main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~Tagged~ A Long Handmaiden Fanfic - Prelude in the Archive

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by HandmaidenEirtae, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandmaidenEirtae

HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2001
    Post 550!
    Sorry, I had to get the half way mark, especially since I never get the hundred mark. ;)

Eirtae

2. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
  3. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    Congrats on five-five-oh!!

hehe!! Up!!

~Obischick

4. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, Eirtaé you may find this hard to believe.... but I caught up again!

And eagerly waiting for more!

**NOTE** Sache profusely apologizes for the lack of intelligent feedback, and will try to do better next time.

5. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
  6. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    About the celebration...

I think the banquet and parade is fine. The last ball was really fun to read about though. It just depends on how much you want to write, I'll be pleased any way :).

UP!

7. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    Hmmm...a ball would be nice and would fit into the celebration parade. Although, you could make the celebration into a whole-day situation. All of the Naboo needs it after dealing w/ the Federation.

Anyway, very emotional funeral scene. :_| Hope that Eirtaé recover soon. Though, it's clever of Sabé to think of something to try to make her forget for a bit.

Very sweet of you to add in the letter from Anakin. [face_love] Also sweet is the return of Padmé's pendant. Almost forgot about that scene when she gave it to Sabé. :D

8. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Upsy Daisy!! :)

~Obischick

9. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    Okay, I've gone in favor of a ball and banquet type of thing. More to write. :)

Sache8 - Welcome back! And your so called 'lack of intelligent feedback' doesn't bother me at all; i'm delighted you got caught up again.

Lija - I'm glad you, er, liked the funeral scenes. And if only we all could get letters from Anakin -- when he's 19, not when he's 9. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eirtaé awoke slowly to the rising sun, its light streaming in the window to light up her face. Blinking awake, she saw Yané across from her, sleeping peacefully, and she sighed peacefully, as she too had a good night?s rest. Eirtaé sat up quickly and stretched, then threw back her covers and headed for the ?fresher.

When she came out again, most of the other girls were drifting awake. Rabé had gone to waken Padmé, and Sabé was shaking Yané -- just a little harder than normal -- to rouse her. Only Dané still slumbered, and she wasn?t attending the Padmé at the Parade, so the other girls let her be. Eirtaé brushed out her long blonde hair, braided it quickly, then slipped on the green robe designated for the festivities.

Rabé shuffled back into the handmaidens? room, stretching. ?Morning, Eirtaé,? she yawned. ?The gown?s all set up, but Padmé insisted on running to her office -- in her bathrobe, I might add -- to finish up some last minute details. She told me to make sure we were all dressed and ready when she came back.?

?When have we ever not been ready?? Eirtaé implored, rolling her eyes mockingly. ?It?s always the Queen who slows us down.?

?True,? Rabé agreed as she searched her closet for her gown. ?I think it?s an insecurity issue. Padmé just can?t deal with the fact that we?re better organized than she is.? Grinning sleepily, she sailed toward the ?freshers.

The door chime sounded, and all the girls looked expectantly to Eirtaé, who was the only one who wasn?t in her nightgown. Rolling her eyes at them, she walked through the lounge and to the door, where a servant waited with their breakfasts. Eirtaé first helped him set the handmaidens? food on the table in the lounge, then she carried Padmé?s meal to her rooms.

Half an hour later, Padmé?s dressing room was crammed with five young ladies, all hurrying around trying to get Padmé ready. Due to Padmé?s ?last minute details.? they were running late. Rabé was skillfully twisting Padmé?s hair up into her simple but elegant hairstyle, while Eirtaé settled in front of Padmé to do her makeup.

?No white powder, please,? Padmé directed as Eirtaé lifted up the soft brush.

Eirtaé made a face in surprise. ?What?? she demanded.

?No white powder,? Padmé repeated. ?Simply the red dots and the lipstick. That white stuff is too formal and solemn. Besides, it makes my skin itch.?

A smile flickered to Eirtaé?s lips as she put the brush down. ?Panaka isn?t going to like this,? she remarked. ?He?s going to say that it compromises security and will bring suspicion on Sabé when she has to be the decoy.?

?Oh, nobody has ever seen my face without makeup, and nobody will ever see Sabé?s face without makeup,? Padmé replied, scowling at an imaginary Panaka. ?The decoy will still work.?

Sabé laughed lightly from where she was sitting at a computer terminal, making Eirtaé and Padmé look up at her curiously.

?What?? Padmé asked.

