main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Taboo subjects in stories

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by JediMaster_Jen, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    My story, Darkness in the Light is posted over on the Beyond the Saga board and the next chapter contains a serious discussion of rape. It's not concerning the act itself, but rather the emotional and psychological ramifications that such an act of violence has on people. I posted a warning on my story thread today and I'll be posting the chapter itself tomorrow, barring any objections from anyone on the boards.

What I'd like to know is how such a topic is viewed here. I know the guidelines prevent any physical descriptions of such a theme, and that's fine with me. My family has personal experience with rape and for us, talking about it became the best way for us to heal. So, how much is too much? Will discussing this sensitive subject in a story offend anyone? Please let me know. If anyone would like the chapter e-mailed to them, pm me and I'll get it to you.

Thanx.

2. Wilhelmina

Wilhelmina Jedi Master star 3

Jul 4, 2002
    Had to dig, but I found the thread!

* WARNING * Mature themes within --Rape, Torture, etc.

This is DarthBreezy's first discussion thread dealing with mature themes. You might find what some people have already had to say on the topic enlightening. :)

(If you're interested in taboo topics in general, her second thread is here.)

3. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks for the heads-up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.