main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Table at the Con!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by TK7771, Jul 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Around the 20th to be more precise.

2. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    The dates for the Con are actually Nov 15th thru the 17th

SFX2002

3. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Ah. Well it's still close to the 20th. ;)

4. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    yeah close enough I guess.Just make sure your there on the right days or I think you'll miss all the fun. 8-} :D

5. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    That would be a bad thing. Also, it'd be a long trip from North Adams for nothing.

6. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    yeah that would be pretty bad.

7. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    ok I have some good news on the Table for the Con!!
    We will have a table at the Con and the price is absoluely free :D.

Now this is where the fun begins.We need volunteers.We will need as many of you as possible to help with hanging posters to help advertise for the con,in such places as Comic Book shops,Video Stores,pretty much anywhere that people who would attend this con would frequent

Now being as that alot of us live in different areas of the State,actually some of you actually live in other states, this shouldnt be a problem.We should be able to cover a pretty good area.

Considering the guest list will not be Publicized til Aug 1st,I dont think we'll see these Posters til at least a week after that.
    We also need some flyers for the Con.I strongly encourage all of you that have some sort of experience in this to do so.I have set up a folder on the MSN group to submit your flyers.All will be look at and the best of the bunch will be used.Doesnt hurt to have more than one flyer.But in general the flyers should be about us as a group and FanForce in general.

More info to come as I get it!!

8. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I am friends with a Manager of a New England Comics store. I am sure I can get him to put up some posters when the time comes.

9. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    There's a hobby-shop in my town. I don't go to it, but I'm sure I could...also, there's an advertising area of my store that I could probably put a flyer in...

10. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Ryno~ excellant! thats exactly what we need!

Eric~Same thing.good thinking!!

As soon as i hear about when he's gonna send me the Posters I'll post it.Hopefully I'll have them by the August meet!!

11. greg1211

greg1211 Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2002
    If we have a table at the Con, does that mean we get in for free?

BTW, hopefully by November I will have my stormtrooper armor :)

Greg

12. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    there are tons of comic stores and bookstores with flyer space around here in RI if you want to advertise in the ocean state..

also re: the flyers... i'm fresh out of art school so i could put my 'skillz' to use designing something. what sort of things should be included on the flyer, what should it say, etc?? if someone writes up the text i can lay it out nice nice. :)

13. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    If we have a table at the Con, does that mean we get in for free?

I'd have to say no for now,but you never know.I know these cons look for volunteers to help out with certain things so maybe if we give them a hand with that to it could be arranged.

there are tons of comic stores and bookstores with flyer space around here in RI if you want to advertise in the ocean state..

Yes we do!! It would be great if we could advertise this in NH and Maine also!! Somehow,someway I'll get some posters to you in RI.Hopefully you can make a meet before the Con.it would make it easier to get the posters to you,but if you cant I guess I good snail mail em to you.

about the flyers,please do make some up.As for the text part,it basically should explain the group.I know your new so it may be tough for ya.I'll try and come up with something to help you out on it.Hopefully others will to.

14. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    con's in nov, correct? duck tour meet in august, right? august is before november (i'm so smart). :p i'm up for a duck tour, why not? :)

ok then i'll await some sort of write up from whoever.

15. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I will volunteer to work at the table.

16. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Yay, putting newbs to work right away. ;)

When are you gonna get those posters Roy?

17. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Well, I'd be able to make two days of the Con(Saturday and Sunday, though I'll have to be back in North Adams Sunday night for classes Monday...). Friday's another story. No way of helping out at the table then I'm afraid.

18. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    ok then i'll await some sort of write up from whoever.

We still have some time to do the flyers.The flyers will be used at the Con to help recrute new members.But it doesnt hurt to get started on the over all look of the flyer. I PM'd Rox about 3 days ago for some help with the flyers like he said.but no response yet.

I will volunteer to work at the table.

Good,thats what I like to hear!! When the time comes,I will be asking for voluteers to help out at the table.I think the fair way to do it is in shifts,that way those who are at the table have a chance to take in some of the Con.maybe like 2/3 hrs shifts at a time,but we'll figure out the best way to do it.

When are you gonna get those posters Roy?

I cant give an actually date yet,he said they would supply them at a later date.My guesstimate would be at least a week after the Guest list is to be announced.

Well, I'd be able to make two days of the Con(Saturday and Sunday, though I'll have to be back in North Adams Sunday night for classes Monday...). Friday's another story. No way of helping out at the table then I'm afraid.

Thats finr Eric,nobody has to do everyday of the con.But if they wanna do more than one shift,their more tham welcome to!!

19. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I'll probably only be there for a day and as long as I have like 1/2 hour to look around, I can sit on my but for however long is needed.

20. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    I'm already planning my travel for this thing. It's a shame there's no train service to North Adams itself...that'd be easy. But things can't be easy, can they? I don't want to bother my dad to have him drive all the way up to North Adams just to pick me up for a weekend...

21. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    There is no train service at all around there?

22. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Dont forget that,the saturday of the Con is also a meet!!

23. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    I'll help out at the table. What should we include though?

24. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    THe nearest train is out of Pittsfield, I think.

25. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    this all sounds really interesting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.