?The tabloids,? Sabé said, motioning to the computer screen. ?It seems one of the guards who was accompanying us to Boss Nass let it slip that Queen Amidala has a decoy. Normally this kind of vague information on our high standing monarch would give the tabloids enough to keep them guessing for a year, but then Panaka discreetly and vaguely confirmed it, so now their double-guessing themselves, thinking that if Panaka confirmed it, it can?t possibly be true.?

?What odd logic,? Rabé murmured.

Padmé grinned. ?Oh, how reads the tabloids anyway??

?Sabé does,? Eirtaé piped up.

Sabé?s cheeks pinked. ?It?s good to be infor

10. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Well, I thought the last line was good! :p so there!!

Excellent post Eirtae! I love them getting ready in the morning. I can practically see them dragging Padme, kicking and screaming from her office to get her ready for the Ball/Banquet/Parade/thingy.

Great post, love how Sabe reads the tabloids and how Padme let the girls off for the night. Will Sache be able to come? I hope so...

Anyways, I know this seems premature, but I can WAIT for the next post...it ought to be great!

~Obischick

11. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    the last line is fine! great post! eagerly waiting for more!
    i like panakaS idea of confirming it to confuse others.

12. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
  13. FurryDuck

Apr 2, 2001
    Great post!

The whole part about the tabloids was hilarious. Don't worry Sabé, you're not the only one whoe reads them... :p

Also good logic by Panaka to confirm that Amidala had a decoy. I wouldn't know what to think if I heard that!

Looking forward to the rest of the celebration!

14. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
  15. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    kudos to my faithful readers: Obishick, Bobill, and FurryDuck! I wonder where every one else is? I feel like I'm shamelessly promoting, having up-ed myself three times now, but ah well. More should be up soon. I'm working hard on the story I'm trying to get archived, Prelude. It's not an excuse; it's a reason! ;)
    Eirtae

16. FurryDuck

Apr 2, 2001
    I'll up it this time :D.

17. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    me too.

Up, UP and AWAY!!!

~Obischick

18. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
  19. Padawan_Laurianna

Padawan_Laurianna Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2002
    ::runs into room out of breath and skids to a stop with a squeak of her shoes... huff, huff, puff::

Sorry, sorry, I know I'm late! ::smiles sheepishly and scuffs her feet on the floor:: I uh... yea went MIA for a while, please forgive me?! Anywho, glad HM.Eirtae' likes my exclamation marks 'cause I use them a lot! !!! :D

Great morning scene, with Padme' running late and everyone else already dressed. I loved that. Also the Captain confusing the tabloids was a great idea. (I always wondered how they ended up keeping the lid on that one for future security situations...)

Rock on HM. Eirtae' and post when you can!
    uppity up up up! ;) ::waves::

P.S. Obischick, you're watching me!!! I feel so special and loved! Thanks for continuing to make this newbie feel ultra-welcome! [face_blush]

20. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    I'm so distraught! I started working on a post today, but my computer froze up. And then, when I tried to reopen the story after I rebooted, it said the file had been damaged and couldn't be opened! :_| But I can fix it, I can fix it. Or rather, I can get someone who can. And not only that, but I was going to save my 400th post for the next installment, but I was browsing boards and ended up posting it at a fanforce chapter board! :_| So this is my 402nd post. :(

Padawan Laurianna - MIA?? :eek: That sounds dangerous! Of course you're forgiven. ;)

If yall'll forgive me for neglecting this thread! I was driven to finish Prelude for the betas, then I had to write a Leia vignette, and then I wanted to figure out what to write next after this. But I'm going to finish this now, 'cause all that's left are the Parade/Banquet/Ball scenes, and the birthday -- but I can't tell you whose! :) Now, back to.....other stuff!

~Eirtae~

21. Padawan_Laurianna

Aug 17, 2002
    HM.Eirtae', thanks so much for your forgiveness, m'lady! ::curtsies and smiles:: ;)
    Sorry about your computer! :mad: I'm sure you'll figure it out. In the mean time:

uppity up up up!

:D L

22. Padawan_Laurianna

Aug 17, 2002
    Happy Labor Day!

uppity up up up! :D

23. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    up!
    and happy labor day to you, too!

24. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    I'm here!! :D

Padmé's last line didn't look too bad, I like it. :)

Yay! They get to go to the ball. :) That was very sweet of Padmé to do something like that. They deserve it. :D

Love the scene about the media. To believe or not. [face_laugh]

25. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.