main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~Tagged~ A Long Handmaiden Fanfic - Prelude in the Archive

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by HandmaidenEirtae, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    [face_laugh] He hadn't even been in the story yet! [face_laugh]

I'm sure Obischick doesn't mind reading the story over again... I reread it about a month ago just cause I love it so much! :D

2. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    **stares at computer screen in shock**

But... but you said... you said we'd met him before... that... but... I...

:p I don't mind. I picked up on a lot of stuff I hadn't before. I love it as much now as I did then! :)

~Obischick

3. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    I thought it was really cute, gotta love parties! Soooo on with the ball dang it! ;)

4. HandmaidenEirtae

HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2001
  5. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
  6. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    bounce bounce bounce bounce

7. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    UPSIDAISY!!! :D :D :D

~Obischick

8. vibroknife

vibroknife Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2002
    *Sneaks in sheepishly and hopes no one will throw any more not-so-vague insults at him* Anyway, I?m back, sorry it took so long, Eirtae, our move is basically over, and we're pretty much settled back home.
    For the rest of you who are privileged enough not to know anything of my recent excursion, if you wish to keep said privileges, stop here. For the rest of you who actually either care, or have nothing more productive to do than read these mumblings that are being posted mainly so Eirtae doesn't kill me in my sleep...here goes.

The company my Dad works for recently acquired a building in Lille, France, and this building was going to be out of a computer system shortly. Seeing as my Dad designed the computer system in his current building, they were going to send him over there with his team for a period of up to 8 weeks. But then his boss had a brilliant plan, it was decided to send our whole family over there for 6 months. Extremely cool, especially because we had internet access, so I was able to keep up with this fic. Though for some strange reason I chose not to post much of the time. (To save any readers who really need to get a life some time, my last post was in August. And I would like to point out that although Eirtae mentioned in an e-mail that I had posted #500, if you go back and check, I was #499, not #500) I don?t actually know why I didn?t post a lot, usually because I couldn?t think of anything witty enough, so I chose instead to tell Eirtae how stunningly amazing her story was when talked other times. So the real reason for this amazing and boring history of my recent life is to apologize publicly to Eirtae for not posting more often, and a commitment to visit and Up this story as often as is possible.
    -Vibroknife

9. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    So the girls all have sweethearts now, do they? That's so cute... I wish I had one... ;) Are the boys going to be at the ball?

10. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    Hey everyone! I'm just checking in to say that Yes, I am still alive! I'm sorry for neglecting you for so long, but from a certain point of view... ;) Actually, I've had pretty bad writer's block for the last couple of weeks. Last night I was struck by sudden inspiration and I rattled off a short interpretive story and finished a sci fi short story. I'm so excited about the first one! Er, anyway, now that I've gotten my writing connection whatever back, I'm hoping to get to the ball scene fairly soon. :) Thanks for your constant support! :D
    ~Eirtae
    PS Look for this story in the Theed Palace archive soon! :D

11. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
  12. vibroknife

Apr 27, 2002
    Up up up, however, not so high as the wizard or you might end up on Oz.

13. FurryDuck

Apr 2, 2001
    "UP!" says Mr. Monkey.

14. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    UP
    UP UP
    UP UP UP
    UP UP UP UP
    UP UP UP UP UP
    UP UP UP UP
    UP UP UP
    UP UP
    UP
    UP
    UP UP
    UP UP UP
    UP UP UP UP
    UP UP UP UP UP
    UP UP UP UP
    UP UP UP
    UP UP
    UP

15. vibroknife

Apr 27, 2002
  16. FurryDuck

Apr 2, 2001
    For some strange reason I have Mr. Roboto stuck in my head.

Up! :D

17. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    So when's the next bi-monthly update?

18. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    *comes in juggling next installment, text books, and For Whom the Bell Tolls. Throws books into the trash can.* I'm just, er, storing them there. Anyway, I'm here with the next update! I think I'm slowly up surely conquering this writer's block I've had for so long. I'm actually quite pleased with the end of this section. *smiles to herself* Mr. Roboto, FurryDuck? Lol. :D *gives Vibroknife a strange look* Well, I guess I asked for it. I'm supposed to finish reading For Whom the Bell Toll by Monday :( so I don't know if I'll be able to post more this weekend, though I was hoping too. We'll see. At least you have this month's first bi-monthly update! ;)

As quick as the girls were in retouching their makeup and fixing their hair, they were still fashionably late to the ball. They glided into the massive ballroom just as Supreme Chancellor Palpatine finished his prepared speech to the thunderous applause of the crowd. The girls stopped for a minute at the top of the stairs to admire the lavishly adorned ballroom, which was decorated similarly to the last time there had been a royal ball ? except for one major difference.

