~Tagged~ A Long Handmaiden Fanfic - Prelude in the Archive

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by HandmaidenEirtae, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Knight

star 3
    Bobill - I have a feeling that in the sequel you'll see Thane as.... whoa, wait, I can't tell you that! [face_devil] Thanks for the up. ;)

Anyanka - [face_blush] Aw, thanks so much. I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

Obischicks - "Superly"? Hehehe. Hey, Tolkien made up his own languages, why can't you? ;)

Luney - Luney! I'm glad you liked it. Actually, I wrote it kinda weird. First I wrote the beginning part of the post, then the end, then I went back and did the middle. ?[face_plain] Well, at least it worked. ;)

Padawan Laurianna - :eek: What a lengthy reply! Not like I'm complaining. ;) I totally understand about DRL. I'm glad the art show went well for you too. :D

Angel Of Naboo - Hey, w/b, and thank you very much for the compliments! ;) Just try to thwack Darth College if he tries to attack you again. ;)

Here's the next part. Second to last post! :_|

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three hours later, long after Padmé had retired from the ball and just about the time that the crowd really started to thin, the four handmaidens found each other by a small side door leading deeper into the palace. They smiled wearily at each other, and Eirtaé palmed open the door so they all could file through.

?I had a wonderful night,? Yané said happily as they walked down the hall. ?I danced for a while with my father, then my parents and I went out to the balcony to talk.? She grinned. ?I think they?ll be back together soon,? she murmured, almost to herself. She glanced around at the other girls. ?How about you??

There was a short pause, then Eirtaé giggled.

?I had a great evening dancing with Ched,? she said. ?After, of course, I accused him of cheating on me with his sister.?

?I?m pretty sure I saw some lady frantically rubbing part of my tapestry with her napkin, and Alfed advancing on her with stain remover,? Rabé said, rolling her eyes as she remembered seeing the culprit.

?But she was too busy dancing with Kal to care,? Yané teased. ?What about you, Sabé??

?Well, I made dates with two charming boys-?

?One of them being my brother,? Eirtaé interrupted, smiling slyly.

?-which I don?t know if that?s a good thing or a bad thing,? Sabé finished.

?Ooh, yes, you have such problems, Sabé,? Yané laughed. She stopped suddenly. ?Hey, let?s go visit Saché. I know she?s probably asleep, but if not, Sabé can ask her advice on her tangled love life.?

Sabé flushed, resisting the urge to strangle sweet, innocent Yané. ?I think visiting Saché?s a great idea.? She stifled a yawn. ?Who?s tired anyway??

Rabé and Eirtaé raised their hand,, grinning. Yané grabbed their wrists and dragged them down a different corridor. They glided down the dusky, dimly lit hallways, laughing and trading details of the night, until they reached the mediwing and the night attendant shot them a nasty stare. They banished their giggles and headed for Saché?s room, almost colliding with someone who was leaving it.

Mikl Raxt stopped short in the doorway after almost being run into by Sabé.

?Sorry, ladies,? he said, bowing his head. ?I was just checking up on Saché before I went home.?

Sabé straightened. ?Mikl Raxt, we as Saché?s friends are indebted to you for taking care of her during the Occupation. Without your help, she probably would have died.?

He grinned sheepishly. ?Saché?s like the littler sister I never had,? he said. He dipped his head again. ?Have a good night, ladies.?

They let him pass, then they entered Saché?s small recovery room, sitting in chairs around her bed. She was sleeping peacefully, so the girls just sat there, whispering and giggling and stifling yawns, and hoping that the nurse wouldn?t come and yell at them for being noisy.

Padmé crept down the hallway, barefoot an in her nightgown, not even a shawl to shadow her face. It was well into the early hours of the morning, and the only p
  2. Obischick Force Ghost

star 4
    SECOND TO LAST POST!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: **has a heart attack**

but...but... but... but... but this story can't end!! I've been reading it since I got here!! What will I do when it ends?? :_|

**sniff**

Regardless, that was a wonderful post!! Love the girls complaining!! :p So fun!! I wish I could go to a ball... **heavy sigh** I love how they all giggle over Sabe's boy problems, and how Yane's parents are getting back together, and how Eirtae straightened everything out with Ched and how Rabe was bemaoning her poor weaving whilst dancing with Kal!! Ack!! I can't wait for the sequel!!

