main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Table at the Con!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by TK7771, Jul 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
  2. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    We'll need info to have at the table, as well as some stuff regarding Celebration 3.

3. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    ok I talked to the guy today.Yes talked not email.I gave him my home address and he's gonna send me out some info for the con.I asked him when he would be sending out the posters,he said they usually dont send em' out to about 6 weeks before the Con.So we're looking at roughly the first week of October on the posters.

4. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Thats not a problem. Hopefully our Comic/collectables/hobby shops with still be open by then :)

5. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    If you can get some up to me in North Adams, I'll gladly spread them all around the campus.

6. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    All I'll need is a mailing address Eric.I'll let ya know when i get em',just give me the address out there to reach you and i'll send a few out to you.I'm not really sure how many he's sending but I'll send you what I can.

7. Starstriker

Starstriker Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2002
    Hey,

Haven't posted for a while due to classes and such. I'm attending the con anyway and would be glad to help out. I go to a hobby shop in North Dartmouth, MA at least once a week and I'm sure I could advertise there. Also, has anyone looked into hooking up with he 501st or the Rebel Legion? Costumes draw crowds. This will likely be the first time I get to meet you all and I'm looking foward to it. Let me know.

Joe (Starstriker)

8. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    when is it?

9. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
  10. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    sweet. I gotta go to that. I wonder if anybody famous will be there. (dumb question)

11. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I might be able to go too :).

12. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    There'll probably be someone famous there. Last year Ray Park and Peter Mayhew were there.

Roy: I'll provide you with the mailing address when I get up there and figure it out. :)

13. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Uhura is gonna be there. Lieutenant Reed from Enterprise will be too. And at the comic con, Humberto Ramos who does the artwork for Peter Parker: Spiderman(which I collect) will be there.

No one from SW :(

14. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Yeah, the only one I recognize is Uhura. :(

15. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    ooh humberto ramos? didn't he do 'crimson' as well? that would make it worth it for me

16. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    yeah, I think he did. He is worth seeing.

17. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Right now there is a short list of guests.I asked the guy when he called me who was on the guest list for SW celebs and he said they wont know for awhile.They are usually the last ones on the list,because of their busy schedules.But he said they will have some!!

18. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Good to hear. I'm sure they'll have someone there. Even if it turns out to be the third Ewok on the left or something...

19. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I know we had talked about getting T-shirts for the group in an earlier thread. We should definitely get them for the Con. I looked into it with a company called CustomInk. I used their on-line system to get prices and a basic sample of what the shirt would look like.

T-Shirt

Keep in mind that the color of the shirt and the logo can be whatever we want.
    I also got price quotes based on the amount of shirts that might be ordered.

10 shirts $13.17 each
    15 shirts $10.28 each
    20 shirts $8.94 each
    25 shirts $8.17 each
    30 shirts $7.65 each
    35 shirts $7.29 each
    40 shirts $7.01 each
    45 shirts $6.79 each
    50 shirts $6.61 each

If we add a small copy of CustomInk's logo on the back of the shirt then we will save 50 cents on each shirt.

Any thoughts?

20. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Didn't we have our own store? If that still works, I say we go with what we already have.

21. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    We still have our own store but I like this better. They can be black. The price is better too.

22. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Perhaps your right.

23. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Anyone interested in helping out on the flyers PM me your email addy and I'll send you the PDF Rox gave me.Remember the PDf is only an example of how the flyers should look.It wouldnt be fair to the Pittsburgh chapter if someone ripped off their ideas.Just use it as a guideline.

As for the shirts...Can we get 2 sided shirts? and if so how much more would it cost?I like those shirts better than the other ones.The only reason i started that store site was the price.But now I'm starting to really hate the shirts,i still like the hats tho :D

24. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    So we may be selling shirts at the table? Should I put some kind of informational pakcet or whatnot together?

25. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    We can get double-sided shirts. The added cost would depend on what we have added to the back.

As far as selling shirts.I don't think that would be a good idea unless we were to sell them at cost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.