?Rabé!? Yané gasped. ?Your tapestry.?

Rabé gaped at the far wall, where a beautiful tapestry woven with brilliant blues and greens and shining golds and silvers was hung. Several people were milling around it, admiring the work of art.

?I can?t believe Padmé had it hung there,? she whispered in shock.

Eirtaé giggled. ?She wanted it to be a surprise.?

?You knew and didn?t tell me??

?I walked in the ballroom the day she was having it hung. She made me swear to secrecy, threatening to hand me over to Panaka for drills on keeping vital secrets in the face of interrogation if I didn?t.?

Laughing, the girls descended to the main floor as the orchestra started a waltz and the center of the room swirled with dancers.

?Hey!? Eirtaé suddenly exclaimed. ?Is that Ched on the dance floor ? with ? with another girl??

Her cheery smile had dropped and her face had turned very pick as she started to stalk away. ?Be back in a minute,? she threw over her shoulder.

?Uh oh,? Rabé said.

?Ched?s in for it now,? Sabé giggled.

Only Yané looked slightly worried. ?Do you think he?s really cheating on Eirtaé??

?Not a chance,? Sabé replied lightly, scanning the crowd for Aiden. ?Hey, is that Kal Ascan??

Rabé turned quickly. ?Where??

?Coming toward us,? Yané said, rising to her tippy toes to see over Sabé?s shoulder. She glanced at Rabé slyly. ?I didn?t know he was coming tonight.?

?I?d better go say hello,? Rabé murmured, smoothing her skirt and stepping away.

Yané coughed pointedly.

?Hey, Rabé,? Sabé called after her friend. Rabé turned and arched an eyebrow. ?You might want to straighten your halo.?

Rabé?s hand flew to her circlet, then she blushed as she realized that Sabé was joking. She stuck her tongue out at Sabé, then turned and hurried away.

?How very undignified,? Sabé sniffed as Yané laughed. Through groups of people they could just barely see Kal bowing to Rabé, then leading her to the dance floor.

?Hey, my parents are on the dance floor!? Yané exclaimed, clasping her hands together and looking delighted.

Sabé searched the dance floor. She didn?t know much about Yané?s parents, but she knew there had been a few problems. She was glad to see that everything seemed to be working out.

?Why don?t you cut in?? she suggested, nudging Yané.

?Maybe I will,? Yané said and glided away toward her parents.

Sabé smiled to herself. As soon as she lost sight of Yané, though, she turned and immediately began looking for Aiden. He had said that he would see her today, but she hadn?t spotted him once at any of the celebrations. Wandering through the crowd, she found herself by Rabé?s tapestry. She reached up one hand and traced the pearlsilk waterfall, thinking how it had just been seven standard days since she had ran through those secret passageways, everything she knew and loved

19. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    I loved it!!!

Rabe got her tapestry hung up? Wow, that must be so cool for her! Hope no one spills food on it or something.

So what's up with Yane's parents now? Are they at peace? They better be!

20. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    *sigh* The problem with updating so infrequently is that everyone forgets to check to see if it's updated. *Smiles brightly at Bobill*

21. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    *Bobill smiles very brightly back*

You wrote a message in the title... people should be able to see it...

Don't worry, it's only a matter of time.

And anyway, this might encourage you to update more frequently!!!!

22. FurryDuck

Apr 2, 2001
    Don't worry! Ich bin hier!

It was a good day for me- and that post just made it tons better! :D

Aiden... what a smooth fellow. Knowing just how to make Sabé swoon (and other jealous readers, too :p )!

Bravo! Beautiful! *Sings*

23. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Awwwww I love it!

24. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    Lol, Bobill. I know, I should update more. But you all should be happy to know that I have enough written to make up at least half of the next post. *grins proudly at herself*

FurryDuck - And jealous authors, too. I wonder if there are really very many Aidens out there (Maybe I shouldn't ask that....No, I have to save that for the sequel *puts masking tape over mouth*)

*beams at Luney* Ack, life is so busy right now, I hardly have time to write. *fishes For Whom the Bell Tolls out of the garbage can, er, storage place and glares at the evil Hemingway book*

I must go -- off to read Hemingway -- but I did want to bump this up to the top.

~Tae

25. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    *bounces in*
    I should have more this weekend! I have a road trip this week so I should have lots of time to write.
    *bounces out*
    ~tae

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.