main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~Tagged~ A Long Handmaiden Fanfic - Prelude in the Archive

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by HandmaidenEirtae, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandmaidenEirtae

HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2001
    600! Yea!
    (I finally got a hudnred post)

*throws confetti and puts on the celebration parade music, handing out cookies*

2. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Mmmm... cookies! :D

3. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    Yay!! Happy 600!!!

OOOOHHH!!! Cookies!! :D :D :D :D

~Obischick

4. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    Up Up!
    :)
    Eirtae

5. Padawan_Laurianna

Padawan_Laurianna Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2002
    Yay!!! :D :D
    She posted!!! Oooh, and she's giving out cookies too! Yum. ;) You know, your post made my evening! :D

The post was great, and worth the wait. I actually got a little sniffly about the parade and the crowd's reception of Padmé (aren't I a cheese or what?). I, too, think it was a good idea to give medals to the pilots, and the pilot hugging the woman watching from the side was just beautiful. ::sniffle:: :) And Padmé inviting everyone to the banquet was fantastic, it seemed like something she would do.

:[face_sigh]: How lovely. Thanks for continuing and for giving us such beautiful celebration to enjoy. Write and post more as life allows, we'll still be here upping your thread to keep it from disappearing into never-never-thread-land. :D :D :D

:) L

6. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
  7. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Upsidaisy! :)

~Obischick :cool:

8. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Guess what! I finished this yesterday! (But I had to go to work so I couldn't respond.) I love it, the balls are fabulous\romantic\cute... and the mush is good too! Every Handmaiden is drawn very well, and the emotions in this are incredible. (I'm a characterization person ;))

So without further adieu I must demand...

MORE!!!!!!!!! ;)

9. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Heya Luney!! :D :D

Up we go Eirtae!!

~Obichick :cool:

10. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    and up we go!

11. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    Chicks - Aiden or Staven.... Hhhmmm, I definitely see some conflicts in the future.... [face_devil]

FurryDuck - Glad I made your week! :) But don't forget the sign ----> "Don't feed the ego" [face_blush] PS. What's your secret?

Bobill - I'm glad you liked the pilot part. I wasn't too sure about it at first. Sabe, I'm sure, will have more than just a few gray hairs before she retires. ;)

Laurianna - Here's a few tissues *passes a box* ;) and more cookies. :D

Luneyladytapydancingintherainwhilesigningbroadwaysongs! - wow. I had not idea where that came from. Luney! I'm so glad you like it! :D I'm definitely a characterization person, I've decided. :) And I'm working through Shadows. I'm on page twenty and hoping to get up to date by wednesday (because soon that wretched Drath Real Life will come and steal all the time I have to read fics. :mad:) :cool:

More soon! I have it written out; I just have to type it up. :D :cool:

~Eirtae~

12. FurryDuck

Apr 2, 2001
    My secret?

*Whispers*

I am.. Mr. Roboto! Yes, I was listening to that song when I chose a new signature. :D Hehehe.

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto!

13. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    Hi there people! I'm sorry I've been away for so long... you know how it is...
    Wonderful posts! I'm glad to see the girls having fun again!! I love balls, everybody is so beautiful and nice... :D

14. Padawan_Laurianna

Padawan_Laurianna Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2002
    Yoo-Hoo? Eirtaé? Where are you? :D

Uppity up up!

:D L

15. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    good question. up you go!

16. FurryDuck

Apr 2, 2001
    UUUUUUUUUUP!

17. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    [Palpy] Rise my friend...[/Palpy]

:D

~Obischick

18. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
  19. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
  20. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    Thanks for all your ups and encouragements guys! It keeps my spirits up. ;)

Hey, Angel of Naboo!! It's nice to see you again. And it's all right, Darth Real gets even the best of us. ;)

Here's the next post. About time, yes I know. I hope you enjoy it, b/c... well, I'll tell you at the bottom of the post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun had set early that night, and the street lights cast pools of golden light in the dusk. Eirtaé, Sabé, Yané, and Rabé drifted up and down the streets, popping into cafés jammed with celebrating Naboo and accepting the free drinks. Eirtaé wanted to try some of the champagne, but Yané flat out refused to let any of them touch it. After half an hour of this, Eirtaé suggested that they find a real party to go to before they had to return to the Palace and fix their hair and makeup for the ball.

The first ?real party? they stumbled onto was at a nobleman?s house. Eirtaé insisted that she knew the family, and the other three girls followed her to the door. Luckily, Eirtaé did seem to be well acquainted with the family, as the servant at the door grinned broadly at her and ushered the four of them inside.

Directly through the foyer were large double doors opening into a ballroom and a crowded dance floor. Rabé?s eyes got steadily wider as they passed through the crowd, spotting several high-ranking officials and dignitaries. She wasn?t often in such rich settings as this, the only other time being at Padmé?s first ball.

The girls edged along the dance floor as Eirtaé searched for the family of the house. Rabé wondered briefly how the other girl was going to be able to actually recognize anyone, the brilliantly colored gowns and the bright chandelier light reflecting off sparkling jewelry temporarily blinded Rabé.

?Eirtaé!?

The blonde handmaiden whirled at the voice and grinned broadly. She hurried over to a girl about her age, resplendent in a pale blue dress and pearls, who was standing outside a cluster of people.

