main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Tabletop gamer seeks same

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by darth_crass, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_crass

darth_crass Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2004
    Greetings,

Um, first time viewer, first time poster here - I kind of stumbled on to your website by accident (one of those random google things), but I guess it's a good thing. Tucson resident here, and obviously a Star Wars geek, so I figure this is the best place to answer my questions.

Mainly, does anyone else in Arizona play the SW Trading Card Game from Wizards of the Coast? I know there *has* to be someone else that buys those boosters at Target. And while I do have a friend to play the occaisional game with, TCGs are too damn expensive a hobby to play alone.

And while I'm mostly interested in the TCG, I'm also curious to find anyone else for some tabletop RPGs, as my group recently scattered to the winds. I'm a fan of the d20 systems (yes, I know, I'm a WotC junky), but mostly just looking for a decent group of folks to gather with.

Also, any help in finding like-minded geeks is appreciated. Is there an IRC channel someplace where Tucson fanboys congregate?

Thanks in advance -- Rudy

2. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Welcome to the boards, darth_crass. I'm Jada the Secretary of the TFF.

We are planning a board gaming night soon. I personally don't know anything about the playing card games or WotC. But it would be really cool to see what it is all about.

Feel free to ask any questions of me, VoidDancer or Sideshow212.

And again, welcome! :)

3. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    Oops double messaged. [face_blush]

Please refer to my open message below.

thnx, John

4. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Yo, darth_crass: :D

Greetings and salutations. I've spent an awful lot of money on the RPG game myself and have been dilegently searching high and low for SW RPGers in this town. I've been beginning to think they were either an extinct species or that I was going to have to kidnap some people and brain wash them into wanting to play a SW RPG on a Saturday afternoon/evening! [face_laugh]

I guess there are just too many people out this way who have an honest to goodness LIFE. ;) At any rate if you're interested in playing the SW RPG... well shucks so am I.

Are you sure the Force didn't cause that google on your key board? [face_mischief] [face_laugh]

Perhaps if your interested we could work something out and get a gaming group started. I'm quite sure that jada_marnew and the other members of TFF who are interested would at the very least find that fun! :)

So like, lets take a survey! What says the rest of TFF on that idea!

jada... darth_crass... anybody...?

5. AoErat

AoErat Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 12, 2001
    I'd be interested if the times work out.

I've never played SWRPG, only D&D, so I'd need some time to learn the system.

6. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Greetings again, AoErat: :D

I myself haven't played 3rd edition D&D, though my wife has recently bought the new players hand book. I've played some 2nd edition aka A D&D and enjoyed it. I used to play Alternities up until I started out on the road as a driver. When I got back to driving locally I found out that WotC stopped supporting
    Alternaties. :_| (whaa)

So I then found out about the new D20 system coming out and that SW was one of the games snatched up by WotC after WEG let go of it. I've had a few gaming sessions with some friends but that gradually broke up due to conflicting commitments. I've had enough experience with it that I'm fairly comfortable GMing. If you and others are interested perhaps a try out session is in order. :)

As for the playing system. It seems to be pretty close to 3rd edition D&D. I've got just about every book printed up until Dec. 2003. The Expanded Core rule book is about all you'll need for game mechanics and general familiarization. As for time available, I'm limited to Saturday afternoons and evenings. Truck driving can be very demanding unfortunately. [face_plain]

Let me know if you've got the time. I realize martial arts can be demanding as well. Thnx. :)

7. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Hellllllllloooooooooooo. Any body out there?! Did we become an extinct species again?

8. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
  9. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Sigh, another dead dog.

10. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Dont worry about it, some people just sign up onto TF.N just to solicit stuff or find people who might be interested in the kinds of things they are into ETC..... Newbies come and go these days :(

11. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    People also go on the boards and talk about how LOTR is better the SW, what the hey?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.