main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

T-shirts (I know that it is still a little early...)

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JarJarJedi, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Actually, I had a thought about changing the new jedi order symbol to the empire symbol. I was out voted in regards to our name though. I'll suppress my sith tendencies for now and save that idea for when I become emperor of this fan force. [face_devil] 8-}

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    *squishes face in like Yoda's when he's in Palpy's office*

"The Dark Side clouds everything..."

3. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Well if you make a custom Empire symbol I'd be more than happy to purchase one of those T-shirts...I'm most definately pro-Sith hehe.

4. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Zod, Reborn...

How's this? Took me about 5 min...

[image=http://www.unipixonline.com/sw_images/NCIL_tshirt_black.gif]

-b-

5. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    <In his best Mr. Burns voice while bringing fingers together>

Eeeexcellent!!!

6. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    thought you'd like it... :)

-b-

7. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    "Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Way to go Brian, now you've got our Sith/Imperial members wanting to change the entire Fanforce. We just held a vote that determined our Fanforce name, and after 2 tries settled on an icon for the boards.

Can we concentrate on creating a T-shirt that goes with our Fanforce's name? "The Jedi Knights of Cleveland" And no, that's not up for debate...again.

I know we have those among us with Sith/Imperial tendencies...but doing 2 different designs could become more expensive then we're willing to pay. Utilizing the Anrev (front) and B_Mack (back) designs will be a project in itself (remember, we haven't started yet)

8. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    *drools uncontrollably*
    I want...yes yes. Very nice design. Yeah I know it's not what our fanforce stands for, but damn it's cool nonetheless. Maybe one day when I can afford stormtrooper armor, and if the 501st allowed it, that could be the shirt for our area...just a thought...

9. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    No worries krash. If those two want empire shirts of some kind they can foot the bill themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be a Jedi than some stupid, whiny imperial, but some folks you just can't train. Besides, if you look at the Seattle Star Wars Society, they have Garrison Titan and whatever their Alpha Base sections.

But I do see completely where you are coming from. We'll all be just Jedi, granted some leaning a bit. ;) And I'll just hold out on the design and they won't be able to make really nice looking shirts like we will... :)

-b-

10. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    [face_laugh] at Krash

Yes, if we started a new garrison of the 501st that would be the perfect logo. I like that idea a lot. I'm with ya Reborn. Now I need to find some armor.
    <Runs out of the door with credit card in hand.>

Edit: I still say that vote was rigged.

11. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    If you guys remember...The TBX guys are going to attempt to make some ST armor. I dont know if they will be selling any. Or how many they are making. But you never know.

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    So what color T-shirts do you think we should go for: blue, black, white, light grey?

I'm investigating some option around here, and CIndy is supposed to get in touch with me with some estimates from Akron U.

13. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    I like light gray/ash.

14. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I like the red one first.

15. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Black. Mostly everything I wear is black anyhow...the black with white lettering really stands out for people to look at.

16. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    I like the white on black, but I do need more white t-shirts so maybe the red. First choice is the white on black though.

-b-

17. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Hey, I already went to DocuZip, and all the prices are at home. I do know is that they don't have any other color besides white, but you can bring in your own shirts (but the quality is a little poorer). I still have to go to another place, I was going to go there yesterday, but I forgot, since I had a doctor's appointment. I probably will go there today, since I can't go to my sister's house and play a game after school, since I forgot the keys. (They went to Disney, I have to look after the fish and get the mail.) Plus I also wanted to check another place in town, they do do screen printing, and I have to call them, since they are only open by appointment.

I'll report back later. ;)

18. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    That's something I was afraid would happen with the DocuZip place. Let's leave them as a "last resort" (since most people are in favor of a color shirt) Check out the other place down by you. I'm going to get the name of the guy who does the "Somnus" for my friend Rhia.

EDIT: I just got the name and phone # of the people who do the "Somnus" shirts. The company is called Kiwi, out in Twinsburgh...and Rhia says they do alot of stuff for big name bands (including The Grateful Dead) so they must do a good job.