And poor Padme was waiting for her girls to come back and tell all! :) The poor dear had to wait and wait... and call Panaka to wake the others up!! Lol!

Can't wait for more... even if it is the end...

**hugs**
    ~Chick
  3. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
  4. bobilll Jedi Master

star 4
    It's hard to imagin regal Amidala in that situation! Hehe, I don't think even having Panaka there will be of any help!

Second to the last post??????? NOOOOOO!!!!! What will happen to the dear hms when the story is over? Sequel, I hope?
  5. FurryDuck Jedi Master

star 4
    How cute! :) I love it all!

It's sad to see this story come to an end, but it just makes me want the sequel even more!

Wonderful work! Yay!
  6. HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Knight

star 3
    Up! :D :) 8-}

~Eirtae~
    Treebeard the Ent says don't be hasty.
  7. Padawan_Laurianna Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great post! I am just WAY too tired to be more eloquent though. Sorry. Still here, though. In the mean time...

Uppity up Up UP!!!

:D L
  8. Anyanka Jedi Knight

star 3
    Another lovely post Eirtaé! :) I can't wait to read the last one.. and then the sequel!
  9. Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Master

star 4
    Second to last???? :_| I guess there's nothing I can do about it, is there? Funny post anyway. It's nice to see Padmé's teenage side from time to time...
  10. HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Knight

star 3
    First of all, thank you all so much for your continued support! I could never ever have finished this without you.
    I can't believe it's over. I've been writting this for over a year and now it's done. At least the first draft. ;)
    *hugs!* to you all. It's been great. :)

Padmé and Saché walked slowly down the hallway, the handmaiden leaning slightly on the young queen?s arm. Saché?s fever was completely gone, even though she was still a little weak, and the doctor had proclaimed with a grin that she was finally able to return to her quarters.

?It?ll be good to have you back,? Padmé said quietly. ?Dané?s a very efficient and hard-working girl, but she?s a little.... distant. I?ve already tried all my best jokes on her, and she still hasn?t cracked a smile.?

?Well, Padmé, they didn?t get a smile from us either when you first told them to us,? Saché reminded, laughing.

Padmé smiled. ?Anyway, you five have a much better sense of humor.?

?Really?? Saché asked, mischief glimmering in her eyes.

?Definitely,? Padmé said, palming the door to the handmaidens? suite open.

?SURPRISE!?

Padmé stopped, her mouth open as a barrage of confetti was tossed at her. Saché grinned and nudged her inside. ?Go on, before the servants start to stare.?

Padmé and Saché stepped into the handmaiden?s lounge, which was brightly decorated with paper streamers and still snowing with confetti that the handmaidens kept throwing.

?Happy birthday, Padmé!? Yané said, hurrying up and embracing her friend.

?And you thought you could get away with a birthday without telling us,? Eirtaé said in mock horror.

?How did you find out?? Padmé asked, still in astonishment.

?There?s nothing you can hide from us handmaidens,? Sabé replied. ?Now, don?t even think about sneaking off to the office. It?s your birthday, and you?ve more than earned a break.?

As if on cue, the five handmaidens scattered, grabbing packages and baskets, pulling on shawls and hoods. Padmé considered protesting, but after thinking about the dull work she had in her office compared to an afternoon of fun with her friends, and she decided that she would do almost anything to avoid the former.

?We just have to make sure we get out all right,? Eirtaé said.

Padmé looked at her curiously. ?What do you mean??

?Well, uh... we didn?t really... tell Panaka,? Eirtaé replied.

Sabé rolled her eyes. ?You know him. He?ll send half a regiment too, just to patrol the border. As if we aren?t protection enough.?