Eirtaé hugged her friend. ?I?m so glad to se you,? she said happily. She waved over her friends. ?Sabé, Yané, and Rabé, this is my friend Mersé Ascan. She?s on of the few noble girls I can stand.?

Mersé laughed, still gripping her friend?s hands tightly. ?I?m sure Mother and Father would like to see you, but they?re stuck in that knot of people.? She motioned to the small crowd behind her. ?But my brother is around her somewhere.? She scanned the room until she spotted him. ?Kal!? she called over the music and waved her hand in the air.

Kal, tall and rather cute, with green eyes and brown hair, approached them. He grinned, bowing to Eirtaé.

?Countess,? he greeted with mock formality. ?I?m so glad to see you.?

Eirtaé curtseyed, her face set in the same restrained glee. Rabé had the vague sense that this was some sort of game they played often. ?Lord Ascan. May I introduce to you my friends, Sabé, Yané, and Rabé?

He bowed to them, but not before his eyes lingered on Rabé. Rabé blushed, then mentally chided herself for what she thought was imagined favor.

?So, Eirtaé I heard you?re working with the Queen,? Mersé squealed, impatient with the formalities. ?What do you do??

?Oh, nothing much,? Eirtaé remarked casually. ?Just run errands and help Her Majesty with her outrageous wardrobe.? She winked at the other handmaidens.

?Lady Rabé, would you honor me with a dance?? Kal suddenly asked, ignoring his sister?s continued chatter.

Rabé blushed furiously. Yané, the only one who had heard, as Eirtaé was busy talking with Mersé and Sabé was busy making sure she didn?t let anything slip, smothered a grin and turned away.

?Of course, Lord Ascan,? she replied graciously, and rested her hand on his arm as he lead her to the dance floor.

After Eirtaé had smoothly evaded Mersé's eager questions and Rabé had danced more than a few times with Kal, Sabé discreetly hinted that they should be on their way. Eirtaé hugged her friend on

21. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    hmm, i think this post didn't have very much drama. the charectors seemed to do stuff, but it wasn't anything that really moved them, minus the part about eirtae and the gunguns. maybe you could stress that more.

just some constructive critisism, not like i don't like your story, i love it!

anyway, the ball's comming up, and you'll have lots of chances with boys there!

Kal, i take it he's a friend of eirtae's. maybe he's someone we know's brother or somthing. maybe a villian. hmm

viroknife, i throw vague insults at you.
    make you feel better, hm eirtae?

22. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    That was a great post Eirtaé!! Ooohh!! I love balls so much!! :D And parties where the girls meet handsome and wonderful boys! ;) :p

Kal Kal Kal....arg!! You told me that he was in it before... why can't I remember?? :confused: Remember darn it!! **scolds self**

Kal.... he obviously knows Eirtaé... and he's a noble... Rabé has never been introduced to him... **notice I didn't say 'met' ;) ** Maybe he was at the coronation? In the street, dancing with the rest? Ack!! **runs off to re-read the story**

Oh... and men are notoriously untrustworthy!! ;) They can never be counted on for anything... jeez...

:p

Can Kal come back with Ched and Aiden and Staven?? PLEASE??? :D :D **puppy dog eyes** :p

Wonderful, wonderful post!! It's very suited to my mood right now... which would be: 'happy-about-boys' mood! :D ;) Can't wait for the next bi-monthly update! :)

~Obischick

23. FurryDuck

Apr 2, 2001
    YAY! *Dances like everyone at the celebration*

Hormones are raging on Naboo, it seems! I can't seem to think of when Kal was already in it though...

It's almost time for the ball! [Little Ani] YIPPEE! [/Little Ani]

24. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Okay... here are my guesses as to where we saw Kal before:

Middle of page 5, Sabe, Rabe and Yane are going to the ball:

One guard stepped forward, intending to ask for their ID, then quickly forgot what he was going to say when the girl in red flashed him a disarming smile.

Hehe... sorry, this has nothing to do with anything, it's just funny! :p

Ched sighed and shook his head, smiling faintly. It wasn?t the way he had planned to meet the mother-in-law.

[face_laugh]

Errr... I can't find any!! **wails** :_|

Maybe this (Sache is at a camp, right after they won the battle of Naboo, she's still in the sick tent):

Suddenly, a dirty, disheveled man burst in, rubbing a hand over his stubbly shin as he grinned at them.

Is that him?? :confused:

Ack!! I can't find anyone else... unless I'm blind, which is entirely possible!! :p

And I just re-read that there will be a birthday sequence after the ball! That sounds exciting!! I can't wait to find out who's birthday it is!! :D

~Obischick

25. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    Bobill - Thanks for the condtructive criticism. ;) You're probably right. Ah, well, what's done is done. I'll probably change it when I go over the story again. And, yes, throwing the vague insults definitely made me feel better. [face_devil] [face_mischief]

FurryDuck - Would you like some Celebration music for that? ;)

Chicks - Balls and wonderful boys... tehehehe... ;) Kal at the ball? I'll try to work it out. :D

And you re-read the whole thing? :eek: Er, well, I guess I should have mentioned.... [face_blush] Kal hasn't been in this story before his recent debut.

*flees from outraged readers*

[face_devil] ;)

~Eirtae~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.