main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~Tagged~ A Long Handmaiden Fanfic - Prelude in the Archive

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by HandmaidenEirtae, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
  2. vibroknife

vibroknife Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2002
    Up UP and waay waaaay waaaaay up.
    o, and welcome home Eirtae.

3. HandmaidenEirtae

HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2001
    I'm back!

Wow, thanks for all your consistent ups! I feel so special. :D I have somemore written, the first part being a revelation of GREAT importance! ;/ But you'll have to wait to find out what it is. Bwahahah.... It's about Sabe's mother. But I probably won't have it typed up and posted until tomorrow.

I had this horrible dream about the story while I was away. I got back and nobody had posted a reply to my latest post. I was crushed! Thankfully, I realized it was only a dream.

Page 20! I'm so happy! :D Wow, I never thought this story would get this far. Thanks, guys. I couldn't have done this without you! :D

Eirtae

4. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    Welcome back Eirtaé! Hope that you had a great vacation.

Anyway, I would have not ignored your story while you were away. Wanted to help you reach your goal of 500. :D

5. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Welcome back! *Throws confetti*

Now, what's this about Sabé's mom? I wanna know! Aaaah!

Looking forward to that post... :D

6. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    Wow, I just realized that I spelled "catch" wrong up in the title when I left. Ouch. [face_blush]

Well, I've gotten the next part typed up, the first 'revelation'. ;) It's kinda long, but I hope you won't mind. It reveals two things, actually. Something about Sabe's mother, and the name of Sabe's mystery man (it's about time, right?).

Ohhh, BTW, anyone from the RHS, I think I've found the solution to the whole pronounciation of Eirtae's name thing. When I was in Ireland, there was a major telephone company called "Eircom." It was prounounced "air-com." I rest my case. ; )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sabé bounced down the large marble steps of the Palace and across the cobblestone square to a dark blue hovercar. Excitedly, she yanked open the passenger?s door and flung herself into her father?s waiting arms.

?I missed you so much!? she cried, hugging him fiercely.

?I missed you too, darling,? he replied, his voice tight as he pressed his cheek against her hair.

Sabé sighed contentedly into his shoulder. She could spend her whole afternoon in that hovercar, in the safety of her father?s arms. She had been a nervous wreck until she had finally heard from him, and then she had been the embodiment of joyous anticipation, counting down every second until her father arrived to pick her up. Padmé, finally fed up with Sabé?s skittishness, had ordered her to wait outside. But now all her anxiety had disappeared. It hadn?t felt like they?d won until she had seen her father again.

After several quiet minutes, Sabé finally pulled back and settled into her seat, pulling on her safety belt and shutting the door.

?So, where are we going for dinner?? she asked.

Her father laughed. ?Anywhere you want,? he told her. ?The Republic relief ships have restocked every restaurant and food store. And, of course, Misamé restocked our house as soon as possible.?

?Let?s just go home then,? Sabé said. Her father nodded as he pulled away from the Palace. ?We can have Misamé whip up some of her famous dinner dishes. Besides, we need some place private to talk.?

Lord Baun glanced at her sidelong. ?Yes,? he murmured. ?We do.? Sabé, hearing the odd tone in his voice, opened her mouth to ask what he was talking about, but he cut her off quickly. ?Later,? he promised.

Sabé scrutinized him carefully, then nodded, letting the mood and the subject slide.

?I?m so glad to see you safe,? Sabé breathed, looking out the window. There were many people on the streets, most looking tired and thin but with huge smiled stuck on their faces. Some were decorating their houses and shops for the big celebration in four days, other were carrying large parcels of food, and a few people were even pulling out instruments from carrying cases and starting to play old victory ballads. ?Saché almost died. She gave us a pretty bed scare when she came tottering up to us after the victory speech. So many people have died or contracted diseases.? She hesitated, then lowered her voice. ?We think Yané has dramatic psychological trauma. She?s even quieter than usual and she never sleeps.?

?All of us were affected, Sabé,? he father sighed, rubbing a hand over his chin. ?The people in the camps saw death and destruction we?ve only heard of in horror stories. You and your friends took part in a dangerous battle, watching people you knew get shot and killed. It?s not something you recover from quickly.

