main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA T-Shirts?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TD6829, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    Unfortunately Yes....I would prefer to have the 1/2 and 1/2 logo on the back too, but it doesnt look like that will happen. Not really sure why considering we are a group of Rebels and Imperials.

Personally I dont think the cog relates to just the RL or 501st...its Rebel and Imperial.

Here is the count thus far:
    Tony:
    1 - Men's Medium
    1 - Men's Small
    1 - Babydoll Medium
    Luke:
    1 Medium Mens (2 if its a weathered design)
    Eddie:
    1 XL
    1 Medium Babydoll
    John:
    1 - 2XL
    1 - Babydoll L
    1 - Childs small (if possible)

9 thus far

2. Tetmatek

Tetmatek Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2005
    how about a Light saber underlining the words.

3. Tetmatek

Nov 25, 2005
    how about a Light saber underlining the words.

4. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    then it would go against what the words are supposed to look like.
    and then we would have to get into what color lightsaber, and then the cost for the shirt would go up...

then it would go against what the words are supposed to look like. ESB logo
    and then we would have to get into what color lightsaber, and then the cost for the shirt would go up...

5. Tetmatek

Nov 25, 2005
  6. NekoKaiju

NekoKaiju Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    I'm not a Rebel or Imperial. Personally I thought Fanforce was just for Star Wars not for costuming. I'll join the 501st or Rebel Legion if I want to get in to that. So that said,
    I would get 1 of the ESB shirts. Especially cool if the design looks worn and stressed a bit, so it feels like an old ESB shirt.
    Cool.

7. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Meeza beeza checkn dis subjet and meeza asks about da banners at da top o da page. Dats whereza I za beeza gettin da idea I spect. You seeza, meeza been seein dem cog & birds up dere for many montz now. Meeza liken dem. I spose majorities rule doh. Perhaps weeza beeza changin dem banners soon too.

8. RED5IVE

RED5IVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2007
    See what HOPE and CHANGE gets you. Higher taxes and an UGLY t-shirt.[face_laugh]

9. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    You are veering into territory that is very much frowned upon on Star Wars forums RED5IVE. I think a new thread should be started, this thread is getting very ugly.

10. Tetmatek

Nov 25, 2005

I'm with you guys. I just want a shirt. I have experienced these "everybody wants shirt but they want thier own design to be the one" threads in the past and they suck. There is no majority rules when it comes to someone spending their own time doing the run. The guy doing the run holds all the cards. Buy one or buy not. Do a run; run your own design with proper fan force approval and then it's your card game. That's enough on that .....

so Shivann; when we going to be able send ya some $$:)

11. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    I hate to say it but it wasnt my idea....I just offered to do the ordering and such. It wasnt even my design and I dont have the artwork for it.
    Tony, I guess has the art for it and if they can do it weathered, then go for it.
    I dont think that we have reached our minimum for the shirt at this point.

Also I think that you are absolutely right....I think that the next time we try and do this that one person designs it and posts interest and if it dies before production then so be it.

I will be happy to do the ordering if it comes to that. We just need to make the minimum to order them.

12. RED5IVE

Jul 19, 2007
    I'm just poking a little fun about this whole shirt deal. I wore a Bass Pro Shops shirt to the last meeting and was asked if it was a Bass Pro Shops meeting. I did'nt let it bother me,coming from a guy wearing a kilt. (Just poking fun again Luke.) [face_laugh] I'm just trying to liven up the board a little.[face_dancing] If it is prefered that we wear a Star Wars shirt to the meetings, that's cool I have no problem with that. If anyone would like me to check in on setup for the other logo. If that's ok with the designer of that logo and with everyone else,I'll be more than happy to check on it. I think two styles of shirts would make almost everyone happy. Just my 2 cents

13. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    I did the bird and cog logo, and the cost of the shirts would be the same for mine to be done as it would be for the ESB logo shirt, as lon as they were done in B&W. We still need a minimum of 24 shirts to do a run.
    The only other option we have is to take it over to the mall and have one of the kiosks do a small run as an iron on and not screen printed, and I wouldnt recommend that.

14. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    What's a little ugliness amongst friends my dear Shabad? Lay off Red5ive for posting his thoughts. Here's my thoughts and I'm talkin straight for those who cant read Gungan. Everyone liked the Cog & Bird halfbreed. Then voila! There's a meeting where there was little representation and we get we're changing the design. That's crap and it smells of Luke. I'll forgive Tony & Aimee because they're young and impressionable but this has Luke's signature all over it! That's the second time you've thwarted my designs spade. Next time I see you, we're going to have a little talk friend to friend.

15. RED5IVE

Jul 19, 2007
    Troy, Your insides serve you well. You are a real Jedi now.

16. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    Insides... lol...

How about this?

[image=http://www.dizpins.com/archives/images/2008marchpics/star_wars_imperial_seal.jpg]

Why don't we just have the logo on front left breasts and the cog large on the back making everyone happy. Perhaps the maker would be willing to do some of them with just the front logo at the cost of the front and back for those who hate the cog. Would cost a little more but they can get what they want, the maker gets the money he wants and has to do less work for some of them, we might get more orders because some people would want both versions. Joel, can you see if the maker would be interested in working with us in that way?

17. shabad

Aug 18, 2006
    Trash the designs all you want. I have no problem with people calling either design ugly, I just think when someone starts making potentially negative political statements in a Star Wars club it's a recipe for a flame war. But screw it, bring it on.

18. shabad

Aug 18, 2006
    I say go with the original design. It's what the core group wants. I don't even want the ESB style design anymore, it is ugly, just less ugly than the hybrid IMO and I don't want an ugly shirt, I already have an ugly GT shirt I'll never wear.

It's funny Red thought I was talking about the shirts not his political comment, I could care less what anyone wears and I was actually making fun of all us in comparison to him since we were all dorks wearing Star Wars shirts at the meeting except him. The sarcasm was lost on him.

19. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    I know Aimee ran on a platform of Hope and Change, but I don't see what that has to do with taxes on the t-shirts...

Or as Troy might say "Meeza thinks youse guyz are taking dis muuuuuch tooooo serweously! Yousa needza settle downz! Weeza jest tawking aboutz t-shirtz!"

20. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2006
    I am really getting tired of people's smart @$$ attitudes on here lately. Nothing positive has been done on these forums in quite a while. Every time we try to make something happen, someone has to make a stupid joke or jump on some silly band wagon of opposition to slow the progress even more.

The design was actually Jean Mayes' idea, and a GREAT idea at that. So if you want to BLAME anyone, Blame Jean. Luke had nothing to do with it. The first time Luke saw the design was when I posted it up, so he had nothing to do with any of it.

So, Troy -- shut your mouth unless you have something positive to bring to the group. Same with you Joe. I am disgusted with both of you.

21. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    DING DING DING.....BACK TO YOUR CORNERS....
    I think that this is getting a little out of hand....its a t-shirt
    what about a compromise...

[image=http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/shivann/Star%20Wars%20and%20Fanforce/FanforceFBshirtcopy.jpg]

Satisfies both appetites...and kind of says what both are trying to get at.

22. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    I'm disgusted by that shirt.

23. Tetmatek

Nov 25, 2005

I say stick a fork in it and call it done. My order stands no matter what the design is:)

24. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    Thank goodness I know you are kidding...or I might just get offended
    (yeah right)

25. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    I am disgusted by your good nature and cheerfulness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.