main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

T.v series or 3 more films??

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Avnar, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Just curious what other star wars fans think... Are you happy with the live action t.v series that is going to happen,or would you have rathered 3 more films? (ep 7,8 and 9)

Me personally -i would rather films ...but am happy that the television series is happening!

Thoughts?

*mods -i apologise if this is not in the right area

2. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Well, I would love three more movies, but like GL said, he is finished with the Skywalkers and all that stuff. I think that he wants the 6 movies to represent what the story was, and now he can get to do other stuff that he really wasan't able to do in the movies becuase of what he had to tell. The animated stuff has me already excited.

3. Darth-Wyrm

Darth-Wyrm Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2005
    How about both? :p

I would want a new trilogy IF GL isn't writing and directing. Let him produce and supervise the whole project, but let someone else write and direct. I was too disappointed with the prequels to want to go through that again.

That's why I'm so excited about the TV shows. They will have Lucas supervising, but others handling the details of writing and directing. Those just aren't GL's strong suits.

I've speculated on this before, but with the release of the CW in theaters prior to the start of the series, I wonder how likely it is that they follow a similar procedure for the LAS in '09. It's possible that they avoid it given that it's live action and thus too close to the trilogies, but I'd love to see it.

4. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    In the end, I would prefer the T.V show, but for me that's still not saying much.
    I believe the concept of another trilogy set would be utterly useless considering the story is complete now. I mean, it would be great just because as a loyal fan, I can never get enough of SW, however Star Wars is based on Anakin Skywalker's redemption and Luke Skywalker becomming a jedi- just like his father. Return of the Jedi really wrapped it all up quite well. The events taking place after ROTJ are great, don't get me wrong, but to base another trilogy on it would just be obsured. I love sticking to the books after ROTJ, personally.

The TV series, though it sounds cool, doesn't get me half as excited as 3-D clone wars does. Sure, I love the possibility of new story lines and new characters, but at the same time I can't help but think that the franchise is being milked for all that it's worth. I just hope theres jedi in the show, because I love me some jedi.

5. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I know what you mean... I loved the new episodes (1,2 and 3) at first,but now that i have had time to think about it all and watch them all as 1 saga -i find myself just "pretending" they don't exist!

Pretty harsh -i know :(

6. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    My sentiments exactly. The Skywalker story is done. There is closure, the Sith have been destroyed and everyone's happy. The 3D CW show can cover so much and introduce characters that are already involved in the saga. However, I would be interested in a trilogy that takes place BEFORE the PT!

7. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    I think it's highly exciting that Star Wars is entering the television stage. We've seen the brilliance of not just one, but two Star Wars Trilogies ... now it's time for a different twist. I am definitely more in favour of TV shows compared to more films. It's new, adventurous, and has the ability to expand to great new heights.

8. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I agreee with The Lamington Lover on this matter[face_peace]

9. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    I'm greedy, so I'll go with TV series because it adds up to more time.

10. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    I like the concept of the television series. It brings Star Wars to a medium that has never really been tried with much success. The failures of Droids (if you call it a failure), the Ewok cartoons, and even the Ewok movies (of which the first is not a failure at all in my mind), not having deterred Lucas from venturing into the small screen arena is impressive. He keeps moving forward with his own plans for his own ideas. Anyway, I'd like more films, of course, but I would also like a different style and look to the movies, depending on when they were set. I'd love a KotOR era film but I also don't think it's that feasible.

11. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    I don't really know much about the Droids or Ewok cartoons, but I think the Ewok movies are great. They were meant to be a family story and aside from a few cheesy moments, they work pretty well. I think they won an Emmy or two.

I'd say it's very likely that we get a stand alone movie for this live action series. The animated CW series is getting a stand alone movie (so it's really more than just the first few episodes). It's just my opinion, but I think that as the live action series branches off and characters get their own series, we'll see a stand alone movie every few years. I think it's the only way Star Wars can grow or stay as big as it is right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.