No, Sabé agreed silently as she tried to block the picture of a young guard being shot through the chest from her mind. No, it?s not.

?Here,? Lord Baun said, breaking the silence. He tossed her a commlink. ?Call Misamé and tell her you?re coming for dinner. She?ll be thrilled; she?s been hoping to see you soon. No doubt she?ll whip up a famous Misamé feast.?

Sabé grinned and flicked the commlink on.

One incredibly delighted cook and two hours later, Sabé

7. FurryDuck

Apr 2, 2001
    [face_shocked] Sabé's mom was a decoy? Wow. I definitely wasn't expecting that!

So Aiden's the name of this mysterious young man? Such a charmer.

Great post! :D

8. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    Wow! That was very surprising. :eek: You sure know how to surprise your readers. :D At least, we now know the admirer's name. :) Perhaps a nice little romance for Sabé, especially w/ that kiss. Whoa! [face_love]

9. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    [face_shocked] [face_shocked] WOW!!!

Shocking indeed!! Sabe's mother a decoy!? Awesome and fitting. very cool indeed. I'm so happy for her that her father is okay. I was worried!

And Aiden!! woowoo!! Such a charming young man!! Lots of bravado, kissing her like that!! :p

Awesome post Eirtae, and I'm so glad your back!!

~Obischick

10. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    It's nice to know I can still surprise you guys. :) Unfortunately, I don't think the Aiden/Sabe storyline will be continued until The Fabulous Five Strike Back. I have to have something to get you guys to come back, right? ;) Besides, it ties in with another plot line that's going to be continued in the sequel.
    I've written the next part, but I have to type it up and work on it a little bit.

Vibroknife, I refuse to be blackmailed by you anymore. I didn't have time to type it up so it's not here. Besides, I'm going to be gone next week, too.

Eirtae

11. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    *tremble* you're gonna be gone next week? *tremble tremble* :( :(

:_| :_|

WAAAAHHHH!!!! I want more!! :(

BTW, in my excitement before, I forgot to tell you that Aiden is one of my favorite names and I was so thrilled to see that you used it for Sabé's boyfriend!! :)

Up!!

~Obischick

12. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    Really, Obischick? Aiden is your favourite guyws' name? Wow, what a coincidence. I actually picked up his name in Ireland. First I was going to use Brennuin Midir, but then I switched to Aiden. I guess it's a good thing. ;)

Up!

Eirtae

13. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Really? I'm glad you chose Aiden. It's a very good name.

(this is also one of those happy "UP" posts ;) )

~Obischick

14. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    Up!
    My last post for a week will be tomorrow, though I hope to have one done by today.

You know, I would greatly appreciate it if one of my friends who is constantly asking me to post (coughcoughVibroknifecoughcough) could actually take time out of his busy schedule and post a reply.

Men.

Eirtae

15. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    Well, here's the next 'revelation.' It's not really a revelation, only Sabe's was, but it's so much fun calling these next installments 'revelations' that I can't stop. :) But at least this one's happy. Tomorrow's isn't going to be nearly as pleasant... [face_devil]

Soft laughter rippled through the small park, drawing amused looks and small smiles from the passing people to the general direction of Yané and her mother, who were lounged on the grass, an open picnic basket between them. A soft breeze blew across their faces, teasing the ribbons in their hair and lightening their moods. Yané rolled over on her stomach and swung her legs gently in the air, contentment blowing over her with the wind.

Her mother peered into the basket. ?There?s still a little more food in here.?

Yané groaned. ?I don?t think I could eat another crumb!?

Her mother laughed lightly. ?It was lovely of the Queen to let you spend the afternoon with me,? Laivené murmured.

Yané idly studied a gardener trimming a large flowering bush. ?Yeah, she?s great.?

They lapsed into silence for a few minutes, savoring the peace about them. They had spent the last few hours talking and laughing, discussing anything and everything but the occupation. Yané enjoyed the mutual aversion of the subject; in the busy Palace, she was incessantly reminded of the horror by the continual relief efforts being planned.

