main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

t3h cool apprentice - Miko Reglia Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by djcati, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Miko!
    A mere plot device, thrown into Vector Prime purely for the sake of giving Kyp an apprentice, and to kick-start the Yuuzhan Vong interest in Jeedai?
    Or a compelling character who really, really should have been given more screen time?

I vote for the latter, and if you do too, then come on in!

Miko's really grown on me after referencing him (but never actually writing him, huh) in my AU fic, and reading him in Ars_Longa's By Any Other Name
    He must be pretty cool, if Kyp chose him as an apprentice, and so he must be worthy of his own fan club.
    A place for (strange) people like me to be Miko fans. yay...

. . .
    But we're going to ignore the fact that his first name means "priestess" in Japanese.

2. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Hey, i'm interested in discussing his all too short appearance.

Sometimes I just don't think its fair that he died and Danni survived. ;)

He also appears in a fanfic called 'Just Thinking About You", written by SoloDurron.

3. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    Link! The search feature is acting up. *sigh*

Personally, I don't think either of them should have died. I mean, surely Chewie's death was enough to say, "hey, NJO isn't your average SW book, people die, BOOHOO!!! muahaha...."
    Ne?
    It was kinda pointless, since we didn't know anything about Miko, so we weren't attached to him emotionally in any way. How is it supposed to affect us? Chewie's death just threw the whole of the rest of the novel into the shade, so why do something that appears major, but isn't...?
    But, Danni was alright... until the FH trilogy... ack.

And so, Miko belongs to the realm of AU and pre-NJO fics.

er, does anyone know how old he was, by the way? 0.o;;

4. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    Just Thinking About You

Here you go!

I'm gonna check Vector Prime to see if they mention his age, but I'd guess he's somewhere in between the age of the Solo twins and Kyp.

5. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    oh, THAT'S helpful.
    :p
    That's a fourteen year gap!

From what little we see of him in VP, he sounds pretty young, maybe a couple years older than the twins...
    So if the twins are just 17 in VP, I reckon Miko's around 20, 21... he sounds about that... maybe 19...

6. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    I think that maybe the reason for getting rid of him was to make us sad about losing someone before we got to know them. Not a great reason though.

I haven't found the age yet, but here's a quote about him from VP: And Miko, a quiet and unassuming type, who spend most of his time practicing with his lightsaber or just sitting alone under a starry canopy, held no apparent aspirations of leadership...
    It also mentions that Miko is the second best pilot in the original Dozen and Two.

7. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    I think in his 20's is a good guess, probably early to mid. He acts more composed than the twins do, so I think he'd be more than just a year or two older, but then again, that could just be his personality.

8. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    hm, suppose so. He is pretty quiet, and seems mature, but he could just be older than I thought. XD
    22 or 23 maybe...?

ack, why isn't there more info out there...

9. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    So is there anyone else who has info about Miko or is interested in discussing him besides djcati and I?
    [face_mischief]

I'd also be interested if anyone can point me to any more fics with him in it.

10. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    >>;
    <<;

no one else likes Miko?
    Kyp!muse is angry with you!

um... nope, nothing else on FF.net either.

Found a pic here though (isn't Google wonderful?)... where's that from? 0.o;

But apart from that, I couldn't find much on Google... (but hey, my review of Vector Prime is on the third results page)

so any other fans wanting to find out more? Wanting to debate? or just complain?
    Come on~

11. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Miko is pretty.

He was really growing on me in VP and then all of the sudden... -_-

And his name does mean priestess in Japanese, doesn't it? *cackles* Poor guy. :D

Anyways, I'm interested in chatting about Reglia too! (I love his last name. XD)

12. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    *glomps Heather*

His last name IS pretty cool, eh? Wonder what planet that's from..
    Ack! We don't even know what planet Miko is from!

Presumably RA Salvatore made him up, since he's only in that book, so we must now go and bug him until he tells us more about Miko. Yes. Cause he must know more, right?

*sigh*

ooh... but Miko's still getting lots of screen time in Ars_longa's story... so everyone go read. hehe...
    It's an AWESOME story, as well. Really really good. ^^
    [/free advertising]

13. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    Could you put a link for the story?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.