main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

T3: Rise of the Machines

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by MysticTrunks01, Jul 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Heres a link to the teaser

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/t3/large.html

I'm not sure, even the effects of this little trailer aren't as good as the liquid metal in T2. I worry this is just a last cash cow for Arnie and friends.

2. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Some things are better left alone. I really hope the story they've come up with here is worth reviving the series. I think it would kick a$$ if they ended the movie with John Connor sending Kyle Reese back to protect Sarah in T1. Making the trilogy be cyclical. Everything they do only leads them to what they're avoiding. Now that's story telling.

3. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    That would be cool, to bad the people writing it probably aren'y as sharp as us :p

Well i can give you some MINOR spoiler about what i have heard the T3 will be.... so if you don't wanna stop reading.... now

Well the next one is a chick for one, and she has the power to control other mechanical things. And obviously she must be liquid metal given the teaser.

4. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    Yeah, the Teminatrix (T-X). She's a step up from the old T-1000. And scorchingly hot to boot.

5. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    brent, I like your idea as well. But Michael Biehn confirmed he was having nothing to do with the film and from the little blurb I read he didn't sound very supportive about the film without Cameron being involved.

6. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    Yeah, I know all that. But not having Beihn involved isn't enough to stop that idea. Hell, who looks more like Edward Furlong ten years later than Edward Furlong ten years later? No one, but he's not playing John Connor and they're still making the movie. I agree that not having Cameron behind the camera is more than enough to destroy this movie. He's one of my top 5 directors. We'll just have to see. I just hope they don't destroy the series and that it has more substance than "one last cash cow for Arnie and friends." Truer words have never been spoken.

7. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    The more we talk, the less hope i am having. Dena wonders if Sarah Conner will be in this one too, but i haven't seen mention of her yet.

8. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    From what I have hears Sarah is only in it by way of rehashed footage flashbacks. However something in this script was enough to get Arnold on board. Given that he is rathe well off I doubt it has anything to do with him just needing money.

9. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    Boy, that wasn't much of a trailer. Or teaser for that matter. From what I have read and what you guys have been talking about, I don't have high hopes for this movie. Might have some cool vis affects, but plot and characters look a little dim. Oh well. Hope you guys are having a good holiday. I know I am. Talk to you soon.

10. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Here's a pic of Ah-nuld on set of T-3.

[image=http://ffmedia.ign.com/t3/image/t3-arnold-truck_med.jpg]

(Click on it to see a larger image.)

11. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    I've seen some pics of Arnold breaking into a cemetary to steal some coffin. I've also heard that Sarah's dead in this one - hence the flashbacks. If I can find a link to those pics I'll post em.

Arnold well off? What's he done lately? How much do fully chrome hum-vees cost? I bet his lifestyle's caught up with the "End of Days" and "6th Days" and "Collateral Damage (Days)" of his career.

Ah, here's a good link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.