~Tagged~ A Long Handmaiden Fanfic - Prelude in the Archive

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by HandmaidenEirtae, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FurryDuck Jedi Master

star 4
    *Throws confetti*

I'm be here waiting "patiently"! :D
  2. vibroknife Jedi Padawan

(to the tune of star wars) up up up up upup, up upup, upupup up up up up upup up upup...nvm
  3. HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Knight

star 3
    Patience shall be rewarded soon, FurryDuck. ;)

Haven't I told you to never "nvm" me, Vibroknife?

Well, I got back from my trip, and I didn't write any on it, too many other things were happening and I wasn't inspired. *Glares over her shoulder to where her muse is taking a donut break* but I do have a small part written that, if nothing else, will be up this weekend.

BTW, has anyone seen Obischick or Padawan Laurianna? ?[face_plain]

~Tae
  4. vibroknife Jedi Padawan

Apologies galore Eirtae. I promise it won?t happen aga-oh, nvm.
    -Vibroknife
  5. HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Knight

star 3
    Time for dancing and mush scenes for Eirtae and Sabe! *grins delightedly to herself* I hope you have fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time the dance had ended, Eirtaé was in a noble fit. Ched and his dancing partner were laughing as they stepped of the dance floor. Eirtaé stormed over to them, stopping in front of a suddenly bewildered Ched and placing her hands on her hips.

?Ched Jarden,? she sputtered. ?I never ? I thought-?

Ched?s shocked and surprised face suddenly changed into an easy grin. ?Eirtaé, let me explain-?

His casual attitude only infuriated Eirtaé even more. He should be groveling before her, begging her forgiveness for dancing with any other girl than her. She shot a glare at the girl at his side, a petite brunette girl who was wearing an expression of faint bewilderment.

?I thought you were a gentleman,? Eirtaé continued. ?I never thought you would go behind my back-?

?Eirtaé-?

?You told me-?

?Eirtaé-?

?I can?t believe-?

?Eirtaé!? Eirtaé stopped and pressed her lips together in a thing line. Ched blew out a breath. ?Eirtaé, this is my sister.?

Eirtaé?s mouth dropped open, horror dawning on her face. ?Your sister?? she whispered.

?Yeah,? Ched replied, his grin broadening. His sister was smiling now too.

?Your younger sister, Winné?? Eirtaé was blushing furiously.

?Yeah.?

?I?m so sorry,? Eirtaé apologized immediately. ?I thought ? I thought-?

Winné Jarden laughed. ?I?m pleased to meet you, Countess Denala,? she said, curtseying slightly.

?Please, call me Eirtaé,? the handmaiden mumbled, her embarrassment growing each second. Ched and his sister looked so much alike; how could she have ever thought that he was cheating on her?

?Eirtaé, may I have this dance?? Ched asked as the orchestra started another song.

She nodded mutely, taking his offered arm. He was never going to let her live this down.

?It was nice to meet you, Eirtaé,? Winné said.

?It was nice to meet you too,? Eirtaé murmured.

Ched took her hand and placed it on his shoulder then drew her closer to him. ?I can?t believe you thought my sister was another girl,? he said, grinning still.

?Oh, can we not talk about it, please,? Eirtaé begged. ?I?m so embarrassed.?

Ched stopped smiling. ?Eirtaé, you know I would never go behind your back.?

?I know,? Eirtaé said. ?I don?t know what I was thinking.?

?I would never ever cheat on you, Eirtaé,? Ched continued. ?You don?t ever have to be afraid of that.? He gripped her hand tighter. ?I was so scared during the Occupation. I didn?t know where you were.?

?I was okay,? Eirtaé replied softly.

?I didn?t know that then. We knew nothing at the camps. I could only think of the worst. I?m glad that you were with the Queen, on Coruscant, and not in the camps.?

Eirtaé?s mind flickered to Yané, who was still suffering from the psychological effects of the camps, and to Saché, who was still recuperating in the medicenter wing.

?Ched.? She looked up at him, her eyes wide and serious. ?Ched, it?s all over now. I?m safe.?

Ched smiled. ?And you better make sure you stay that way, young lady, or when I get my own command I?ll send them after you.?

Eirtaé grinned and twirled under his arm. ?You better make sure you stay safe, or we handmaidens will come after you.?

Ched chuckled. ?Oh, I?m really scared now.?

Eirtaé smiled to herself. Oh, if he only knew. ?You should be.?

It was several minutes before Sabé let Aiden lead her inside to the dance floor. She liked the feeling of peace and security that she had had out there on the balcony. Certainly more than one guy had ever had his arms around her waist, but she was never as comfortable as she was in Aiden?s embrace.

