main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

T-shirts

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Jairen, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Perhaps HE will get off my frackin back now...

I would recommend Spreadshirt for ordering of t-shirts, since they seem to be reasonably priced and offer a large selection of t-shirt types and sizes.

http://www.spreadshirt.net/?lang=en&locale=GB

From the main page, choose "Order Direct"

This will load the t-shirt design page.

Select your type of t-shirt from the left hand side, then choose white (unfortunately you have to choose white to print the image on the back).

Ensure the front of the t-shirt is selected at the bottom of the t-shirt window (it won't have an underline if it is selected).

On the right, choose black as the print colour, Letter Gothic as the font, and 1 as the font size.

In the text section, enter the following line:

Username
    Real name
    FF-UKer

Click on the "select all lines" at the bottom under the text. Then click on the middle column of the three on the right under "Upload design" This centres the text.

Now, ensure all three lines are still selected (click the "select all lines" again if unsure) and use the arrow keys to the right of the text boxes to move the text over the left breast area. Since this is hard to define easily I will leave it to your judgement.

Next, click on the "back" option beneath the t-shirt. This will load the back of the t-shirt.

On the top row of the window, choose "Upload design".

This is the image you will want to upload.

http://www.ff-uk.org.uk/images/ffuk_logo_new_cmyk.jpg

Save it locally from here now before you create your shirt, and remember where you put it. It's a large pic, so be aware.

Once you have chosen "upload design", click on "upload your own designs"

This will open a separate window. Click inside the box next to "I understand and accept the Copyright Declaration"

Now click on "browse..." and find the image you downloaded. Click Open. Now click "Upload"

This step may take some time as the image is quite large. It was made this size to ensure pixel quality on the final image.

Once the image has uploaded, you can resize it how you would like on the back and centre it. Once you have down this, you can select your shirt size and quantity in the bottom right, then click Purchase Now.

The purchase process should be pretty self-explanatory.

Enjoy.

2. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    is this like a mensa test?;)

3. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002

Close enough for government work anyways...

[face_laugh]

4. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    one question anyone know if the writing on da front is gpoing to be that big? or is it going to be smaller but just so customers can see what they wrote they enlarged it as bit?

5. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    So, is this purely a Midlands thing or will the rest of the FFUK be told at some point?

6. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Dave, why don't you take some time and go back to the UK regional forum, trawl back through to find the Signatopia event thread. There is a picture of that exact shirt there, with the writing size on it.

The writing has to be a certain size in order to be printable and readable.

EDIT: Jimbo, as with all things, this is a trial with a smaller group, and I'll post in the regional forum once it's been tried a couple of times.

7. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    Cool.
    Keep us posted matey!
    I have gotta get me one of those babies if it works out!

8. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    Hmmmm.. any other cool sites for printing tshirts would be great. ta. tried a few but they were very fussy and kinda contradicted themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.