?Maybe we?d better split up then,? Padmé suggested, readily jumping into the plot. ?We?ll go in groups and meet in the speeder bay in ten minutes.?

The handmaidens agreed. They divided into pairs and slipped out of the room, one group at a time. Padmé and Sabé almost ran into the dreaded Head of Security, just a few meters away from the entrance to the speeder bay, but Sabé grabbed Padmé?s arm and pulled her into a mechanic?s supply room until Panaka had passed. They hurried out then, and into the speeder bay, where the other four handmaidens were waiting.

?We just barely missed him,? Padmé said, giggling. ?We had to wait in a store room until the Head of Restricted Liberty and No Fun at All had passed.?

Laughing, the girls climbed into a speeder, Sabé behind the controls - ?Are you sure that?s wise?? Saché had asked, eyeing the head handmaiden with fake scrutiny. ?I mean, I only just got out of the mediwing.? Sabé firmly told her to get in the back or stay in the speeder bay.

?Besides,? Sabé said as she guided the speeder out of the bay?s door and into the street. ?I?m the only one who knows how to get where we?re going.?

Padmé and the handmaidens spent the drive talking about last night?s ball. The handmaidens still hadn?t had a chance to share their stories with Padmé, and she told them all about how she had to deal with the Supreme Chancellor?s boring lecture on weather patterns on Coruscant and how she
  11. FurryDuck Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh geez. I don't know whether to cry or shout out happily. I'm so sad to see the story end, yet I'm so happy to know it all and after over a year you've finished one of my favorite fanfics!

Where have I seen that valley before? It seems ever so familiar... ;)

I couldn't think of a better way to end the story. WONDERFUL! AMAZING! BRILLIANT! 17 stars out of 10! I can't praise this enough. This was simply OUTSTANDING! Great job!
  12. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    Ohhh such a cute ending, I love it... good thing Sache's okay!

*cries out* SEQUEL!!!
  13. Obischick Force Ghost

star 4
    **cries** :_| :_| :_|

How... how can it be over?? Didn't it just begin?? :confused:

Aye me...

It was so wonderful Eirtae!! I'm with FurryDuck on this one... 17 stars out of 10!! :D :D

Lovely way to end it too, with the nice reflection and the girl talk!! :) So wonderful!! **sigh** so bittersweet....

**sniff** I can't tell you how much fun I've had on this fic, how much I've loved every second of it! It's truely amazing Eirtae, and if you don't let me know when you repost it or start a new fic or the sequel or SOMETHING!! I will find you.... :p ;)

Amazing.

**raises glass of fizzy fruit drink in honor of the lovely story** Here's to best friends, love and most importantly of all, the fab five! :D

~Chiquita Banana
  14. HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Knight

star 3
    First of all, let me say that this fic has received its second nomination for Readers Choice Canon Story from Zena Antilles. :D Thanks so much, Zena! It was a pleasent surprise. :)

Furry Duck - Yes, the valley is familiar, where another special, er, "picnic" took place. ;) Aww, I'm blushing. Look, you made me blush. [face_blush] 17 stars out of ten? *runs away so her blushing face won't blind anyone*
    *HUGS*

Luney - I'm so glad you liked the ending. I was a little worried before I set to writing it; I always get so worried about endings. :) I'll probably take a few months break from HMs before I start the sequel, but hopefully it'll be up soon. :)
    *HUGS*

Obischicks - Aw, look, you've got me blushing again. [face_blush] Of course I will let you know as soon as I start the sequel. *raises glass of fizzy fruit drink* To the Fabulous Five. ;)
    *HUGS*

~Eirtae~
  15. Anyanka Jedi Knight

star 3
    Aww, it's finished! Like I said before, this was an amazing fic, Eirtaé. Even though I just started reading it recently, I loved every minute of it. The last post was just lovely, a very nice way to finish the story.

I can't wait for the sequel! :p
  16. bobilll Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, I made people happy? All I did was nominate a fic I really liked!!!!!! After all, who could NOT like such a sweet story like this! I envy Padme so much to have so many great friends like that!