?What are you thinking about, Sabé?? he asked, his emerald eyes studying her intently. ?You seem so serious for a ball.?

Sabé smiled. ?I was thinking of you.?
  6. bobilll Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm so glad you posted so soon!

She was his SISTER? OH MY GOSH, Eirtae must be sooooooo embarrased! That was a great idea, perfect for Eirtae!

I feel so sorry for Sabe, what's she going to do, having to decide between two men? It's got to be killing her! Hopefully one of them will meet another girl...
  7. FurryDuck Jedi Master

star 4
    I was so embarrassed for Eirtaé when I read the part about Ched's sister. If that were me in that position, I swear I would have died.

Sabé's got herself in quite the fix here! What shall she do, oh what shall she do?

Fabulous! :D
  8. HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh, Sabe's guy problem will be fixed for her....in the sequel. [face_devil] That's one of the ways I'm going to get you all to come back.
    ~Tae
  9. Obischick Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey I'm here!! But I can't write a long post like I would like too! :p

Great ball posts!! Poor Eirtae... :p I would be soooooo embarassed!! [face_blush]

And Sabe!! Woowoo!! ;) Two boys are better than one, but double the fun, double the trouble... :eek: Trust me, I know! :p

And I can't wait to see how Yane and Rabe are doing... :D Rabe's back with her man, and Yane's parents are dancing together! :D Yay!!

~Obischick
  10. HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Knight

star 3
  11. vibroknife Jedi Padawan

12. HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi, everyone! I have to post after next written (don't ask me how that happened ?[face_plain] ). Hopefully that will cure my writer's block for the next post. Only three more to go before the end! :_|
    Up!
    ~Tae
  13. HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Knight

star 3
    Here's the next part! It looks like I'm not going to post a Rabe part, unless I get inspired between now and when I post the next part.

Yané twirled around the dance floor happily in the arms of her father. He held her gingerly, lightly as if he was afraid of breaking her. He seemed a little nervous, but Yané wasn?t. When she was little one time her family had gone to a large family gathering, and her father had spun her in his arms and bent down to waltz with her. That was before he had started drinking; it was also one of the few happy memories Yané had of him. She had always clung to it as the picture of what her father could and should be, but it had been an empty hope then. Now, it was like all her hopes were coming true, and she would have the father she always needed.

?I?m afraid my dancing skills have taken a dramatic turn for the worse,? Thane Calnen admitted, laughing nervously.

?You?re doing very well,? Yané assured him. ?I saw you and Mother out here before, dancing the vuyette. You two definitely outshone the others around you.? She giggled. ?Especially that fat old man and his wrinkly wife that you kept talking to. They-?

?Yané,? her father interrupted, glancing around. ?That?s my boss.?

Yané?s grin dropped. ?Oh. Right.?

Thane looked back to her, his eyes warm. ?But they were pretty bad, weren?t they??

The song died away, and Yané?s mother appeared beside them, smiling. ?You two dance very well together. Yané, you?re skills are far beyond what mine were at your age. But you look flushed. Would you like a drink??

Yané nodded, and the three of them headed for the refreshment table. Yané watched her father out of the corner of her eye. There were several alcoholic drinks as well as water and manto fruit punch, but he didn?t take any notice. Glasses of punch in hand, they wandered around, talking with each other and greeting people they knew. Soon they retreated to the cool breeze the balcony offered.

?Yané was just saying how well we danced the vuyette,? Thane started. He grinned at Laivené. ?And how horrible my boss and his wife were.?

Laivené smiled. ?Remember that one time we left Yané with my parents and went to that classy restaurant??

?And how when we danced the vuyette the whole dance floor cleared off to watch us,? Thane finished for her. He turned to Yané. ?We got a standing ovation for that performance.?

?And for one of our wedding anniversaries your father took me on a picnic - at night,? Laivené said. ?He brought music, and we danced half the night away under the stars.?

Yané giggled. Her parents continued telling stories, until Thane glanced down at his chrono.

?It?s getting late,? he said glumly. ?I?d better leave now so I?ll get to the night shift on time.?

He turned to Yané. ?Bye, sweetie,? he said, smiling tentatively. Yané set her punch down on the railing hugged him, giving him a kiss on the cheek. She stepped back then, and Thane turned to Laivené.

?Good night,? he said. They both hesitated. Finally, Thane reached up a hand and cradled Laivené?s face in it, kissing her on the cheek before turning and striding away. Laivené didn?t flinch from his hand or his kiss; her eyes actually held a new sparkle. Yané bit back an ecstatic giggle.

