple of ideas; I?m not married to them at all, but I want to throw them out there for everyone.

[b][color=darkblue][u]Concept One:[/u][/color][/b][hr][/blockquote]
    [li]A [b][color=darkblue]navy[/b][/color] t-shirt.[/li]
    [li]The [i]Clone Project Insignia[/i] (seen below) embroidered over the left breast of the t-shirt.[/li]
    [image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/jangojangosm.jpg] [image=http://www26.brinkster.com/crimnet/swicons/cloneproject.gif]
    [li]Then, have ?[i]Tipoca City[/i]? and possibly ?[i]Vancouver, BC, Canada[/i]? embroidered right under the [i]Clone Project Insignia[/i] using the classic [b]SW[/b] font.[/li]

This is very doable and should be fairly professional-looking. [face_wink]
    [blockquote][hr][b][color=darkblue][u]Concept Two:[/u][/color][/b][hr][/blockquote]
    [li]A [b][color=ghostwhite]white[/b][/color] t-shirt.[/li]
    [li]This great action image of [b]Jango Fett[/b] and [b]Obi-Wan Kenobi[/b] (seen below) heat-transferred on the back of the t-shirt. And have ?[i]Tipoca City[/i]? and ?[i]Vancouver, BC, Canada[/i]? embossed near the top and bottom of the image, respectively.[/li]
    [image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/jango_obi_duel.jpg]
    [li]Then, have ?[i]Tipoca City[/i]? and possibly ?[i]Vancouver, BC, Canada[/i]? heat-transferred over the left breast of the t-shirt using the classic [b]SW[/b] font in the colour [b][color=darkblue]navy[/b][/color].[/li]

This too is very doable and should look fairly nice as well. [face_happy]
    [hr]
    These are just two rough/rudimentary concepts though. I know all of you have some ideas, so let?s hear them. [face_wink]

13. JediMaster_Skywalker

JediMaster_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2002
    I like both concept ideas! sounds cool!

i was thinking, could you have that Clone Project Insigna on the arms like the picture of all the clones?,.. and then incorporate the second concept of the big tipoca pic in the front then, the text in the back like you said?,.. so in essence, having both worlds? i think that'll be really cool,.. cause everyone would recognize the pic with jango and ben... then the more hard-core star wars fans will even recognize the clone symbol,.. it's like a something extra which makes it that much more special! :D

the only thing with the ben and jango pic,.. it'd be best if you try to make the pic fuse into the shirt instead of a big square picture which looks clumped on,... maybe a fade in? like a gradient? (makes any sense?) to make it blend with the shirt

14. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Nov 9, 2002
    The concepts are good...

But I was thinking more of a logo of our club which depicts our very own mission statement but written in graphics and symbols rather than words.

My concept would be something like this:

FRONT:
    (upper-left breast) Clone Project Insignia
    (underneath) Tipoca City
    Vancouver, B.C. Canada

SIDE:
    Old Republic / Empire Symbol

BACK:
    The Clubs official logo.

15. MASTER_OBI-DAN

Jul 30, 2002
    These are some fantastic ideas, guys! Please keep them coming, and keep the creative juices flowing! ;)

[b]JediMaster_Skywalker[/b]: ?[i]it'd be best if you try to make the pic fuse into the shirt instead of a big square picture which looks clumped on,... maybe a fade in? like a gradient? (makes any sense?) to make it blend with the shirt[/i]?

I totally agree with you, [b]Brian[/b]! [face_wink] Some kind of ?[i]fade-in[/i]? or stylization for the image would definitely be needed. [face_wink] Perhaps, even have this image (or any other image for that matter) in the shape of a puddle, in an effort to exentuate the [b][color=darkblue]Vancouver[/color][/b]-[b][color=darkblue]Tipoca City[/color][/b]-connection: [b][color=blue]rain[/b][/color]! Would that not be cool? [face_cool]

[image=http://www.henrylim.org/Puddle.jpg]

Also, another idea to resolve this problem would be to write ?[i]Tipoca City[/i]? in large/thick letters and fill in the letters with the chosen image! [face_wink] Somewhat like this:

[image=http://theforce.net/episode2/dvd/dvdmenu1.jpg]
    [hr]
    [b]Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma[/b]: ?[i]?a logo of our club which depicts our very own mission statement but written in graphics and symbols rather than words.[/i]?

This another great idea, [b]Antonio[/b]! [face_grin] However, it could be difficult translating words into graphics/symbols. Every culture essentially has certain images/symbols that have codified meanings. For example, when people see a [b][color=red]heart[/b][/color] in our Western Civilization, they almost automatically think of love. [face_love] When people see an ignited lightsabre, they may think of the [b]Jedi Knights[/b] and what they stand for: honour, justice, peace (abstract concepts like these).

[image=http://www.filmtracks.com/special/starwars/lightsaber_green.gif]

So, it?s not impossible, but it can be tricky. [face_wink] But definitely spin this idea out more, as it has potential. Also, just as a general warning to everyone, at some point we?re all going to have to have the [b][color=darkblue]Mission Statement[/b][/color] discussion; so start putting your "[i]thinking-caps[/i]" on. [face_silly]

16. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    This sounds really good, in terms of how the t-shirt could look like, I think white would be nice with a blue logo of some sort and an enlarged image of this logo on the back.

17. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Since our board art revolves mostly around Jango and Obi-1, I was thinking mabye we could some sort of Jedi symbol on the front and a bounty hunter symbol on the back. Or visa-versa.

Front:

WORDS: Tipoca City: PICTURE: Lightsaber

Back:
    WORDS: Vancouver Star Wars Fanforce: PICTURE: Jango's blaster

Just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.