main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Tactless" -- {L/M-ish Humor + Silliness}

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by oba_incarnate, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Definitely loved this one! Sooo funny!

*thumbs up*

2. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    <--------------*is dead from extreme laughter-induced asphixiation*

Now I'm going to come back and haunt you with my Force-ghostie, Elli! [face_devil] :p

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_laugh]

Well, she tried! She really did. It's not her fault that Luke doesn't know comforting when he gets it, now is it? Poor Luke! I've known people like that, and it's all you can do to survive their comforting! That was hilarious!

He'd called Leia as soon as he'd finished in the 'fresher, hoping she had something for him to do -- anything, so long as it was far from Mara Jade. New Imperial super-weapon, hostile alien species attacking the Republic, long-dead Sith Lord that needed re-slaying ... at this point, he was quite willing to settle for a Ewok stuck in a tree.

The one time he was hoping for a crisis was the one time that the galaxy didn't deliver.

Where's a galactic crisis when you need one?

4. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    ohhh this is great!

last line especially. . . common . . . you know you're hopping to be next time Mara.. . ;)

5. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Wow, I am so good at responding to reader comments ... let's not even go there ... [face_blush] Homework and college apps! :_|

Laura_Anu - *laughs* Aye, five exclamation points are five times as good for the soul as single exclamation marks. ;) Thanks!!!!!

Darth_Suzi - Hey, nothing wrong with giving a bit o' comfort, especially if they're a few bonuses attached. [face_devil] Thank you! @};-

Agent_Jaid - Damn, girl, I love you. :p There's nothing quite as good for the author's soul as reading long comments like this -- though 'goddess' makes me [face_blush] to death. [face_blush] Thanks, sweetpea!

C3SoloP0 - Thanks, hon! @};-

ThePariah - Oy, this so counts as giving Luke his happy ending, denial of comfort sex or not. ;) Elli-stories don't get much happier than this ...

VaderLVR64 - Galactic crises have this nasty habit of turning up at the most inconvenient times. :p They need to start scheduling 'em, Force-dammit, so the heroes know when they can take vacations ... Thanks!

maramijade - *cough* Nothing wrong with a lil' comfort, when called for. :p

6. z-95headhunter

z-95headhunter Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2005
    I like getting to see the human side of Luke. The fact that Mara was raised by the Sith would make it hard for anyone to grow up with tact.

7. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Um... can I say this is Brilliant? Because it is...

I can just see Mara trying to be a comfort but seriously screwing it.

As for Luke... why he mentioned 'comfort sex' I don't even want to know...

8. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    LOL...even Luke is only a man. ;I

9. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    z-95headhunter - *laughs* Who needs tact when you have some wicked awesome lightsaber skillz? ;) Thanks for reading! @};-

RedGold - Thank you! :D And the comfort sex was my attempt to liven up the last half of the story ... in-universe, I'm going to blame Luke's confusion and general awkward!farmboy-ness. :*

Emmi - *laughs* Aye, that he is. :D A man who looks very nice in a tank top. O:)

10. Jedi_Alexis

Jedi_Alexis Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2004
    "Listening would have been fine. Companionable distraction would have been good. Comfort sex would have been great."

[face_laugh] That was the best line. Luke saying that just cracks me up.

11. NenYim

NenYim Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    "At least there's no gravesite."

Yes...very tactless of Mara...

[face_laugh]

Wonderful story!

12. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Aye, indeed he does. *stares blankly into space*

13. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Congratulations on winning Reader's Choice Humor, Elli! :D Very well deserved, darling. [:D] [:D] [:D]

14. Jadeling

Jadeling Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2005
    *Is attempting to get back into chair after falling out of it numerous times.*

This story ROCKS!! Mara was exquisitely tactless! You have no idea how many times my eyes popped out of my head because of something either person said or did. Especially when Luke made that "comfort sex" comment. *Snicker* Luke really is a guy after all.

Thanks for sharing this brilliant fic with all of us. I kneel before your superior humorous writing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.