~Eirtaé
  14. bobilll Jedi Master

star 4
    Ohhhhhh that was soooooo sweet! Looks like Thane FINALLY got his act together! Hehe, love that little remark about his boss!

Now I feel so warm and bubbly inside, knowing that Yane's happy. Good to know that Thane's staying away from alcoholic beverages!

Wondering how the others are doing...
  15. HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Knight

star 3
    *grins at Bobill b/c that was a very fast reply*
    I'm trying to get to my 500th post before I have to get off the computer....
    ~Eirtae
  16. FurryDuck Jedi Master

star 4
    :D

That was such a sweet post. I'm so glad things are getting better for Yané's family. I especially liked the part about her parents and how they danced so well they got a standing ovation. How cute.

*Throws a bottle of inspiration to you* Just in case ;).

Wonderful!
  17. HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Knight

star 3
    *catches bottle* And if I don't use it now, I can always save it for the sequel. ;)
    It felt kinda weird writing Thane as a nice guy, b/c all the other times I've written him he's been drunk. Oh, well, I'm really just wasting posts here. :D
    ~Eirtae
  18. bobilll Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm, seeing Thane as a good charector IS kinda wierd, but heartwarming all the same!
  19. Anyanka Jedi Knight

star 3
    Whew, I finally caught up! :p It took me a while, but it was worth it.

I know mentioned this briefly in the RHS thread, but I am really enjoying this story, Eirtaé. It's very well written and planned out. I love how you've focused on all of the handmaidens in such detail. I don't think I've encountered that in any other handmaiden fic that I've read. You really went all out on this story, and it shows. It's fabulous. I can't wait to read the sequel, and the end of this story, of course! ;)

As for the latest posts, nice little luuuurve triangle going on with Sabé, Aiden, and Staven. ;) I can't wait to see where it goes.
  20. bobilll Jedi Master

star 4
    What's this doing on page 10? Up you goooooooo!!!!!!!
  21. Obischick Force Ghost

star 4
    Awwwwww!!! That was simply wonderful Eirtaé!! :) :D :D

So cute!! I really hope that everything works out for Yané's family!! :) It's so sad!! :_|

I can't wait to see what everyone else is doing... perhaps Saché will appear again? [face_hopeful] And I superly can't wait for the Rabé part!! :D (superly? is that a word? :confused: ) Anéwé... :p Wonderful post! hope DWB goes away soon!! :mad:

~Obischick
  22. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    Awwww cute scene Eirtae :) Yane's parents were awfully romantic :)
  23. HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh, don't mind me, just fiddling with my manuel sig. ;)
    Anyway, thanks for all the nice compliments and ups. I'm planning on posting again on Wednesday.

~Eirtae~
    Treebeard the Ent says don't be hasty.
  24. Padawan_Laurianna Jedi Knight

star 2
    BTW, has anyone seen Obischick or Padawan Laurianna?

EEP! :eek: Sorry sorry sorry, Eirtaé, my dear. Darth Real Life and Darth Art Exhibition severely limited my online time for a while... and because of that I stopped trolling the fan fiction boards. WAHHHN! :_| But thankfully Obischick mentioned recently that you've been updating. So here I am. Late as usual. But better than never, no? I haven't caught up reading yet, but had to tell you I was still here. I am about to go read now, OK?

Sorry again, and thanks for missing me!
    :D L

EDIT: I have now caught up so here are my thoughts...

Rock on! Very sweet stuff about Yané's family. How I wish other families in real life would have more chances like they are having in your story. Very touching and beautiful. I really want to know what Rabé is doing... and Eirtaé! Oh dear! I had a feeling it would be something like that. I am sure Winné is laughing it up about that... Ched was nicely reassuring for her, and good flash of emotion for Eirtaé as she got very serious remembering the horrors of their past weeks. A dose of reality in a fairy tale-like setting. Good. Very. I am so glad Padmé put up that tapestry of Rabé's, very sweet. If anyone, I knew Eirtaé would be able to keep a secret! :D The party drifting the girls did before the ball was enjoyable to read about... hmmm. what else... Sabé. oh my... too many guys... HAHA! She'll work it out. I haven't had that problem in a long time. It is a crazy feeling though. And even though Saché is in the med center I would be interested in hearing about her thoughts on things or what she is doing during the ball. Who's sitting with her and keeping her company? Or is she having a private moment to mull over her thoughts? I know that may not fit in with the fairy tale quality of the ball but I think it would be a nice touch.

I don't know what else to say. Sorry I was away for so long!

take care,
    :D L
  25. Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi there! :D College is going to be the death of me!
    Anyway, wonderful ball posts, dear. A love triangle? Hummmm... Mesa no liken dis...
    Ciao! ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.