main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA T-Shirts?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TD6829, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TD6829

TD6829 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2006
    I'm probably gonna get blasted for this.

However, do we have our own "FanForce Richmond" logo?
    If we do...have we ever done our own T-Shirts?

I love a good T-Shirt!

Paul..."cough cough"....

2. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    We don't have our own logo, although I am sure a few of the incredibly talented people we have on board here could come up with one. There is the double f logo that you see in the banner, but I would love to have a special one just for us. Tshirts, patches, coffee mugs, banners, and more!

Would be cool if we had two designs, one that was more imperial based, and one more rebel based. Then you could decide in the morning how good or bad you were feeling and get dressed accordingly.

3. TD6829

TD6829 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2006

I like that!
    Anyone else?

4. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Well from what I gather from TShirt stuff, the simpler the better. How about half a Cog and the other half Rebel united with just Richmond around the top and Fanforce under the bottom. Thats a pretty simple shirt but says it all ya know.

5. NekoKaiju

NekoKaiju Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    I'd love to do this but with my current schedule I wouldn't be able to get to it until July.....

6. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    What about something like this:
    [image=http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/shivann/Star%20Wars%20and%20Fanforce/Fanforceiconsm.jpg]

7. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2006
    I like it. Needs some teaking, but I like it.

8. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Yes! Yes! Exactly what I was thinking! I'd love to own a shirt like this to wear to our meetings and such. I'd be willing to front some cash to help get it produced.

9. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Very nice. I'd like to see someone use the top of the rebel and the bottom of the imperial and merge them nicely.

10. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    You mean like this
    [image=http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/shivann/Star%20Wars%20and%20Fanforce/Fanforceiconsm2.jpg]

11. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    I'm not so crazy about that one. I like the original idea better.

12. Tetmatek

Tetmatek Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2005
    I like the second one but that is just because Tony did not.lol

13. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006

That idea, but same colors and have them connected like they are one logo instead of two cut in half. A true hybrid.

14. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    Per a request from our former leader I worked up a merged image that could go on a Black T-Shirt

[image=http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/shivann/Star%20Wars%20and%20Fanforce/Fanforceicon-mergedcopy-1.jpg]

15. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Thats kinda messy dont ya think? I like the first one. Now I'm gonna go deep. The cog should be on the other side symbolizing the might of the Empire...I.E. Death Star with the uncompleted side being the other half of the rebel logo thus symbolizing the victory of the rebellion over the uncompleted Death Star. Confused? Good.

16. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Joel, I don't think that's what Joe was talking about, but either way, I am not a fan of them (no offense to your talents with putting those together) I still like the Side-by-side Cog and bird (as I call it).

17. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    Actually this is more or less what Joe was talking about...We have been going over it on AIM.
    [IMage=http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/shivann/Misc/Fanforceicon-merged2copy.jpg]

Do you still want the colors or do you want something in B&W for the shirts?
    [image=http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/shivann/Misc/Fanforceicon-merged3copy.jpg]

18. Diastrom72

Diastrom72 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2008
    The hybrid looks BA. What about cleaning it up a little and completely merging the two emblems? Here's a stab:

Stab

Well theres the link anyway, not sure how to get the image to show up on this forum.

19. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Too much Rebel and not enough Empire :)

20. utinnigirl

utinnigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    I still favor the sid by side one myself

21. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    The T-shirt designs came up for discussion at the last meeting. Everyone agreed the current designs scream too much 501st / Rebel Legion. Those symbols to us mean a lot, but to the casual Star Wars fan...not so much. They are not well known symbols, and had very very little screen time.

Jean had the idea of how the ESB logo looked on certain merchandise (like below) and somehow incorporating Richmond Fanforce into that.
    [image=http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r227/TMachalski/CIMG4512.jpg]

Going along with that idea (with the help of Ramiel (who made the below image) and Rollerboi of the RPF) here is what we came up with:
    [image=http://i28.tinypic.com/2zgxli8.jpg]

I prefer the second one, since it is how it was always displayed. Its simple and to the point.

What does everyone think?

Please be honest...and don't disagree with me just to add "spice" to the boards. :rolleyes:

22. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Put that on the front upper left chest, and the symbol in the full back.

23. RED5IVE

RED5IVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2007
    I agree with Joe. Both designs are great. Why choose just one.

24. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Left pocket logos are so corporate.

I say ditch the cog and bird and just have the Star Wars RFF logo on the front (centered).

25. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    I agree with Tony. Those symbols are very much a part of the 501st and Rebel Legion and despite many of the Richmond FanForce being a part of those organizations not all are and ideally the design we choose is about Star Wars and Richmond not those clubs.

I love those designs, they are true to a nostalgic spirit of Star Wars that is so what I think FanForce is about, please thank the RPF members that took the time to create them for us. I would love to have a simple shirt with that design clearly on the front or back, maybe even a slightly weathered look would be cool.

I'm not in favor of the 501st/Rebel legion amalgam and wouldn't bother buying that design.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.