Hehe, it feels like so long ago when Sabe was playing chess with her father, Yane playing her instrument in the street for money, Eirtae running from her mother... and now they're all grown up! *sobs*

Congrats on the tickets! Can't see Two Towers until Christmas break, too much homework! *cries* Oh well...
  17. Knight-Ander Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! I've only read the first three pages, and I'm... humbled. This is fantastic stuff! If I had read this before I started my handmaiden fic, I probably wouldn't have done it, this is so impressive. :) How could I even match your ability, Eirtae?

The way you started off by blending the lives of the handmaidens together and giving them full backstories was awesome! I love it, just love it. :D

Well, I'm a bit overwhelmed, so I'm going to take a break and read a little of this at a time, then I'll post again when I'm done.
  18. vibroknife Jedi Padawan

Wait! It can't be over...*It isn't over, it isn't over, it-sigh* Fantastic Job Eirtae, i can't wait for the sequel, i'm sure it'll be just as great.

aoida
    -vibroknife
  19. HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Knight

star 3
    First off, I'd like to give a heart-felt thanks to Knight Ander and Obischick.

This fic received its third nomination in the category of Reader's Choice Canon Story from KA.
    And it recieved its fourth nomination in the same category from Chicks.

Thank you both very much. :D I believe that puts this story definitely in the running. If anyone has any suggestions for which scene to pick to display, I'm open. :)

Anyanka - I'm so glad you liked it, and I really admire you for tackling such a long fic so far into it. It was nice to have you here! :)

Bobill - Yeah, don't you wish you had five best friends to wait on you because you're a queen who'll end up marrying a really hot guy and... Oh, did I get carried away again? ;) Less than six months grown up. Don't worry, they'll be doing plenty of more growing up in the sequel. ;)

Knight Ander - Aww, you made me blush. See? I'm blusing. [face_blush] I bet you're more than matching my ability, KA. I have to admit, I've peeked in The Young Flames every once in a while, but I've been a little intimidated by it. It's a great story, and I'm glad you decided to write it!

Vibroknife - It's over. ;) Your story on the other hand.... ;)

*HUGS*

~Eirtae~
  20. bobilll Jedi Master

star 4
    *sniff* I can't believe this is over! Oh well, there will be a sequel I guess. In the meantime, HandmaidenEirtae, this is by far the best handmaiden fic I've read. Writing about five girls at once, and developing them is very difficult, but you have handled that very well! Look forward to more!
  21. Sache8 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey, look at me! **points to self**

I did it! I actually sat down and finished! :)

And I want to know about the Sabé/Aiden/Staven thing, for goodness sake! You left it hanging! :p

Nice refreshing fic, Taé :)
  22. HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey, guys! For anyone who keeps checking, this fic has received its fifth nomination for Readers' Choice Canon Story by Padawan Laurianna, as well as a nomination in Readers' Choice Most Imaginative Story. Thanks, PL!
    I'm very excited, because this is the first time every I've gotten nominated, and now I move on to the next stage for sure, right? If anyone has any suggestions for which part I should send to Am for my teaser example thing, let me know. :D

Bobill - *blushing furiously, HMEirtae points to the "Do Not Feed the Ego" sign* Aw, Bobill, you're so sweet! Thank you so much. [face_blush]

Sache - *waves* I'm glad you liked it, Che! ;) And of course I left the Aiden/Sabe/Staven thing hanging. How else am I supposed to get you back for the sequel? It'll get resolved then, and it's not going to be pretty... [face_devil]

*HUGS*

~Eirtae
  23. HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow, I just realized a couple of days ago that the Darth Maul on the offical archive site is holding a pencil. I feel properly abashed. [face_blush]

Hmmhmhm, I'm tying to get to 700 posts. :D

Eirtae
  24. Handmaiden2MrsClaus Jedi Padawan

Everyone...
    This is my sock. :)
    *wasting posts...*
    So if this is a sock, is HandmaidenEirtae a foot? ?[face_plain]

~Tae
  25. Handmaiden2MrsClaus Jedi Padawan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.