Daffy Dan's is always an option, I'll check them out and see what they can do for us.

19. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    What about Cleveland fave Daffy Dan's?

20. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I'll post the prices anyways.

Here are the prices for DocuZip.

T-Shirts
    1-10 ~ $10.95ea
    11-25 ~ $9.95ea
    26-50 ~ $8.95ea

$1 more for XL, and $2 for XXL

They can do front and back, and even put it on the sleeve. I think he said that it was $1 more for on the back but I can?t remember.

If we get our own T-Shirts, we will just have to pay for the Transfer Paper, and that is $5.95. The front (if we get a small one) and back can fit on the same sheet.

The only thing is, since it is a heat transfer, he said that the best way to preserve the shirts is to wash them inside out in cold water with no fabric softener, and then hang it to dry.

Also there, they have posters, mouse pads, foam coasters, tote bags, aprons, and puzzles. (I have prices for all.

I stopped at Custom Sportswear Imprints, and I got the prices there. These are prices for silk screening, front and back, the pocket sizeon the front, and the full size on the back.

For 10-20 shirts, black and white print, on all colors:
    Short sleeve T-Shirts:

S-XL ~ $10.50
    XXL ~ $12.00
    XXXL ~ $13.00

Long sleeve T-Shirts:
    S-XL ~ $13.00
    XXL ~ $14.50
    XXXL ~ $15.50
    There is also a one time charge of $70.00 for the screen, and then we can get color, but you have to pay the price for each color.

For 10-20 shirts, 4 colors (as in the design that Brian gave me), on all colors:
    Short sleeve T-Shirts:

S-XL ~ $15.00
    XXL ~ $16.50
    XXXL ~ $17.50

Long sleeve T-Shirts
    S-XL ~ $17.00
    XXL ~ $18.50
    XXXL ~ $19.50
    There is a $120.00 art charge for the screen.

I got the price for hats (if we might want some) and we can?t put logos on, (well, we can, but that will be really expensive), so she said that for writing out ?Jedi Knights of Cleveland?, that would be $5.50-7.50 (she didn?t figure it out exactly) for the embroidery, with a $5.00 art charge. Then you have to pay for the hats, which is anywhere from $5-10. (I was thinking, if maybe we could get just ?JKOC?, we could get some for Columbus too. But with the new revelation on what it looks like?. :p

She said that they do do patches, but at this time they do not have a supplier. They also do vinyl clings and bumper stickers.

There is also another place in Wadsworth that does screen printing, but it is a hassle to go in to see them, since they are open only by appointment only, and I don?t know if they will do a small group.

Well, that is my findings for now. If someone else finds anything around them, please post it. :)

21. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Good Luck Selling Them :D

22. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Good work Cindy, I like this "Custom Sportswear Imprints" rather then the Docuzip place (we have more options)

We're probably going to want to keep the screen to 1 color to avoid more of that $70 screening cost. But that could mean we could order different colors shirts...and have a white/black or white on red or even white/blue choices I just did some math, and I think I have a way to make this work:

10-20 short sleeve T-shirts:
    $70 screening cost ($3.50 per shirt)
    $2.50 profit (going to the christmas charity)

S-XL $10.50 = $16.50
    XXL $12.00 = $18.00
    XXXL $13.00 = $19.00

That's not too bad, and as long as we sell all 20 shirts...we'll bring in $50 towards the charity we're going to make a donation to.

23. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    That setup fee seems really friggin high. I'm gonna call a place in Kent and see how much they would charge. I think some places may cut a break on the setup if you can give them a digital file. Which we can.

-b-

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Go for it Brian, I'll check out up here. But if there isn't much of a difference, do you think my break-down of CSI's offer sounds good?

25. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    Couldn't we use some of the money we bring in from the shirts to purchase the domain name? We need to get it from somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.