main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC T-shirts for the group

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    OK, I'm talking to Mary Franklin from LFL via email about using this image [called original logo]:

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/CFFlogo2.jpg]

If we use that logo we would also have to add somewhere on the shirt:

© 2007 Lucasfilm Ltd. ® & ?. All rights reserved. Used under authorization.

We've talked to a local print shop and the shirts would run about $10 to $12 each. We are planning to make them black.

Or we could use this logo [called the postcard logo]:

[image=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/Charolette-Logo-4.jpg]

And we wouldn't need to get permission [I would have to ask ewok-jedi to make the logo black and white because it is cheaper.]

So, I need to hear a vote back from you all! Which one do you like? Original Logo or Postcard Logo?

2. DarthNightwing

DarthNightwing Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2003
    I think I like the postcard one. Thought why not instead of those 6 symbols in the first pics, it should have 6 logos that represents Charlotte. Like say the queen crown that you see on downtown street signs, Carolina Panthers, etc. I thought it might be a way to identify as the Charlotte Fan Force. ;)

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hmmmm, I never thought of that. Very interesting suggestion. Thank you. :)

4. Jedi_528

Jedi_528 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    I like the original much better. The Lucas film info could be put in the lower right or left hand corner in white text. The only problem I see with regard to the symbols for Charlotte on the shirt (as mentioned) would be that the Fan Force's main focus isn't the city of Charloette necessarily. Just my opinion.

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Opps, wrong person logged in.

6. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    I personally like both logo's, although I like the original one more. Jedi_528 has a point though, the group is not just Charlotte, it is for the areas surrounding Charlotte as well. The reason why the original logo was done was because at one point we were thinking of changing the name of the group and going with a more Imperial themed name, Imperial Academy or Sith Academy was one of them I think. Some people who were Rebel sympathizers did not like the idea. And it made sense. So a logo was created using a large Separatist logo, that what looks like a TIE fighter wing from the side, because that is essentially the name of the group, the Charlotte Separatist, and inside the smaller spaces were placed a number of other logo's representing Rebels, the Empire, Sith, Mandolorians, etc. This was to represent that the group was open and welcoming to anyone, regardless of which part of the SW universe they liked. It was meant to make everyone feel included. Now, since we do not need permission to make the "postcard logo" shirt we should go ahead and have that made, as long as we have enough people to make it worthwhile to order them. Then, if we get permission from LFL to do the "Original Logo" shirt then we do that one, again, providing that enough people want them. If we do the "Original Logo" shirt it will probably have above the logo, Charlotte FanForce and below it, StarWarsCharlotte.com.

Now we will only be doing these shirts if we can get at least 8 to 10 people to order. Jada and I have already agreed to front the $25 cost for the silk screen setup in addition to the cost of our shirts. Anyone else would only have to pay for the cost of the shirt. If we can get people to agree we can get the postcard shirt done in a couple of weeks. I was thinking, if we get permission, we could do the other shirt later in the summer.

So, let's hear it people, what do you think?

7. DarthNightwing

DarthNightwing Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2003
    No problem. Just like giving out idea. Even if they use a little bit of my idea. Maybe we could many way to make the symbols to associate with Charlotte or with several FanForce forum in NC like Raleigh, Jacksonville, etc. ;)

8. Darth_Julio

Darth_Julio Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2004
    i like the the second logo

9. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Great. Does that mean you want to order a shirt? We got word back from Mary Franklin at LFL and we got permission to use the Original Logo as long as we include "© 2007 Lucasfilm Ltd. ® & ?. All rights reserved. Used under authorization." somewhere near the logo. Since we got permission to use the logo, do we want to do the Postcard Logo first or the Original Logo first. In either case we will be getting both shirts done at some point.

10. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    If black and white is easier for you on the one I made I can send Jada the black and white :p

or better yet ... here is a black and white version for you :p

11. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Cool, thanks. We will be doing a run of shirts with your logo and one with the other logo. Just not sure when yet...

12. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    I like 'em either way. Just let me know when I need to place an order or whatever.
    Farrell

13. andyf

andyf Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2006
    I like both logos.

Just let me know when it is time to order.

Thanks,

Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.