main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark T-shirt madness

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    OK... Not to beat a dead fish here but,

We need a t-shirt... I'm tired of seeing all these other Fan Force's out there in thier super
    cool matcing t-shirts... So...

Nyborg was toying with the idea of doing the State logo we have used on stuff before (I think it's available
    as an icon on here somewhere even...) but in black on a grey shirt???

But, I was thinking that somebody might have an idea of their own they might want to use on a t-shirt...

So, with that said...

If you've got an idea for a shirt desigh...Bring it on the 10th...
    If you've got an idea but, can't deal with the "art" part...bring that too...

Then we can pool the ideas, choose one and get on with it...

2. WeyrleaderZor

WeyrleaderZor Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2006
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we actually HAVE shirts back in the first (of what, two or three total) event of the year {Bowling for kids sake}?

I don't know what the deal was with those and why they were taken back that same day, and what's been going on since... But I do think we had them for that short while at least. :)

3. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    You are correct... there was a brief stint of half finished shirts at the bowling thing in February...BUT,they were not
    finished and they had been ironed onto white undershirts and were a bit thin for the female crowd...

So, we were talking about putting them on grey with the logo in black...

And I figured since we're trying to get back on track... we could open it up to public opinion...

But, yes those were here for a wee bit...

4. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Yes I took them home to wash and finish them. When they where washed the most of the color washed out.

5. solo71

solo71 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2007

6. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    solo: Good one...However...since, we have a "family-minded" atmosphere, we need to be modest...

We'll save the thin, see-through ones for Dragon Con!!

7. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    And besides they all had bra's on and there was no water around.

8. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Not all of them are wearing "bras"...

9. WeyrleaderZor

WeyrleaderZor Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2006
    And regardless of whether that had them or not we do want to maintain a wholesome family-friendly image, like the Star Wars movies themselves always did. Ensuring our t-shirts won't betray the modesty of the members wearing them doesn't seem like much of a thing, but not doing so would become one in a hurry (Especially since so many of our events are done for/around children).

Look at the bright side, we know now that those shirts (anyone get the brand and type?) "are not the shirts we're looking for." ;)

10. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Just reminding everyone who wants to: Bring your design ideas with you. We're going to try and decide on something for this on the 10th.

11. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    nlrtrooper knows a guy in Levy who she has worked with before...

And I think (NOTE: I think...don't count on this...it's what I remember...I think)

Something like 18 dollars a shirt with a 20 minimum???

I'll have to get in touch with her and find out for sure...

But, if we take what is left in account and do the web site...we'll need to pay for shirts...

They're more than the voluntary 12 dollars anyway... (they're going to be more than that...and minus the ones we tried to make that
    washed out...)

So, chime in with opinion and be ready to discuss (briefly) on the 10th.

thanks...

12. solo71

solo71 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2007
    Weyrleaderzor, I know we've never met and you don't know me (nor I you) but don't worry. I'm a bit of a jokester, but mean no harm. I'm glad the group wants to maintain a family friendly vibe, and am in favor of that. I'm just having a little bit 'o fun. No offense meant.

13. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I didn't take offense... Humor folks... It's just a wee bit of humor...

So... anyone interested in the buying a run of shirts? I need feedback? (And we need a website)

Post away...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.