But out in the park, Yané put the entire ordeal from her mind. It was such a gorgeous day, one obviously designed for picnics and going to the park. The breeze bathed them in sweet-smelling air and gently shook the leaves of the trees, and Yané breathed it deeply, gratefully as she watched the people wandering around. A tiny girl chased the birds, her hair and her mother flying after her. An elderly couple shuffled down the path, holding hands tightly. Small smiles appeared on their faces as they passed a younger couple, sitting on a bench and staring dreamily into each other?s eyes. Yané grinned a bit herself, watching the young couple intently and waiting for them to give in and kiss. She was distracted, though, as another person slipped into the park, hands in his pockets and head down. Yané stiffened.

Her mother glanced up immediately. ?What?s the mat...? The question faded from her lips as she followed her daughter?s gaze. Jumping up, she snatched the picnic basket and hauled Yané to her feet. ?Come on; we?re leaving.?

Yané stumbled after her mother, unable to rip her eyes away from the figure. He looked so pitiful now, so unlike the last time she had seen him, six months ago.

Thane Calnen raised his head, watching them hurry away with helpless eyes. An instant?s hesitation reigned on his face, then it firmed into determination as he jogged after them.

?Laivené, wait!? he called.

She didn?t stop, but kept propelling Yané forward.

?Please!? he begged.

Yané dug her heels into the ground, resisting her mother?s insistent tup on her arm. She didn?t know why she had decided to wait for him or why she felt the urgent need to hear what he was going to say, or the inexplicable well of pity and warmth she suddenly felt towards him.

Laivené was forced to halt. If her daughter was going to stop and wait for that beast, she had to too. She exhaled deeply, preparing herself for the inevitable confrontation. She could hear him shuffling up to them, but didn?t turn around, even though she know that by the shift of Yané?s arm that she had.

Yané watched him approach them slowly. His hair was dirty and disheveled, stopping down into his bloodshot and dull eyes. His crumpled, unwashed clothes hung loosely on hunched form. Yané thought he looked thinned since the last time she ahd seen him.

He stopped a few meters away from them, simply staring for a moment at the ground. Yané waited patiently; she knew he was trying to work up the courage for whatever he was about to say.

?Laivené, Yané,? he started, then p

16. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
  17. FurryDuck

Apr 2, 2001
    YAY! That was so sweet. It's good Thane finally realized what's most important in his life.

Wonderful post! :D

Edit: Almost at 500!

18. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    You know, I would greatly appreciate it if one of my friends who is constantly asking me to post (coughcoughVibroknifecoughcough) could actually take time out of his busy schedule and post a reply.

Men.

First off, [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] LOL!!! That's great Eirtaé!! :p Hilarious!! :p :D

She knew that a rainbow always followed a storm, but she had never seen one quite this beautiful.

AWWWWWWWWWWWW.....that's so beautiful!!! :_| :_|

That was a great post Eirtaé! I loved how you had Yané and her mother just enjoying the day, I felt as if I was there with the wind in my face. I also enjoyed the whole confrontation with Thane. I'm glad that Yané's family is going to be better after the occupation. So sweet.

~Obischick

19. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    Thanks, FurryDuck and Obischick! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D Especially since the next post isn't nearly as happy. [face_devil] I hope to get the next part up tomorrow, as well as get to 500 before I leave tomorrow. Oohh, I almost felt like a handmaiden today! My friend had a birthday party, and she rented a limo to take us around the city to all these great places. It was so much fun! People were always staring when we got out of the limo, and we trailed her everywhere. It was great. Anyway, up! :)
    Eirtae

20. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    That sounds awesome Eirtaé! I would love to ride around in a limo all day!! :p

Can't wait for the next post!! Even though it is going to be sad... :( :( :_|

UP!!!

Onward and UPward to 500!!!

~Obischick

21. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    Tried to post yesterday but my computer died on me. Grrr....

Anyway, great post again. It's wonderful to see Yané be happy after what happened to her during the occupation. :)

Look forward to the next post, no matter how sad it is. :D

22. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    And up again...

must...reach...500!!

~Obischick

23. FurryDuck

Apr 2, 2001
    497! I say two more people post and Eirtaé should get #500!

Post again soon!

24. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    Up!

Getting very close. :D

25. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    OOohhhhh I'm 499??

Uppers!!

~Obischick